Attention art lovers in Long Beach!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

martha

Blue Crack Supplier
Orange County and all over the goddamn place
Steve and Kim will be giving a talk about their new project on Sunday afternoon!

Sorry about the short notice; I have no excuse. :) And, I won't be there; I'll be in Seattle at the opera.

Here's the information from Skywheel's Facebook page:

Skywheel Talk at Gallery 11/7
The Making of the World's First Prayer Wheel Satellite
Host:
The Skywheel Project
Type:
Education - Lecture
Network:
Global
Date:
Sunday, August 9, 2009
Time:
1:00pm - 2:00pm
Street:
117 Linden Street (between 1st and Broadway)
City/Town:
Long Beach, CA
View Map

Email:
info@skywheel.org
Description
We will be giving a talk about our current work, Skywheel Project, at Gallery 11/7 on Sunday August 9. The goal of the Skywheel Project is to build, exhibit and launch the world’s first prayer wheel satellite, a vessel containing sacred text representing every religion and spiritual tradition on Earth. The Skywheel will orbit the Earth for 1000 years, and become a symbol of respect for the diversity of the world’s spiritual explorations, as well as a tool for meditation, contemplation and prayer for everyone on Earth.

Come hear more about the Skywheel Satellite Project; its history, science, goals and dreams, and find out how you can become a part of this historic project. You can also find out more about the Parliament of the World’s Religions, the largest interfaith gathering in the world, held every 5 years in a different city to promote harmony, respect, and cooperation between the faiths. We will be representing the project at the week-long Parliament this December, in Melbourne, Australia, where 8-10,000 people are expected to attend.

You can find out more about the Skywheel Project at our website, Skywheel Satellite Project.

And about the Parliament of the World's Religions at: Melbourne 2009 | Council for a Parliament of the World's Religions.

Skywheel Project talk begins at 1pm, following Thea’s 10:30am drumming group.

Refreshments will be provided.

It'll be cool. :up:

Steve and Kim will be giving a talk about their new project on Sunday afternoon!

Sorry about the short notice; I have no excuse. :) And, I won't be there; I'll be in Seattle at the opera.

Here's the information from Skywheel's Facebook page:

It'll be cool. :up:

Looks pretty cool. As for the Seattle opera...you've heard of the world-famous Santa Fe Opera, right? :sexywink:

santafe.jpg

Back
Top Bottom