Beer - Page 12 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 02-25-2011, 11:02 AM   #166
has a
 
kramwest1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Not a toliet wall
Posts: 6,939
Local Time: 10:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gvox View Post
Perhaps we should organize an "Interferencers Beer Tasting Event" (not to be confused with "Interferencers Meetup To Get Smashed The Night Before The Concert" ) right around the time of the next show...I think alot of the contributors to this thread will be here, right?
Toronto? Yes.

I'm only good for 2 beers though, any more and the stomach is not too happy; it sucks getting old.
(Although, I can put away 2 bottles of wine with NO ill effects. )

This is why they must be damn good beers.
__________________

__________________
Bread & Circuses
kramwest1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 11:05 AM   #167
Ghost of Love
 
gvox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: In The Ballroom of The Crystal Lights
Posts: 19,834
Local Time: 11:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Headache in a Suitcase View Post
this will be happening before the meadowlands/NYC show, right? i know just the place

THE HALF PINT NYC BEER BARS NEW YORK CITY BEER BARS NYC BEST BEER BARS THE HALF PINT
I was thinkin Toronto...you coming up here?

Love the avatar that is priceless!!

@Mark ok buddy I'm good with 2 (and maybe I'll pinch-hit for you for 2 )
__________________

__________________
ACROBAT - U2 Tribute on Facebook


http://home.cogeco.ca/~october/images/sheeep.jpg

Don't push this button:
 
I'm serious, don't!

 


Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyagu_Anaykus View Post
Interference is my Earth.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gvox View Post
Consequently, Earth is an experimental disaster.
 

If you keep going, you have only your self to blame

 


Quote:
Originally Posted by The Best Interferencer On The Damn Planet View Post
Edge:
too sexy for his amp
too sexy for his cap
too sexy for that god-damned headset
I told you








gvox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 11:13 AM   #168
Blue Crack Distributor
 
Headache in a Suitcase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Stateless
Posts: 56,335
Local Time: 11:08 AM
i'm only going to toronto if Biebso is there.


i hate this upcoming tour because almost every damned show is on a weeknight or a sunday... can't take weekdays off in the summer, so that puts me at jersey and jersey only. looking into maybe the last show w/ arcade fire, but it's in the middle of fucking nowhere. maybe montreal
__________________
Headache in a Suitcase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 11:43 AM   #169
Self-righteous bullshitter
 
BoMac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Soviet Canuckistan — Socialist paradise
Posts: 16,661
Local Time: 12:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Headache in a Suitcase View Post
looking into maybe the last show w/ arcade fire, but it's in the middle of fucking nowhere. maybe montreal
I'll be at both those shows and, just so you know, the Moncton show is not in the middle of nowhere, but in one of the most beautiful parts of Canada.

Montreal 2 is on a Saturday, right? That might be feasible for you.
__________________

BoMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 12:32 PM   #170
Blue Crack Distributor
 
Headache in a Suitcase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Stateless
Posts: 56,335
Local Time: 11:08 AM
by middle of nowhere i mean there's no direct flight from new york. i'm sure it's perty.

i'm seriously considering the saturday montreal show... it's only a 6 hour drive... toss in a $100 hotel room now i just need to find someone who has a car
__________________
Headache in a Suitcase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 12:50 PM   #171
Self-righteous bullshitter
 
BoMac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Soviet Canuckistan — Socialist paradise
Posts: 16,661
Local Time: 12:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Headache in a Suitcase View Post
by middle of nowhere i mean there's no direct flight from new york. i'm sure it's perty.

i'm seriously considering the saturday montreal show... it's only a 6 hour drive... toss in a $100 hotel room now i just need to find someone who has a car
Let me know if you need recommendations. I'm staying at my parent's place, otherwise I would offer you a place to crash. You seem like a relatively normal person.
__________________

BoMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 12:56 PM   #172
Ghost of Love
 
gvox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: In The Ballroom of The Crystal Lights
Posts: 19,834
Local Time: 11:08 AM
I'm not a relatively normal person but I'm still looking for a place to crash for MTL1/2. Or maybe that's why

Headache if you come to Montreal I'm still looking to share rooming and Bmac yes recommendations please!
__________________
ACROBAT - U2 Tribute on Facebook


http://home.cogeco.ca/~october/images/sheeep.jpg

Don't push this button:
 
I'm serious, don't!

 


Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyagu_Anaykus View Post
Interference is my Earth.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gvox View Post
Consequently, Earth is an experimental disaster.
 

