Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand
Click Here to Login

Old 07-07-2011, 08:27 PM   #421
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 02:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyNumber7 View Post
A 12 can pack here is like $3.
I've been finding 24 packs for between $5-$6 lately, which has been sweet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galeongirl View Post
Boy am I glad we picked an Irish pub for our meet up, at least I know the beer is good there.
Of course, just because of the commercially available beers, you shouldn't bother at all trying the many many many different varieties of excellent beers in America and Canada. That's not at all what a great deal of this thread is about.

we get it, the basic U.S. beers suck.

So does your basic Australian beer (Fosters), so does the basic Mexican beer (Corona).

It frustrates me so very much that every one discounts the VAST amount of microbrews and lesser name brands just because the three or four big big names suck.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kramwest1 View Post
If anyone likes Blue Moon and is within spitting distance of Wisconsin, try Leinenkugel's Sunshine Wheat.

(I found it in a Whole Foods in Las Vegas last summer.)
Their Summer Shandy, I believe, is just pure bliss to me. I love that stuff.

Old 07-07-2011, 09:02 PM   #422
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 04:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonMelon View Post
Ha, I always suspected you were a scotch man, iYup.
Ha, yes - blame my grandfather for that.

My cocktail of choice is the Manhattan - there's the influence of my second grandfather.

Those two consumed a lot of alcohol in their day.

Old 07-08-2011, 05:01 AM   #423
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 08:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyNumber7 View Post
Absinthe

Did you drink it over the sugar cube and all? I've always wanted to try it lol.
Oh yeah, I've got a pouring spoon. It's worth a try for sure, at least if you enjoy aniseed drinks. I personally prefer French to Czech style but it's much of a muchness unless you're a connoisseur.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bono_212 View Post
Of course, just because of the commercially available beers, you shouldn't bother at all trying the many many many different varieties of excellent beers in America and Canada. That's not at all what a great deal of this thread is about.

we get it, the basic U.S. beers suck.

So does your basic Australian beer (Fosters), so does the basic Mexican beer (Corona).

It frustrates me so very much that every one discounts the VAST amount of microbrews and lesser name brands just because the three or four big big names suck.
Also, a lot of Irish beers aren't very good, at least the common ones are no better than a lot of common US/Canadian beers. I'd take Samuel Adams over any variety of Guinness, Kilkenny and Harp.

Banned forever?
Old 07-08-2011, 10:44 AM   #424
has a

Quote:
Originally Posted by iron yuppie View Post
I enjoy a good whiskey or scotch unmixed. With almost any liquor, I think, the low quality ones will go down very rough, whereas the higher-end ones will be smoother. Tequila is the exception - all of it is difficult to manage.
I haven't tried tequila straight while sober. I suppose I should.

I generally like my Scotch with one ice cube. I'm not a regular drinker of it, but when someone offers me one, I usually accept. (I love watching the History Channel's show about making Scotch--I think it's Modern Marvels.)
Old 07-08-2011, 10:46 AM   #425
has a

Quote:
Have you been to Leinie's Lodge? We went there for the free tastings, but didn't have time for the brewery tour.

I've actually never toured a brewery (despite my family's best efforts to keep them in business ).
Old 07-08-2011, 12:43 PM   #426
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sad Punk View Post
I'd take Samuel Adams over any variety of Guinness, Kilkenny and Harp.
I would agree with this. Sam Adams is consistently excellent (and a tremendous brewery tour as well). I dare say that American microbrews are the best that I have had. There are some great ones in the UK as well, but the US edges them.
Old 07-08-2011, 01:04 PM   #427
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by kramwest1

Have you been to Leinie's Lodge? We went there for the free tastings, but didn't have time for the brewery tour.

I've actually never toured a brewery (despite my family's best efforts to keep them in business ).
Never toured. A brewery myself, either . Once Travis turns 21.
Old 07-11-2011, 12:19 AM   #428
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

een's too lazy to post in here, but he's fallen in love with this stuff:
Old 07-11-2011, 01:48 AM   #429
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier

Anyone played Wizard Staff? All you need is canned beer, duct tape, and a liquor source. For every beer that you finish, you duct tape a new one above it. Every fifth beer, you have a boss battle which means you take a shot of something. Whoever has the longest staff after the beer runs out is the Wisest Wizard.

Also, you can only speak in wizard lingo. "I will get another beer" becomes "Hark, I shall fetch me another potion!"
Old 07-11-2011, 03:48 AM   #430
The Male

Quote:
Very much enjoying them right now, anyway. That Saranac Lager & Lemonade stuff we had a while back was a lot sweeter than this, but I still get a nice palate-cleansing light citrus aftertaste off of it. It's cool and refreshing, so it has a lot of value there.

For the record, my favorite crappy, ultra-commercialized beer is Red Stripe. Barely tastes like anything, but it has a pleasant sweetness about it that I find appealing more often than not. Plus, the bottles are great.

Now.
LemonMelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 04:58 AM   #431
45:33

Local Time: 09:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LMP View Post
Anyone played Wizard Staff? All you need is canned beer, duct tape, and a liquor source. For every beer that you finish, you duct tape a new one above it. Every fifth beer, you have a boss battle which means you take a shot of something. Whoever has the longest staff after the beer runs out is the Wisest Wizard.

Also, you can only speak in wizard lingo. "I will get another beer" becomes "Hark, I shall fetch me another potion!"
Yes, though I didn't realise it was a game. We just call it the "wizard stick" and you just keep taping empty beers together until it breaks. Good times.
Old 07-11-2011, 09:34 AM   #432
has a

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMP View Post

Oh, shit. That could be fun.

It could become Highlander, too, where the longest swords battle because there can be only one.
Old 07-11-2011, 09:35 AM   #433
has a

I didn't try any local beer in Montreal. I'm a beer loser and somehow I will atone for that.
Old 07-11-2011, 09:55 AM   #434
Refugee

Local Time: 10:30 AM
Mmmm-hmmm.

Probably could have gotten some small batch Unibroue on tap, at the very least. They do some good stuff (Don de Dieu, La Fin du Monde), but they are pretty large scale for those of us with the elitist defect of needing something small to discover and latch on to as our own.
Old 07-11-2011, 10:02 AM   #435
has a

Quote:
Originally Posted by agentorange View Post
Mmmm-hmmm.

Probably could have gotten some small batch Unibroue on tap, at the very least. They do some good stuff (Don de Dieu, La Fin du Monde), but they are pretty large scale for those of us with the elitist defect of needing something small to discover and latch on to as our own.
To be fair, I didn't drink any beer in Montreal. It was (lots of) red wine for the first night meet-up, and nothing after that. They only had Budweiser at the concerts. It was too hot, and I wasn't going to spend $7 on Bud, even if it is different than what I get at home.

I will definitely go back to Montreal soon, and walk the entire city for food and beer. It's a great place.