Beer - Page 33 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand
Click Here to Login

Old 07-30-2011, 12:50 AM   #481
The Fly

Local Time: 12:10 AM
My CEO's family owns Yuengling So our meetings are always well stocked! I am on a Rocheforte Trappiste 10 kick lately. But Karmaliet Tripel is a great summer beer too (not dark like Roche and crisp with a great finish. And it covers the alcohol better I think). I just kicked my IPA habit but picked up a 4 pack from the local beer store of some from a brewery in Oregon. I'll give it a try tomorrow.

Old 07-30-2011, 10:26 AM   #482
has a

Tried the Scotch Ale and the Muddy River Stout last night. Scotch Ale was good. Stout was great, lots of little flavors to be found.

Pumphouse Brewery

Probably should have tried the blueberry, too.

Old 07-30-2011, 10:43 AM   #483
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by KhanadaRhodes View Post
i never took you as the type to wear a thumb ring. the nail polish doesn't surprise me though.
I didn't notice the nail polish until you mentioned it.
Old 07-30-2011, 01:32 PM   #484
45:33

Local Time: 05:10 PM
Okay I need help.

I hit the wall. A lot. If I have something on on a Saturday night, it's like my subconscious goes "ooh, pressure's on, you've gotta drink big!!" and you know how you can make yourself sick by thinking about it? I think it's like that. Tonight was my good friend's 21st. I'd been looking forward to it for ages. I had three beers, two jelly shots and two wet pussy shots. Not even tipsy. I got, well, I guess bloated is the best way to describe it all. It all sits in my chest and I feel sick. It's 330, I just got home and I'm sober as dogs balls. Extremely pissed off. More so because I know I can drink. If I go round to a mates joint on a Friday night I'll knock back six beers no worries and could easily keep going. And once in a blue moon I can drink and keep drinking. I hate this wall-hitting. It stops me having fun. What's the solution here? Should I just shove my fingers down my throat and spew? I'm hesitant because I haven't spewed in 15 years so I've developed a phobia of it. Someone help me cos it's ruining my life!!!!!

Also please kindly note this is no place or time for adulty "that's a good thing you hit the wall" "you don't need alcohol to have fun" etc type comments.
Old 07-30-2011, 01:41 PM   #485
has a

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobl04 View Post
Okay I need help.

I hit the wall. A lot. If I have something on on a Saturday night, it's like my subconscious goes "ooh, pressure's on, you've gotta drink big!!" and you know how you can make yourself sick by thinking about it? I think it's like that. Tonight was my good friend's 21st. I'd been looking forward to it for ages. I had three beers, two jelly shots and two wet pussy shots. Not even tipsy. I got, well, I guess bloated is the best way to describe it all. It all sits in my chest and I feel sick. It's 330, I just got home and I'm sober as dogs balls. Extremely pissed off. More so because I know I can drink. If I go round to a mates joint on a Friday night I'll knock back six beers no worries and could easily keep going. And once in a blue moon I can drink and keep drinking. I hate this wall-hitting. It stops me having fun. What's the solution here? Should I just shove my fingers down my throat and spew? I'm hesitant because I haven't spewed in 15 years so I've developed a phobia of it. Someone help me cos it's ruining my life!!!!!

Also please kindly note this is no place or time for adulty "that's a good thing you hit the wall" "you don't need alcohol to have fun" etc type comments.
I can't get drunk on beer anymore because I'm always too full to drink enough of it.
I have a hard time getting drunk on mixed drinks because they often are so weak at bars, so it's not worth it. Shots are hit or miss, usually miss.
I get drunk on wine, and it's just a matter of how much I need. Obviously, it depends on my food intake.

So right now, I'd just sit and digest what you've got in you and then develop a taste for wine. That is my advice in the Beer thread.
Old 07-30-2011, 02:07 PM   #486
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 01:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackhawksjon View Post
My CEO's family owns Yuengling So our meetings are always well stocked! I am on a Rocheforte Trappiste 10 kick lately. But Karmaliet Tripel is a great summer beer too (not dark like Roche and crisp with a great finish. And it covers the alcohol better I think). I just kicked my IPA habit but picked up a 4 pack from the local beer store of some from a brewery in Oregon. I'll give it a try tomorrow.
One of Dick Yuengling's daughters?
Old 07-30-2011, 03:11 PM   #487
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sad Punk

That's a nice brew, and I bet it's particularly good over there with the heat at the moment. If Sam Adams wasn't so expensive here I wouldn't buy another lager.
Every summer I act under tthe assumption that they'll never make it again and imbibe way too much of it.

In fact I'm drinking one right now.
Old 07-30-2011, 03:33 PM   #488
The Fly

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilsFan View Post
One of Dick Yuengling's daughters?
If I am correct, our CEO's brother is married to one of the family members. Or something like that. I am not positive (could be a cousin)....but will find out in a couple weeks. I really like drinking it when I make my Philly trips. I like to drink what is brewed where I travel. Fresher beer and helps me enjoy being in that location.
Old 07-30-2011, 11:22 PM   #489

Quote:
Originally Posted by kramwest1 View Post
I can't get drunk on beer anymore because I'm always too full to drink enough of it.
I have a hard time getting drunk on mixed drinks because they often are so weak at bars, so it's not worth it. Shots are hit or miss, usually miss.
I get drunk on wine, and it's just a matter of how much I need. Obviously, it depends on my food intake.

So right now, I'd just sit and digest what you've got in you and then develop a taste for wine. That is my advice in the Beer thread.
I had Maccas earlier, that made me a bit bloated, which didn't help, but this is a mental thing I think. And I hate wine, unless it's been mixed with juice or cordial, so that aint gonna work
Old 07-30-2011, 11:26 PM   #490
Blue Crack Addict

Are you for real fair dinkum with this bullshit? You're a college university student. This is easily fixable.

First of all, are you beginning with the liquor?
Old 07-30-2011, 11:50 PM   #491

Yeah I am sadly. I'm the only person in the world it happens to. Starting with spirits you mean? More often than not, no.
Old 07-31-2011, 12:17 AM   #492
Blue Crack Addict

Yes, starting with spirits is a good way to go if you want to be drunker.
Old 07-31-2011, 12:20 AM   #493

I really think I might have to do the old fingers-down-the-throat. People always say once they throw up they can keep going
Old 07-31-2011, 12:45 AM   #494
Blue Crack Addict

That is an awful, awful idea.
Old 07-31-2011, 06:19 AM   #495
The Male

Local Time: 10:10 PM
I have the same problem, honestly. I don't drink very fast, nor can I take in all that much because I get full pretty easily.

Getting plastered is less important to me than making sure I'm properly hydrated though, so Friggin Cobbler's anorexia alcoholica idea is a no.

Now.
LemonMelon is online now   Reply With Quote