Aussie Aussie Aussie Oi Oi Oi #7

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I remembered his website too late, and I don't have it bookmarked so... yeah.

Also wasn't sure if he was active for this election.

Has he got an updated version - my word, we need it.

It’s incredible how many different-flavoured right-wing nutter parties there are. They seem to increase two-fold every election.

Some of them have only mild differences - you’d think if they could suppress their egos and unite under one banner that may serve them better? But are they too thick for that? I suppose Bernadi was trying to do that with Conservatives.

He's got it.

I think there's one significant difference between PHON and FACNP that would prevent them ever merging, and as you said, egos are inherent in ugly far-right parties. The UK has many itself, not unlike us.

Has he got an updated version - my word, we need it.

It’s incredible how many different-flavoured right-wing nutter parties there are. They seem to increase two-fold every election.

Some of them have only mild differences - you’d think if they could suppress their egos and unite under one banner that may serve them better? But are they too thick for that? I suppose Bernadi was trying to do that with Conservatives.

So many of these newer ones are basically vanity projects. Corey Bernadi's Very Conservative Party vs Fraser Anning's Meathead Conservative Party etc etc.

He's got it.

I think there's one significant difference between PHON and FACNP that would prevent them ever merging, and as you said, egos are inherent in ugly far-right parties. The UK has many itself, not unlike us.

The link! I'll save it this time.

I think that these parties are inherently unstable, but their sheer proliferation is interesting.

The achille's heel of most of them ... and I don't understand why their political enemies don't trumpet this from the rooftops...

scratch that 'traditional values', culture war, exterior and they are all as one in lining up with the free market / deregulatory ethos of the Liberal/National coalition (and much of Labor over past decades, to be fair). They all support the very thing that undermines the way of life of their would-be voters. Wear that, fuckers. Wear it like a crown of thorns.

I think the particular difference that I've noticed in outlook/ideology is that PHON want minorities to fall into line and to remain in the margins, whilst FACNP are outraged that they even exist in Australia in the first place.

In that sense, I can understand Pauline's lack of self awareness in calling Anning a 'racist'.

I thought it might be something like that. Hanson's more petite bourgeoisie, and that's of a piece with the small business types with their curious imported US fringe theories about taxation (hello Malcolm Roberts), that she tends to attract.

Anning's just going all out for the skinhead vote.

"there's been a lot of talk about bad things," bono instructs audience. "A lot of talk, and we all know we have some bad thigns (sic) in our own lives, so let us take a moment to reflect on that, and donate some money to my international foundation, as we play this song, which is called 'Bad'..."

Damn it. Who swapped the g and the n on the teleprompter? For the last time, anything you put on that prompter, Bono WILL READ.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom