Aside from U2, do you have any expensive, kinda ridiculous interests?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My "collection" only has three so I should send them to you. Two glass Dew bottles and one Dew can from Tanzania, in Arabic.

In Arabic? that's awesome! My best friend is taking Arabic.

i have two glass bottles as well, one is recent and one is older, dunno what year

Booze would be my vice, have taken to spending around €20/€25 on a bottle of wine. :tsk:

A few years ago I was happy with a €8 bottle, at this rate in another few years I won't be happy unless it's a bottle of 1945 Chateau Latour Pauillac, with truffles ( http://www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandstyle/wordofmouth/2007/dec/01/trufflegoesforatrifling33 ). And, yeah, the high end hookers.

Occasionally go for an extravagant lunch with friends, but really that only happens around once a month or even less.

I guess music is the only hobby I have that costs me a lot of money; I buy a lot of CDs. I'm thinking seriously about buying a nice Yamaha keyboard from a friend, but he's going to give me a much cheaper price than he'd put on Craigslist or wherever he was going to sell it.

That'll be a big purchase, but it's something I've been missing from my life for far too long. :up:

800px-Folsom_2003_bondage_demo.jpg

To me this looks like a Tuesday.

My library is spreading to 5 bookcases, and I'm only 22; I blame amazon and abebooks :angry:

I am eyeballing a first edition Decent of Man right now, ah to have money :drool:

I definitely spend a lot of money on books and music too. They're like air to me. I've been known to spend money I didn't have on seasons of my favorite TV shows on DVD.

As evidenced in this blog entry, I have LOTS of Barbies! I don't tend to buy collector dolls or keep them in their boxes, they mostly are meant to come out of the box so I can arrange them, change their clothes, whatever. My boyfriend's nieces also enjoying playing when they visit. Since I'm not buying the expensive dolls, it isn't TOO pricey...the latest doll I bought was on clearance for $8...but it's still something a girl my age probably shouldn't be wasting money on. :laugh: Oh well! It's fun. :) A lot of dolls and things have been given as gifts as well, so that's nice!

I spend obscene amounts of money on vitamins and supplements, organic food and Pilates classes. I know, I'm really boring. :reject: But really healthy. :happy:

I won't tell you what I usually spend on a haircut but I am very proud of myself for getting a $45 (I consider that unbelievably cheap) haircut this week. Unfortunately, it kinda sucks. :|

I love collecting camera's (new and old) :D I saw an old Mamiya medium format camera in a local photography store the other day, so hopefully it's still there next payday :hyper:

^ that's a cool collection. I still have my argoflex seventy five that was my grampa's he gave me when I was a little kid. I :heart: just still having it.

I used to collect old alarm clocks but I had to kick the habit, it was addictive and I was spending too much. :( (I love the sound of clocks ticking)

Travelling, but that's not ridiculous. It's my most expensive interest, but every euro and cent I've put into it has been money well spent. :drool:

:up:
I like going on little trips for 1 or 2 days. That's really an expensive interest: the transport, shopping, hotel, and restaurants...:sigh:
Anyway I think it's a good way to spend your hard earned.

I've traveled all over the place this year to see Nels Cline play guitar. I've seen him play six times with Wilco, nine times with his jazz trio, and a few times with other groups. It's been worth every penny and every minute spent in transit, though. He's an amazing musician and a super nice guy.

Dude, it's ok. There's no shame in these things today.:hug: With the acid to burn those warts off, and the right medication you'll be as good as new in no time.

I just feel bad for all of those cheap prostitutes I've had my ways with over the years now.

Back
Top Bottom