Beer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
ndkpg.jpg

Had this tonight, I really enjoyed it.

Oh, heavens yes!

there's a place nearby where I used to go see bands play when they still booked bands i liked, and nearly everyone there always got fosters. and i used to think, dear god why? til i learned it was the cheapest thing they served there (at 4 bucks). i still insisted sticking with smithwick's, and thus never got too inebriated as that shit cost an outrageously inflated 8 bucks a pint.

i have a hard time with ipas in bottles sometimes, they always taste borderline skunked to me. on tap they are certainly delicious, though.

i have a hard time with ipas in bottles sometimes, they always taste borderline skunked to me. on tap they are certainly delicious, though.

Thank you.
I'm not a big fan of IPAs, but I have never been able to connect that in my head.
Most everyone I know in Minneapolis keeps Summit EPA bottles in their fridges, but I don't care for it and go for something else. But, when it's one of the only decent beers on tap at a bar, I'll get one and they are pretty good.

Thank you.
I'm not a big fan of IPAs, but I have never been able to connect that in my head.
Most everyone I know in Minneapolis keeps Summit EPA bottles in their fridges, but I don't care for it and go for something else. But, when it's one of the only decent beers on tap at a bar, I'll get one and they are pretty good.

Anything by Summit makes me really, really happy. I didn't always feel that way about the brand until I moved to Arizona for a few years and couldn't find anything I liked. I'm really enjoying their Oktoberfest right now, even though it truly is better on tap. But I'm really looking forward to Summit Winter in a few months. Summit on a stick at the State Fair was so refreshing :)

Anything by Summit makes me really, really happy. I didn't always feel that way about the brand until I moved to Arizona for a few years and couldn't find anything I liked. I'm really enjoying their Oktoberfest right now, even though it truly is better on tap. But I'm really looking forward to Summit Winter in a few months. Summit on a stick at the State Fair was so refreshing :)

I really wish we had been able to go to Summit's concert party at the brewery on Saturday.
Octoberfest and Maibock are my two favorites, although I should try their Great Northern Porter again.

I really wish we had been able to go to Summit's concert party at the brewery on Saturday.
Octoberfest and Maibock are my two favorites, although I should try their Great Northern Porter again.

I have never been to the brewery. Their hours do not fit into my schedule and the few Saturdays I've had off this summer were holiday weekends. They don't do tours on holiday weekends. :( I always get their Great Northern Porter at Gingerhop....I think it's because it's one of the few places I've been to that sells it. But I always just go with EPA anywhere else because it's on tap. Hopefully some of my hot spots will have Oktoberfest or Winter on tap soon.

What say you to my Fosters revelation?

Shit I didn't see this.

Don't see any problem with it. I'd take Fosters over most of the big popular Australian lagers (VB/CD/MB, Pure Blonde, Fourex, Teds etc), the hotel I stayed at last time I went to the Gold Coast had it in large supply, and I found it pretty inoffensive, obviously not wicked tasty but I've had a hell of a lot worse. Funnily enough my sister took a liking to Fosters while she was in the UK, since it's so cheap there.

Picked up Summit's Autumn Sampler pack last night. Includes 3 of each: Extra Pale Ale, Pilsener, Great Northern Porter, Oktoberfest. I actually went to get something new and different that I haven't tried yet but I ended up not being very adventurous.

I had Amstel the other night and loved it, anyone else? I just bought a six pack of it, but felt like a bit of a tool cos the dude informed me they stopped stocking slabs cos people stopped buying it. The way they open is so cool

Finally going on a tour of Summit's brewery tomorrow. I've been talking about this all summer but it's never fit into my schedule. I'm off tomorrow so I'm going. Can't wait!!! The only brewery I've been to is Guinness in Dublin so I'm really excited!

I picked up a six pack of Blue Moon Summer Honey Wheat last night because it had been far too long since the last time. It's probably my favorite beer ever. :up:

Hey this probably sounds like a horrible bastardization of beer but has anyone tried Rockets yet?

I did when up north a couple weeks back. It's half beer (wheatier the better imo) and half Smirnoff Ice.

The result is almost...orange-y? I dunno..but in the right mood I find it quite tasty. And for some reason it kicks in wayyyy harder than straight beer. :wink:

gvox said:
Hey this probably sounds like a horrible bastardization of beer but has anyone tried Rockets yet?

I did when up north a couple weeks back. It's half beer (wheatier the better imo) and half Smirnoff Ice.

The result is almost...orange-y? I dunno..but in the right mood I find it quite tasty. And for some reason it kicks in wayyyy harder than straight beer. :wink:

you put the smirnoff ice in the beer? that's just cruel, what did that poor beer ever do to deserve such a horrible fate?

I had Amstel the other night and loved it, anyone else? I just bought a six pack of it, but felt like a bit of a tool cos the dude informed me they stopped stocking slabs cos people stopped buying it. The way they open is so cool
:yawn: Nothin' special.

No but seriously, it's a decent beer. Not as looked down upon as much as Heineken here, but it's okay.

What's so different about the way they open though? I'm intrigued. :hmm: Here they open like any other can/bottle.

I've had that once, and it was actually good. It was the only way we could get rid of the gross Bavaria beer we had. MAJOR improvement. :up:

Back
Top Bottom