If you keep going, you have only your self to blame

 


Quote:
Originally Posted by The Best Interferencer On The Damn Planet View Post
Edge:
too sexy for his amp
too sexy for his cap
too sexy for that god-damned headset
I told you








gvox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 02:15 PM   #173
Blue Crack Distributor
 
Headache in a Suitcase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Stateless
Posts: 56,335
Local Time: 11:08 AM
under consideration... i will let you know. i don't have a car so i'd have to either find someone to go with or get a flight in saturday morning and out sunday... can't do friday unfortunately
__________________
Headache in a Suitcase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 02:40 PM   #174
Self-righteous bullshitter
 
BoMac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Soviet Canuckistan — Socialist paradise
Posts: 16,661
Local Time: 12:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Headache in a Suitcase View Post
under consideration... i will let you know. i don't have a car so i'd have to either find someone to go with or get a flight in saturday morning and out sunday... can't do friday unfortunately
It's not for everyone, but I really enjoy taking the bus. There's a midnight bus that leaves both cities, so you'll be able to overnight it. If you're crazy, like me, you could conceivably forego a hotel room: leave NYC midnight on Friday, spend all day in Montreal, then leave for NYC after the show. The concert should end at 11 and to get to the downtown bus station from there would take 25 minutes with the subway, give or take.

Or you can be sane and leave NYC midnight on Friday, and then leave Montreal with an early morning or afternoon bus to NYC.
__________________

BoMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 02:50 PM   #175
Blue Crack Distributor
 
Headache in a Suitcase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Stateless
Posts: 56,335
Local Time: 11:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoMac View Post
It's not for everyone, but I really enjoy taking the bus. There's a midnight bus that leaves both cities, so you'll be able to overnight it. If you're crazy, like me, you could conceivably forego a hotel room: leave NYC midnight on Friday, spend all day in Montreal, then leave for NYC after the show. The concert should end at 11 and to get to the downtown bus station from there would take 25 minutes with the subway, give or take.

Or you can be sane and leave NYC midnight on Friday, and then leave Montreal with an early morning or afternoon bus to NYC.
that's actually what i was looking at... that or flying into burlington, vermont and taking a bus from there.

wait and see... i have to justify all my expenses these days considering as i'm supposed to be saving for my wedding
__________________
Headache in a Suitcase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 04:37 PM   #176
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Jive Turkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 13,646
Local Time: 11:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gvox



Can you let me know if you find any/all of them? I don't recall seeing these at the LCBO.


The beer store by my house has a lot of them. Spadina just south of Bloor on the west side of the street. It's a really shitty looking one but they carry some interesting brands for some reason.

Also, the liquor store on yonge street a few blocks north of davenport has Blanche de Chambly (in the nice 750ml bottles) so I assume they carry a few more flavours. It's the really nice liquor store near the old train station
__________________
Jive Turkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 04:48 PM   #177
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB
 
iron yuppie's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Chicago
Posts: 9,435
Local Time: 10:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jive Turkey View Post
Yep, Steam Whistle is fantastic. It's my go-to pilsner if the bar carries it. We've also got Amsterdam brewery which is quite good too, though I prefer Steam Whistle
The tour was awesome. They must have given each of us four beers. Then there was the glass, the tour itself, and a ton of advice about what to do in Toronto. All of that for ten dollars. It was quite a deal.
__________________
iron yuppie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 01:17 PM   #178
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Jive Turkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 13,646
Local Time: 11:08 AM
We tried to do the Steam Whistle tour to kick off my friend's bachelor party day last summer, but they were booked, so we ended up doing the Amsterdam Brewery tour. Same deal. We drank about 4 different kinds of beer (super fresh), then took the tour, then drank even more. They ended up having to ask us to leave because we were drinking too much.

How did you enjoy Toronto, anyway? What did you end up doing? I'm always curious what people think of the city.
__________________
Jive Turkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 06:36 PM   #179
Ghost of Love
 
gvox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: In The Ballroom of The Crystal Lights
Posts: 19,834
Local Time: 11:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jive Turkey View Post
The beer store by my house has a lot of them. Spadina just south of Bloor on the west side of the street. It's a really shitty looking one but they carry some interesting brands for some reason.

Also, the liquor store on yonge street a few blocks north of davenport has Blanche de Chambly (in the nice 750ml bottles) so I assume they carry a few more flavours. It's the really nice liquor store near the old train station
Ha yeah just north of Davenport.. Man I haven't been there since before I was more choosy about what I drank. Have to make a return visit

__________________
ACROBAT - U2 Tribute on Facebook


http://home.cogeco.ca/~october/images/sheeep.jpg

Don't push this button:
 
I'm serious, don't!

 


Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyagu_Anaykus View Post
Interference is my Earth.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gvox View Post
Consequently, Earth is an experimental disaster.
 

If you keep going, you have only your self to blame

 


Quote:
Originally Posted by The Best Interferencer On The Damn Planet View Post
Edge:
too sexy for his amp
too sexy for his cap
too sexy for that god-damned headset
I told you








gvox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 11:45 AM   #180
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB
 
iron yuppie's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Chicago
Posts: 9,435
Local Time: 10:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jive Turkey View Post
How did you enjoy Toronto, anyway? What did you end up doing? I'm always curious what people think of the city.
I thought that the city was very charming. I was there for an academic conference, so I spent most of my time in and around the university, and I also arrived on the day of the massive snow storm that closed all the schools. On those accounts, my mobility was a bit limited, but what I did see was distinctive and inviting. I loved the architecture on the side streets and the variety of ethnic cuisine. The people were very friendly as well. I'd love to return for a more thorough visit.
__________________

__________________
iron yuppie is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:08 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com