Beer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I drink whatever I want (in college) although Yuengling seems to be the usual and the 'upscale' for most people around here. Or rather, there, in Orlando (since I'm in NY right now).

I drink whatever I want (in college) although Yuengling seems to be the usual and the 'upscale' for most people around here. Or rather, there, in Orlando (since I'm in NY right now).

Yuengling is a quality beverage. It's a "hipper" Rolling Rock...Pennsylvania makes some good beer. You can even through IC Light in that mix...Iron City :up:

One thing I absolutely refuse is Dogfish Head, or any IPA for that matter.

Talk about putting a bar of soap in your mouth. Same goes to a Corona and a Boston Lager.

I've never heard of Dogfish Head.

As a side note, I think I had about 35 Amstel Lights over the last 3 days.:reject:

Yuengling is a local favorite (which makes sense considering it's manufactured about 90 minutes from here). It's a little heavy, but I don't know many people who don't like it.

The typical beer of us PA college students is Natty Light and Keystone Light. I've seen worse: Milwaukee's Best (aka Beast Ice), Classic Light, but yeah, it's for all intents and purposes piss, and only reasonable if you've had a lot of liquor beforehand.

Hence why Miller Lite and Bud Light don't seem so bad. I prefer Miller Lite of those two.

A box of wine is about as middle-brow as it gets: high for the wine and low for the box. What would you all consider to be "affordable" beer? To me, "affordable" is around $8 for a six-pack. There are quite a few good ones that fall into that category. If we are talking about undergrad affordability though, the options are non-existent.
The main advantage of cheap beer like Natty and Keystone is that a 30-pack costs about $18.

If it comes down to drinking Natty or Keystone (and paying), I'll usually bring my own private liquor mix. Rum and Dr. Pepper being the choice beverage, but a Washington Apple (1/3 whiskey, 1/3 apple schnapps, 1/3 cranberry juice) usually does the trick.

Yuengling is more conducive to drinking steadily throughout the night than using for beer pong, flip cup, chandelier, etc...

For going all out, it's Blue Moon all the way.

I've never had Blue Moon but I've heard good things.

I'm not a big rum or whiskey fan. I tend to stick to vodka and let whatever I mix with it be the strong taste.

If anyone likes Blue Moon and is within spitting distance of Wisconsin, try Leinenkugel's Sunshine Wheat.

(I found it in a Whole Foods in Las Vegas last summer.)

I've never had Blue Moon but I've heard good things.

I'm not a big rum or whiskey fan. I tend to stick to vodka and let whatever I mix with it be the strong taste.

Vodka and Coke's always a solid choice. I haven't had shots in long time, but when I do, if I can do whiskey with a lemonade chaser, I'll be in heaven.

My pop came back from a cruise with banana-flavored rum from the Virgin Islands. Holy shit. Drinking from that straight was as delicious as it was dangerous.

I've had cheap banana flavored vodka before, which wasn't terrible. I imagine some local stuff like that would be pretty damn good.

I've had cheap banana flavored vodka before, which wasn't terrible. I imagine some local stuff like that would be pretty damn good.

Oh man, getting duty-free liquor and local mixes from the islands are the best. My pop and I are having our 21st and 50th birthdays on a cruise this year. Figured it would be cheaper and more accessible for friends than Vegas. The copious amounts of alcohol both on the ship and on land also justifies the choice.

Blueberry vodka with orange juice tastes like breakfast. It makes for a kick-ass shot/chaser combo as well as a mixed drink. It was the only thing that made my trip to Gainesville worthwhile.

Nice. My old man and I have the 21/50 combo coming up next year as well, though mine is right after New Year's and his will be late in the year.

I can't have orange juice and vodka ever again. Bad experience with screwdrivers.

Nice. My old man and I have the 21/50 combo coming up next year as well, though mine is right after New Year's and his will be late in the year.

I can't have orange juice and vodka ever again. Bad experience with screwdrivers.

I was real excited cos I thought my old man was turning 50 this July (I'm on the 18th, he's the 31st) so we were gonna do a joint type thing but turns out he's only 49 this year.

That's the healthy way to get fucked up - plenty of Vitamin C

I have never really been a fan of Blue Moon, which I suppose is odd considering how much I love wheat and Belgian-style white beers.

The threshold for vodka not making me sick may higher than most. I generally avoid it unless it's mixed kind of weakly. Yeah, yeah.

The threshold for vodka not making me sick may higher than most. I generally avoid it unless it's mixed kind of weakly. Yeah, yeah.

Man, I'm sorry.

Vodka is the safety valve for a getting-drunk-night: minimal after-effects, only the first one or two need to be top shelf. God's piss, really.

Oh tequila. Some awful stories (thankfully not with me being the one in trouble) with 141 proof.

Tequila is gasoline. It must be mixed, I'm sorry. That shit is nasty. Funny thing is I used to like it.

In fact, vodka is the only regular liquor I will drink straight up. Ironically, I refuse to mix it with anything. And for that matter, don't flavor it, either. That's gross, too.

Tequila and mezcal have given me some crazy ass nights. Then again, any time I touch a spirit in more than one tumbler or shot tends to be a bad idea.

I used to drink absinthe a fair bit though, which is probably the best way to fuck up your throat outside of smoking dynamite.

I enjoy a good whiskey or scotch unmixed. With almost any liquor, I think, the low quality ones will go down very rough, whereas the higher-end ones will be smoother. Tequila is the exception - all of it is difficult to manage.

Back
Top Bottom