Beer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
As a college student, I'd just like to say that Bud Light qualifies as a quality expensive beer that you only get on special occasions.

A box of wine is both disgusting and awesome. If I'm going for affordable beer, I'll go with Yuengling.

A box of wine is about as middle-brow as it gets: high for the wine and low for the box. What would you all consider to be "affordable" beer? To me, "affordable" is around $8 for a six-pack. There are quite a few good ones that fall into that category. If we are talking about undergrad affordability though, the options are non-existent.

I don't think you can buy a six pack of coke for $8 here.

How much would a mid-tier draft be at a pub/bar in Australia? I'll never forget when I paid 8 Euro for a pint in Paris. That's when the Euro was really strong as well.

Depends on the place, but for a pot it ranges from $3.50 to $4, and for a pint I think you're looking at in excess of $8.

Wow, that is expensive. High-end drafts here - Chicago, that is - will be 6 or 7 dollars. Most beers will be 4 or 5, though. Our drafts are also a few less ounces than a pint. Domestic bottles usually go for $2.50 or 3.

They've gone up here, too.

I don't smoke, but I believe they're more like $8.99 now or something. They threw a $1 tax on all packs, I believe.

$3.50 for one "domestic bottle" of beer here is pretty much as cheap as you'll find. If you go out to clubs it's worse. Most charge well in excess of $8 for a corona.

$3.50 for one "domestic bottle" of beer here is pretty much as cheap as you'll find. If you go out to clubs it's worse. Most charge well in excess of $8 for a corona.

Oh yeah, clubs will amplify the prices considerably here as well. Certain cities are notorious for that. I had a friend who recently paid $20 for a Mojito in Miami.

LuckyNumber7 said:

This reminds me. Doesn't it shit you having one cent pieces? We're talking about getting rid of five cent pieces here and rounding up to ten, and we haven't had one or two cent pieces since the early or mid 90s.

This reminds me. Doesn't it shit you having one cent pieces? We're talking about getting rid of five cent pieces here and rounding up to ten, and we haven't had one or two cent pieces since the early or mid 90s.

That's interesting. There have been sporadic talks about reforming the coinage, but I think that US culture is so credit and debit-driven at this point that most people do not come into contact with many pennies. I would say that upwards of 90% of my transactions are made via credit card.

Here even the parking meters have gone over to credit card readers.

It does bother me, but I couldn't quite say it shits me :huh:

Yeah, pennies are a waste. But then again, cash itself is becoming almost useless. Change is pretty much useless, too.

Give it 10-20 years down the line and change will be useless.

Depends on the place, but for a pot it ranges from $3.50 to $4, and for a pint I think you're looking at in excess of $8.

After hearing stories from overseas, I get the impression a lot of things are well overpriced here, beer included. My sister got a carton of Carlsberg for about 5 quid in Edinburgh. Though it sounded exceptional, I still can't even begin to imagine that here.

It does bother me, but I couldn't quite say it shits me :huh:

Yeah, pennies are a waste. But then again, cash itself is becoming almost useless. Change is pretty much useless, too.

Give it 10-20 years down the line and change will be useless.

We need to get rid of pennies here in the U.S., and at least change what we make nickels out of. They contain almost 7 cents worth of metal in them. So really, everyone should hoard nickels because it is like an instant 40 percent return on your investment.

We got rid of 1 and 2 cents a few years ago. Yesterday I went to the money exchange to get CAD, and wtf. I had to pay 11 cents. :crack: Now I got useless cents in my wallet again cause nowhere they use them. Though Germany and France and Ireland still have their 1 and 2 cents, and prolly elsewhere too. It annoys me because it makes my wallet heavy.

What kind of beer do they usually serve at Canadian U2 gigs? :hmm:

What kind of beer do they usually serve at Canadian U2 gigs? :hmm:

In Vancouver, your only choice generally was Molson Canadian cans.

original-430-725-molson.jpg

:uhoh: Boy am I glad we picked an Irish pub for our meet up, at least I know the beer is good there.

I usually allow myself one beer when in the stadium for U2, cause I don't want to have to leave my spot to pee.

Wow, how did I miss this thread?!:lol:

Beer is wonderful. Think I had a little too much over the long 3 day weekend here in the U.S.

Back
Top Bottom