Beer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That's the one I posted about here back in 2007. I remember really liking it. I haven't had one in years now. Time to have one again!

Headache, have you had Brooklyn's Local 2? Darker than one, and daaaamn tasty.

Random beers I like:
BellsJava.jpg

3265253194_ee64f273b5.jpg

gulden-draak.jpg

Rochefort-beers.jpg

I'm also a big fan of Unibroue:
4056653085_dd62ff06bc.jpg

unibroue-maudite.jpg

Not to be confused with:
5738_eger-unibrow.jpg

:up: I really need to try some of their other brands. I'll pick up a 6 of each of the ones you posted

Jive, you're from Toronto, right? I was there earlier in the month and took a tour of the Steam Whistle Brewery. I think it was the best pilsner that I've ever had.

iron yuppie said:
Jive, you're from Toronto, right? I was there earlier in the month and took a tour of the Steam Whistle Brewery. I think it was the best pilsner that I've ever had.

Yep, Steam Whistle is fantastic. It's my go-to pilsner if the bar carries it. We've also got Amsterdam brewery which is quite good too, though I prefer Steam Whistle

OK those look positively amazing at first glance...hope I can source them locally :sad:

And I was too scared to quote that guy's pic again...scary eyebrows :yikes:

:up: I really need to try some of their other brands. I'll pick up a 6 of each of the ones you posted

Can you let me know if you find any/all of them? I don't recall seeing these at the LCBO.

Yep, Steam Whistle is fantastic. It's my go-to pilsner if the bar carries it.

It is great stuff. Although nothing tops this ol' standard:

450px-Pilsner_Urquell_2.JPG

Perhaps we should organize an "Interferencers Beer Tasting Event" (not to be confused with "Interferencers Meetup To Get Smashed The Night Before The Concert" ;) ) right around the time of the next show...I think alot of the contributors to this thread will be here, right? :hmm:

Toronto? Yes.

I'm only good for 2 beers though, any more and the stomach is not too happy; it sucks getting old.
(Although, I can put away 2 bottles of wine with NO ill effects. :shrug: )

This is why they must be damn good beers.

i'm only going to toronto if Biebso is there.

i hate this upcoming tour because almost every damned show is on a weeknight or a sunday... can't take weekdays off in the summer, so that puts me at jersey and jersey only. looking into maybe the last show w/ arcade fire, but it's in the middle of fucking nowhere. maybe montreal :hmm:

looking into maybe the last show w/ arcade fire, but it's in the middle of fucking nowhere. maybe montreal :hmm:

I'll be at both those shows and, just so you know, the Moncton show is not in the middle of nowhere, but in one of the most beautiful parts of Canada.

Montreal 2 is on a Saturday, right? That might be feasible for you.

by middle of nowhere i mean there's no direct flight from new york. i'm sure it's perty.

i'm seriously considering the saturday montreal show... it's only a 6 hour drive... toss in a $100 hotel room :hmm: now i just need to find someone who has a car

Let me know if you need recommendations. I'm staying at my parent's place, otherwise I would offer you a place to crash. You seem like a relatively normal person. :wink:

I'm not a relatively normal person but I'm still looking for a place to crash for MTL1/2. Or maybe that's why :lol:

Headache if you come to Montreal I'm still looking to share rooming and Bmac yes recommendations please!

under consideration... i will let you know. i don't have a car so i'd have to either find someone to go with or get a flight in saturday morning and out sunday... can't do friday unfortunately

It's not for everyone, but I really enjoy taking the bus. There's a midnight bus that leaves both cities, so you'll be able to overnight it. If you're crazy, like me, you could conceivably forego a hotel room: leave NYC midnight on Friday, spend all day in Montreal, then leave for NYC after the show. The concert should end at 11 and to get to the downtown bus station from there would take 25 minutes with the subway, give or take.

Or you can be sane and leave NYC midnight on Friday, and then leave Montreal with an early morning or afternoon bus to NYC.

It's not for everyone, but I really enjoy taking the bus. There's a midnight bus that leaves both cities, so you'll be able to overnight it. If you're crazy, like me, you could conceivably forego a hotel room: leave NYC midnight on Friday, spend all day in Montreal, then leave for NYC after the show. The concert should end at 11 and to get to the downtown bus station from there would take 25 minutes with the subway, give or take.

Or you can be sane and leave NYC midnight on Friday, and then leave Montreal with an early morning or afternoon bus to NYC.

that's actually what i was looking at... that or flying into burlington, vermont and taking a bus from there.

wait and see... i have to justify all my expenses these days considering as i'm supposed to be saving for my wedding

gvox said:
Can you let me know if you find any/all of them? I don't recall seeing these at the LCBO.

The beer store by my house has a lot of them. Spadina just south of Bloor on the west side of the street. It's a really shitty looking one but they carry some interesting brands for some reason.

Also, the liquor store on yonge street a few blocks north of davenport has Blanche de Chambly (in the nice 750ml bottles) so I assume they carry a few more flavours. It's the really nice liquor store near the old train station

Yep, Steam Whistle is fantastic. It's my go-to pilsner if the bar carries it. We've also got Amsterdam brewery which is quite good too, though I prefer Steam Whistle

The tour was awesome. They must have given each of us four beers. Then there was the glass, the tour itself, and a ton of advice about what to do in Toronto. All of that for ten dollars. It was quite a deal.

We tried to do the Steam Whistle tour to kick off my friend's bachelor party day last summer, but they were booked, so we ended up doing the Amsterdam Brewery tour. Same deal. We drank about 4 different kinds of beer (super fresh), then took the tour, then drank even more. They ended up having to ask us to leave because we were drinking too much.

How did you enjoy Toronto, anyway? What did you end up doing? I'm always curious what people think of the city.

The beer store by my house has a lot of them. Spadina just south of Bloor on the west side of the street. It's a really shitty looking one but they carry some interesting brands for some reason.

Also, the liquor store on yonge street a few blocks north of davenport has Blanche de Chambly (in the nice 750ml bottles) so I assume they carry a few more flavours. It's the really nice liquor store near the old train station

Ha yeah just north of Davenport.. Man I haven't been there since before I was more choosy about what I drank. Have to make a return visit ;)

:up:

How did you enjoy Toronto, anyway? What did you end up doing? I'm always curious what people think of the city.

I thought that the city was very charming. I was there for an academic conference, so I spent most of my time in and around the university, and I also arrived on the day of the massive snow storm that closed all the schools. On those accounts, my mobility was a bit limited, but what I did see was distinctive and inviting. I loved the architecture on the side streets and the variety of ethnic cuisine. The people were very friendly as well. I'd love to return for a more thorough visit.

Back
Top Bottom