Beer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Had this today and it was delicious:

B&C.jpg

Ooh a beer thread. Really love Newcastle, personal favorite. Not a huge beer connoisseur though, but I generally prefer malt beers.

Uh just whatever it's made from I think. I mean, I'm only 18 so I can't legally buy it except for when I'm in Canada :D I've just been told by everyone that I don't like hoppy beers. Stuff like Sam Adams, specifically, I'm really not a fan of. But I enjoy Guinness.

Uh just whatever it's made from I think. I mean, I'm only 18 so I can't legally buy it except for when I'm in Canada :D I've just been told by everyone that I don't like hoppy beers. Stuff like Sam Adams, specifically, I'm really not a fan of. But I enjoy Guinness.

I had this friend go on and on about people who prefer hoppy beers and people who prefer malty beers, and how malty-beer people seem to prefer bourbon and hoppy-beer people seem to prefer Islay Scotch...and finally I'm thinking, "Dude, can we just drink?"

It's hard to not split infinitives when tipsy.

Can we merge a grammar Nazi thread with a beer thread?

If I read more things like, "I drank over 12 beers last night" versus "I drank more than 12 beers last night," I'll scream.

:D :drunk:

Headache in a Suitcase said:
Already have plans otherwise I would be down. Where ya headed?

We ended up at a pub called Playwright. I think it was on 35th. Not bad, but really packed and hot. Seemed like it would be a good spot on a less busy night

And yet all your posts make sense (for the most part - Ha) with nary a spelling mistake.

Drunk texts and/or posts take me forever to type because even while sloshed I am obsessed with being grammatically correct.

I know this shocks absolutely no one. :wink:
Only through hardened practice, sir. I've been typing drunk for years. I rarely make spelling and grammar errors anymore. Though making sense is a much tougher venture.

this is why he's an excellent drunk-to-english translator.

Hmm for the novelty of it since my Canadian cousin was down here for quite a while we got one of them Heineken mini-kegs.

So much better than Heineken in a bottle. In fact, I'm quite picky when it comes to that. Even when in a bottle, it's almost always better when poured into a cup first.

Except for the fact that I tag my posts with /drunk, you'd never know when I'm posting drunk.

Of course, it's hard to tell due to the incompetence of ym posting to begin with.

/drunk

Good choice. There are some really tasty African beers out there. Mostly lagers, but I'm fond of Hakim Stout from Ethiopia. It has a nice sweet taste, almost like boiled candy.

Good choice. There are some really tasty African beers out there. Mostly lagers, but I'm fond of Hakim Stout from Ethiopia. It has a nice sweet taste, almost like boiled candy.
Some of them have a really thin creamy texture that adds so much to the flavor that it is almost unbelievable. Try Harrar Sofi from the same brewer of Hakim Stout, that brewer is like heroin, once you have tasted its waters you can't come back to normality.

Back
Top Bottom