Are you one of those crazy people that.... (Black Friday)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yeah, I am out there at midnight pretty much just screwing around. I only buy a handful of stuff to be honest. But I can't help how much fun it is, I don't know lol
:swoon: same here. i don't even try to do any of the big ticket items. usually i use it as an opportunity to get new sheets and pillows at macy's. i'm spoiled, i like really high thread counts, but there's no way i'm buying that stuff full price. in past years i've stopped by one of the jewelry stores at the mall (we have like six, wtf) where i always go and get something, usually like a christmas present for someone. though last year i got two pairs of diamond studs for cheap.

I've gone out on Black Friday a few times, but never before noon. After lunch, it's not really any busier than any other day between Thanksgiving and Christmas. My family isn't into expensive gifts anyway. We get each other books and shirts, that kind of thing.

Is it true that alongside the ridiculous sales on Black Friday there is also a very high shoplifting rate?
I remember a few years ago when some of my friends shoplifted they told me that Black Friday was the day to do it. :down:
I'm not a part of it but I am curious about the shoplifting. I mean, honestly, if four of my friends have said that, who knows how many individuals there are in the town alone? :|
It's mind-boggling.

Is it true that alongside the ridiculous sales on Black Friday there is also a very high shoplifting rate?
I remember a few years ago when some of my friends shoplifted they told me that Black Friday was the day to do it. :down:
I'm not a part of it but I am curious about the shoplifting. I mean, honestly, if four of my friends have said that, who knows how many individuals there are in the town alone? :|
It's mind-boggling.

Yup. I used to work at Target, and last year we had a great deal on iPod nanos on Black Friday. The lines in the store stretched from the registers all the way to the back of the store. To help move the line along works were taking the special security boxes off the iPods to save time for the cashiers. We had 60 iPods stolen that day because of it.:|

I had to work Black Friday last year and I will have to work it again this year. It is pretty crazy at my store till about 10 and then it just calms down almost to an average weekend day. I would assume we are shoplifted pretty heavily on Black Friday. We are shoplifted a lot on an average day so I would think all the craziness of Black Friday would increase those numbers by a large amount.

I've gone out on Black Friday a few times, but never before noon. After lunch, it's not really any busier than any other day between Thanksgiving and Christmas. My family isn't into expensive gifts anyway. We get each other books and shirts, that kind of thing.

But isn't the key to black friday that gifts ARE cheap :wink:

But isn't the key to black friday that gifts ARE cheap :wink:

Well, $200 for something that might normally be $400 is still $175 more than my family spends. Plus I usually have specific things in mind, generally things that are on sale at various times regardless of Black Friday (sis might want a shirt in a certain color, bro might want a specific DVD...).

Well, $200 for something that might normally be $400 is still $175 more than my family spends. Plus I usually have specific things in mind, generally things that are on sale at various times regardless of Black Friday (sis might want a shirt in a certain color, bro might want a specific DVD...).

Yeah, I was just kidding Lies.

I think the main thing I hit up is the $2 DVDs at Wal-mart. I definitely took care of everything my little brother wanted that way, and I only spent like $10 on him.

From the looks of it, the deals for this year are piss poor. I think Walmart is the only store whose ads remain unknown while Best Buy, Circuit City, etc have nothing special to offer at all.

I think the main thing I hit up is the $2 DVDs at Wal-mart. I definitely took care of everything my little brother wanted that way, and I only spent like $10 on him.

See what I would do rather than freeze my ass off, is pay someone like you a little commission for getting me my list of DVDs! But everyone I know hates shopping, even on a slow day...

See what I would do rather than freeze my ass off, is pay someone like you a little commission for getting me my list of DVDs! But everyone I know hates shopping, even on a slow day...

Oh man, that would be the greatest job ever :lol:

:ohmy:Ahh...I'm the Bell ringer out front!! LOL..hey, when you are laid off, you Will take anything! :up:My friend works at Macy's and has to be there at 4:30am! UGH! Me? Not until 10am! No way.......not even the After Christmas sales are worth it!:huh:

The store I work at opens at 4 am. I have the 7-4 shift.....I think I will miss seeing all the people frantically run in when the doors open :sigh: (I am a sick puppy).
If I didn't work in retail, there is no way I would venture out at all that day.

