Are you one of those crazy people that.... (Black Friday) - Page 3 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand
Click Here to Login

Old 11-15-2008, 07:07 PM   #31
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Local Time: 09:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bono_212 View Post
Yeah, I am out there at midnight pretty much just screwing around. I only buy a handful of stuff to be honest. But I can't help how much fun it is, I don't know lol
:swoon: same here. i don't even try to do any of the big ticket items. usually i use it as an opportunity to get new sheets and pillows at macy's. i'm spoiled, i like really high thread counts, but there's no way i'm buying that stuff full price. in past years i've stopped by one of the jewelry stores at the mall (we have like six, wtf) where i always go and get something, usually like a christmas present for someone. though last year i got two pairs of diamond studs for cheap.

Old 11-15-2008, 07:15 PM   #32
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 08:49 PM
^ crazy

Old 11-15-2008, 08:33 PM   #33
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 10:49 PM
I've gone out on Black Friday a few times, but never before noon. After lunch, it's not really any busier than any other day between Thanksgiving and Christmas. My family isn't into expensive gifts anyway. We get each other books and shirts, that kind of thing.
Old 11-15-2008, 09:04 PM   #34
New Yorker

Is it true that alongside the ridiculous sales on Black Friday there is also a very high shoplifting rate?
I remember a few years ago when some of my friends shoplifted they told me that Black Friday was the day to do it.
I'm not a part of it but I am curious about the shoplifting. I mean, honestly, if four of my friends have said that, who knows how many individuals there are in the town alone?
It's mind-boggling.
Old 11-15-2008, 09:07 PM   #35
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 11:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by youtooellen View Post
Is it true that alongside the ridiculous sales on Black Friday there is also a very high shoplifting rate?
I remember a few years ago when some of my friends shoplifted they told me that Black Friday was the day to do it.
I'm not a part of it but I am curious about the shoplifting. I mean, honestly, if four of my friends have said that, who knows how many individuals there are in the town alone?
It's mind-boggling.
Yup. I used to work at Target, and last year we had a great deal on iPod nanos on Black Friday. The lines in the store stretched from the registers all the way to the back of the store. To help move the line along works were taking the special security boxes off the iPods to save time for the cashiers. We had 60 iPods stolen that day because of it.
Old 11-16-2008, 04:16 PM   #36
The Fly

Local Time: 11:49 PM
I had to work Black Friday last year and I will have to work it again this year. It is pretty crazy at my store till about 10 and then it just calms down almost to an average weekend day. I would assume we are shoplifted pretty heavily on Black Friday. We are shoplifted a lot on an average day so I would think all the craziness of Black Friday would increase those numbers by a large amount.
Old 11-16-2008, 06:47 PM   #37
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 07:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liesje View Post
I've gone out on Black Friday a few times, but never before noon. After lunch, it's not really any busier than any other day between Thanksgiving and Christmas. My family isn't into expensive gifts anyway. We get each other books and shirts, that kind of thing.
But isn't the key to black friday that gifts ARE cheap
Old 11-16-2008, 07:17 PM   #38
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
But isn't the key to black friday that gifts ARE cheap
Well, $200 for something that might normally be $400 is still $175 more than my family spends. Plus I usually have specific things in mind, generally things that are on sale at various times regardless of Black Friday (sis might want a shirt in a certain color, bro might want a specific DVD...).
Old 11-16-2008, 07:19 PM   #39
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Well, $200 for something that might normally be $400 is still $175 more than my family spends. Plus I usually have specific things in mind, generally things that are on sale at various times regardless of Black Friday (sis might want a shirt in a certain color, bro might want a specific DVD...).
Yeah, I was just kidding Lies.

I think the main thing I hit up is the $2 DVDs at Wal-mart. I definitely took care of everything my little brother wanted that way, and I only spent like $10 on him.
Old 11-16-2008, 07:50 PM   #40
Rock n' Roll Doggie

From the looks of it, the deals for this year are piss poor. I think Walmart is the only store whose ads remain unknown while Best Buy, Circuit City, etc have nothing special to offer at all.
Old 11-16-2008, 10:40 PM   #41
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:

I think the main thing I hit up is the $2 DVDs at Wal-mart. I definitely took care of everything my little brother wanted that way, and I only spent like $10 on him.
See what I would do rather than freeze my ass off, is pay someone like you a little commission for getting me my list of DVDs! But everyone I know hates shopping, even on a slow day...
Old 11-16-2008, 11:47 PM   #42
Blue Crack Addict

Location: Having fun with the changing weather in Illinois...and wanting to meet Bono again. Please...for christ sakes call me Weldy!!!!
I'm not a big fan of crowds...so I never venture near a store on Black Friday.

Plus I have an excuse not to shop on Black Friday this year....I'm attending a wedding reception
Old 11-17-2008, 12:13 AM   #43
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
See what I would do rather than freeze my ass off, is pay someone like you a little commission for getting me my list of DVDs! But everyone I know hates shopping, even on a slow day...
Oh man, that would be the greatest job ever
Old 11-18-2008, 08:37 PM   #44
Refugee

Local Time: 03:49 AM
Ahh...I'm the Bell ringer out front!! LOL..hey, when you are laid off, you Will take anything! My friend works at Macy's and has to be there at 4:30am! UGH! Me? Not until 10am! No way.......not even the After Christmas sales are worth it!
Old 11-18-2008, 10:26 PM   #45
ONE
love, blood, life

The store I work at opens at 4 am. I have the 7-4 shift.....I think I will miss seeing all the people frantically run in when the doors open (I am a sick puppy).
If I didn't work in retail, there is no way I would venture out at all that day.

The next day I have the 5 a.m.-1 p.m. shift