Beer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i did a boot scull once. as in, i was at a club and a mate took his shoe off, and under peer pressure i poured my whole beer in his shoe and then sculled it.surprisingly it tasted better than it does in a pot glass..

Nowadays I think Guinness is nothing special, tastes like vegemite milk. I prefer a stronger stout if I'm having one at all. I'll have a bitter ale at an English or Irish pub.

welcometothepartypal.jpg

Welcome to the party, pal.

yep. it's called iDrink2.0

Shame nobody's gonna get this, thought it was pretty good.

Had this beer in Tassie:
De Molen Bommen & Granaten (Bombs & Grenades)

Yeah, the ABV doesn't lie. Very nice considering that, though, you can barely taste any alcohol. It can be stowed away for twenty years so I felt pretty bad about having it the day I bought it.

This is why cheap beer isn't worth the can it's held in...no beer should be clear like that. :down:

tumblr_lgwsmp6EJU1qfydoyo1_500.jpg

Stouts:

2095-bouteille-biere-dragon-stout.jpg

close second, Jamaican version (also in Nigeria I believe):

3468469535_cc83fb5fa1.jpg

third:

draught-bottle2.jpg

and then everything including Guinness can after that.

The absolute worst Guinness Extra Stout in the world is sold at The Beer Store in Ontario. It's brewed by Labatts under licence and it's disgusting. I can't even find a picture of the bottle online, it's way different. Just looks like a beer bottle with a fake Guinness label. Hate it, and especially hate it when people try to pass it off as Guinness at bbqs and parties.

i don't always drink beer, but when i do... i choose from the following list (in no particular order, except for guinness, which will always be #1)

guinness
smithwicks
brooklyn east india pale ale
brooklyn local 1
harpoon IPA
dogfish IPA
sam summer
amstel

of course, if coors light is on dollar draft night, dollar draft night wins over my better sensibilities. i know it's poland spring with a small injection of hops. on dollar draft night, taste is not what you're going for.

The absolute worst Guinness Extra Stout in the world is sold at The Beer Store in Ontario. It's brewed by Labatts under licence and it's disgusting. I can't even find a picture of the bottle online, it's way different. Just looks like a beer bottle with a fake Guinness label. Hate it, and especially hate it when people try to pass it off as Guinness at bbqs and parties.

This shit with the sort of red label? A friend bought me that by accident a few years back. Horrid

This shit with the sort of red label? A friend bought me that by accident a few years back. Horrid

Sortof reddish gold I think...they sell it in 6s..the carton is closed box and it's all brown with a modified looking logo on it..sounds like that what you are describing..

ETA: you know, that had bugged me for years, long before there was the amount of info on the net that there is now...I just did a bit of searching, and found a forum post by a guy named Rob from Cambridge ON who says that his job at Labatt's was to add "Guinness syrup" to batches of Labatt's 50. Which makes complete sense, I always said that it tasted like a Labatt's even before I knew about who was brewing it. That's fucked, seriously.

Sortof reddish gold I think...they sell it in 6s..the carton is closed box and it's all brown with a modified looking logo on it..sounds like that what you are describing..

That's the one. Swill

Hey JT you know if they still sell this:

was pretty good

I havent seen that in a long time, but I havent been looking for it, so I'm not sure. I think I only tried it once, many years ago, so I dont remember how it tastes. If I come across it, I'll pick some up.

Do you like wheat beers? If so, try some Blanche De Chambly from Quebec. A bit like Hoegarden, but maybe a bit smoother. Some of the liquor stores in Toronto sell the 750ml corked bottles, which is nice. Good stuff

Do you like wheat beers? If so, try some Blanche De Chambly from Quebec. A bit like Hoegarden, but maybe a bit smoother. Some of the liquor stores in Toronto sell the 750ml corked bottles, which is nice. Good stuff

I'm going to try it on your recommendation.

Something's happened to me in the last year or so...I've really become a bit of a drinker. I don't mean a hard drinker but I've been opening up to new tastes, whiskies, wines, you name it. Whereas 20 years ago liquor was just something to buy for the weekend I'm actually enjoying having a "bar" of sorts and slowly (riiiiight lol) working my way around it.

I must be gettin old

ETA: you know, that had bugged me for years, long before there was the amount of info on the net that there is now...I just did a bit of searching, and found a forum post by a guy named Rob from Cambridge ON who says that his job at Labatt's was to add "Guinness syrup" to batches of Labatt's 50. Which makes complete sense, I always said that it tasted like a Labatt's even before I knew about who was brewing it. That's fucked, seriously.

hahahaha, what a horrible idea, but you're right, it tastes just like you think it would

Speaking of stuff being brewed where it really shouldn't be, I like to order one of those big cans of Sapporo when I'm out having sushi. I recently discovered that it's now brewed in Guelph, ON

bah

Back
Top Bottom