The next day I have the 5 a.m.-1 p.m. shift :happy:

No way! I used to work at the mall and had to be there at 4 a.m. on Black Friday. To make up for it, I now work at the Philadelphia International Airport and have to work the Sunday after Thanksgiving. The busiest travelling holiday of the year.

What Are Your Black Friday Plans?

Do you plan your Black Friday with the precision of a military unit?

Do you and your family fan out across Wal-Mart in color-coordinated sweats, walkie talkies in hand, to find the best deals on the day after Thanksgiving? Is Black Friday - the opening of the holiday shopping season - an annual event at your house that requires scouring ads, planning ahead and coordination?
2057792057_f9e715f208.jpg

madnessblackfriday.jpg

This is A List for the best Black friday i stole from my friend. :D

Hehe...

What are your Black Friday plans?

I recall one time going out and that was the last and only time I ever ventured out on Black Friday (aside from when I worked in the mall and had to be there at 4am). I went out with one of my sisters and her husband. We probably went to some of the worst of the bunch...Wal-Mart and Toys R Us, along with some other stores. omg....people were vicious, parking was crazy. some people resorted to parking on an angle on snowbanks, other people stealing each others spots. Inside the store, pushing, shoving, swearing, snatching items out of your hands. Civilized people don't seem to exist on this day. By the time I got out of those stores, I was drenched in sweat and on the verge of punching someone myself. no deals are worth it to me. Ever since then, I've made it a point of getting my shopping done before Thanksgiving. that's how much I don't like crowds. When I can, I just shop online :drool:

Last year I worked Black Friday and was at the store at 11 pm Thanksgiving night for a midnite open. The lines went as far as I could see and we had a monitor who let people in so we didn't exceed fire code. The first break in the crowd was around 10 am and all this was for a coupon for an additional 10% off. No big sales, no huge deals, just an additional 10%.

This year I'm sleeping late and staying in bed.

Ok, the are these morons at the Best Buy in Riverside, wiating since ...get this Sunday.

They have been interviewed by tv and radio and when asked what are they waiting to get when they open the doors, they replied; "We don't event know what the specials will be".

Best Buy has there specials online - at least there was a link in the email they sent me. But I have no money and I could not care less about shopping tomorrow :sigh:

I'm thinking of going to Old Navy at 5am. Do you think it will be that busy? It's a smaller, less travelled mall. I like the idea of going back to bed for a few more hours, waking up again, and having all my Christmas shopping done. I only need 5 gifts (parents, sister, brother, and brother's gf) and I need a red scarf so I can dress Christmas at a dog show next month.

No way will I be going out that day. I have 3/4 of my shopping done anyway. I feel sorry for those who have to work. My first job was in retail, many moons ago, and back then, it was not as crazy as it is today.

I'm thinking of going to Old Navy at 5am. Do you think it will be that busy? It's a smaller, less travelled mall. I like the idea of going back to bed for a few more hours, waking up again, and having all my Christmas shopping done. I only need 5 gifts (parents, sister, brother, and brother's gf) and I need a red scarf so I can dress Christmas at a dog show next month.

You could stop by the Old Navy today to scout it out to see if there's anything worth shopping for tomorrow :hmm:

10 plus hour day yesterday and a 12 plus hour day today :yawn:
We flipped the Doorbuster signs tonight at around 8 to make sure they were up and set and customers thought they died and went to heaven. Ever try signing the rest of a dept with people hot on your heels? Not fun :|
Good for business, but not so good on the sanity front.

My son has $4,000 he just busted out of his cd so he is going shopping on black friday with the crazy crowds to buy some things he badly needs for his new house and for his son. I wish I could help him more, but I am satisfied knowing that if he can brave the crowds, he can find some really great deals.

I also found out there's Black Friday shopping on Amazon.com

Back
Top Bottom