Are you one of those crazy people that.... (Black Friday) - Page 3 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 11-15-2008, 07:07 PM   #31
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator
 
KhanadaRhodes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: a vampire in the limousine
Posts: 60,609
Local Time: 09:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bono_212 View Post
Yeah, I am out there at midnight pretty much just screwing around. I only buy a handful of stuff to be honest. But I can't help how much fun it is, I don't know lol
:swoon: same here. i don't even try to do any of the big ticket items. usually i use it as an opportunity to get new sheets and pillows at macy's. i'm spoiled, i like really high thread counts, but there's no way i'm buying that stuff full price. in past years i've stopped by one of the jewelry stores at the mall (we have like six, wtf) where i always go and get something, usually like a christmas present for someone. though last year i got two pairs of diamond studs for cheap.
__________________

__________________
KhanadaRhodes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 07:15 PM   #32
Blue Crack Addict
 
RedRocksU2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Murrieta, CA.
Posts: 26,437
Local Time: 08:49 PM
^ crazy
__________________

__________________
RedRocksU2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 08:33 PM   #33
Blue Crack Addict
 
Liesje's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: In the dog house
Posts: 19,557
Local Time: 10:49 PM
I've gone out on Black Friday a few times, but never before noon. After lunch, it's not really any busier than any other day between Thanksgiving and Christmas. My family isn't into expensive gifts anyway. We get each other books and shirts, that kind of thing.
__________________
Liesje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 09:04 PM   #34
New Yorker
 
youtooellen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 2,580
Local Time: 10:49 PM
Is it true that alongside the ridiculous sales on Black Friday there is also a very high shoplifting rate?
I remember a few years ago when some of my friends shoplifted they told me that Black Friday was the day to do it.
I'm not a part of it but I am curious about the shoplifting. I mean, honestly, if four of my friends have said that, who knows how many individuals there are in the town alone?
It's mind-boggling.
__________________
youtooellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 09:07 PM   #35
ONE
love, blood, life
 
U2isthebest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Vision over visibility....
Posts: 12,332
Local Time: 11:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by youtooellen View Post
Is it true that alongside the ridiculous sales on Black Friday there is also a very high shoplifting rate?
I remember a few years ago when some of my friends shoplifted they told me that Black Friday was the day to do it.
I'm not a part of it but I am curious about the shoplifting. I mean, honestly, if four of my friends have said that, who knows how many individuals there are in the town alone?
It's mind-boggling.
Yup. I used to work at Target, and last year we had a great deal on iPod nanos on Black Friday. The lines in the store stretched from the registers all the way to the back of the store. To help move the line along works were taking the special security boxes off the iPods to save time for the cashiers. We had 60 iPods stolen that day because of it.
__________________
U2isthebest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 04:16 PM   #36
The Fly
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Detroitish
Posts: 35
Local Time: 11:49 PM
I had to work Black Friday last year and I will have to work it again this year. It is pretty crazy at my store till about 10 and then it just calms down almost to an average weekend day. I would assume we are shoplifted pretty heavily on Black Friday. We are shoplifted a lot on an average day so I would think all the craziness of Black Friday would increase those numbers by a large amount.
__________________
EdgeFan613 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 06:47 PM   #37
Blue Crack Distributor
 
bono_212's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 81,105
Local Time: 07:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liesje View Post
I've gone out on Black Friday a few times, but never before noon. After lunch, it's not really any busier than any other day between Thanksgiving and Christmas. My family isn't into expensive gifts anyway. We get each other books and shirts, that kind of thing.
But isn't the key to black friday that gifts ARE cheap
__________________
bono_212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 07:17 PM   #38
Blue Crack Addict
 
Liesje's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: In the dog house
Posts: 19,557
Local Time: 10:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bono_212 View Post
But isn't the key to black friday that gifts ARE cheap
Well, $200 for something that might normally be $400 is still $175 more than my family spends. Plus I usually have specific things in mind, generally things that are on sale at various times regardless of Black Friday (sis might want a shirt in a certain color, bro might want a specific DVD...).
__________________
Liesje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 07:19 PM   #39
Blue Crack Distributor
 
bono_212's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 81,105
Local Time: 07:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liesje View Post
Well, $200 for something that might normally be $400 is still $175 more than my family spends. Plus I usually have specific things in mind, generally things that are on sale at various times regardless of Black Friday (sis might want a shirt in a certain color, bro might want a specific DVD...).
Yeah, I was just kidding Lies.

I think the main thing I hit up is the $2 DVDs at Wal-mart. I definitely took care of everything my little brother wanted that way, and I only spent like $10 on him.
__________________
bono_212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 07:50 PM   #40
Rock n' Roll Doggie
 
randhail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Outside Providence
Posts: 3,557
Local Time: 10:49 PM
From the looks of it, the deals for this year are piss poor. I think Walmart is the only store whose ads remain unknown while Best Buy, Circuit City, etc have nothing special to offer at all.
__________________
randhail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 10:40 PM   #41
Blue Crack Addict
 
Liesje's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: In the dog house
Posts: 19,557
Local Time: 10:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bono_212 View Post

I think the main thing I hit up is the $2 DVDs at Wal-mart. I definitely took care of everything my little brother wanted that way, and I only spent like $10 on him.
See what I would do rather than freeze my ass off, is pay someone like you a little commission for getting me my list of DVDs! But everyone I know hates shopping, even on a slow day...
__________________
Liesje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 11:47 PM   #42
Blue Crack Addict
 
U2MaNaIcWeIdO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Having fun with the changing weather in Illinois...and wanting to meet Bono again. Please...for christ sakes call me Weldy!!!!
Posts: 29,231
Local Time: 10:49 PM
I'm not a big fan of crowds...so I never venture near a store on Black Friday.

Plus I have an excuse not to shop on Black Friday this year....I'm attending a wedding reception
__________________
U2MaNaIcWeIdO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 12:13 AM   #43
Blue Crack Distributor
 
bono_212's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 81,105
Local Time: 07:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liesje View Post
See what I would do rather than freeze my ass off, is pay someone like you a little commission for getting me my list of DVDs! But everyone I know hates shopping, even on a slow day...
Oh man, that would be the greatest job ever
__________________
bono_212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 08:37 PM   #44
Refugee
 
forbonou2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Richmond, Kentucky
Posts: 1,846
Local Time: 03:49 AM
Ahh...I'm the Bell ringer out front!! LOL..hey, when you are laid off, you Will take anything! My friend works at Macy's and has to be there at 4:30am! UGH! Me? Not until 10am! No way.......not even the After Christmas sales are worth it!
__________________
forbonou2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 10:26 PM   #45
ONE
love, blood, life
 
shari schultz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Sconnie
Posts: 11,102
Local Time: 10:49 PM
The store I work at opens at 4 am. I have the 7-4 shift.....I think I will miss seeing all the people frantically run in when the doors open (I am a sick puppy).
If I didn't work in retail, there is no way I would venture out at all that day.

The next day I have the 5 a.m.-1 p.m. shift
__________________

__________________
shari schultz is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:49 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com