Old 02-05-2010, 04:19 PM   #1
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 02:25 PM
Are You A Nerd, Geek or Dork?

I just took the test and its pretty accurate:

65 % Nerd, 35% Geek, 48% Dork
Pure Nerd

A Nerd is someone who is passionate about learning/being smart/academia.
A Geek is someone who is passionate about some particular area or subject, often an obscure or difficult one.
A Dork is someone who has difficulty with common social expectations/interactions

I see myself as a history nerd. I want to consume and learn everything about it.

OkCupid.com: Take The Nerd? Geek? or Dork? Test

Old 02-05-2010, 04:34 PM   #2
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 10:25 AM
Modern, Cool Nerd

61 % Nerd, 61% Geek, 26% Dork
For The Record:

A Geek is someone who is passionate about some particular area or subject, often an obscure or difficult one.
A Dork is someone who has difficulty with common social expectations/interactions.
You scored better than half in Nerd and Geek, earning you the title of: Modern, Cool Nerd.

Nerds didn't use to be cool, but in the 90's that all changed. It used to be that, if you were a computer expert, you had to wear plaid or a pocket protector or suspenders or something that announced to the world that you couldn't quite fit in. Not anymore. Now, the intelligent and geeky have eked out for themselves a modicum of respect at the very least, and "geek is chic." The Modern, Cool Nerd is intelligent, knowledgable and always the person to call in a crisis (needing computer advice/an arcane bit of trivia knowledge). They are the one you want as your lifeline in Who Wants to Be a Millionaire (or the one up there, winning the million bucks)!

Congratulations!

Old 02-05-2010, 04:59 PM   #3
Blue Crack Overdose
Get me off the internetz!

Joe Normal

30 % Nerd, 39% Geek, 48% Dork
For The Record:

A Dork is someone who has difficulty with common social expectations/interactions.
You scored less than half in all three, earning you the title of: Joe Normal.

This is not to say that you don't have some Nerd, Geek or Dork inside of you--we all do, and you can see the percentages you have right above. This is just to say that none of those qualities stand out so much as to define you. Sure, you enjoy an episode of Star Trek now and again, and yeah, you kinda enjoyed a few classes back in the day. And, once in a while, you stumble while walking down the street even though there was nothing there to cause you to trip. But, for the most part, you look and act fairly typically, and aren't much of an outcast.

I'd say there's a fair chance someone asked you to take this test. In any event, fairly normal.
Old 02-05-2010, 05:04 PM   #4
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 07:25 PM
I'm a dork
Old 02-05-2010, 09:04 PM   #5
Cin
Blue Crack Addict

Location: in the gutter, looking at the stars. . .and smiling
Local Time: 04:25 AM
Computer Savant
43 % Nerd, 61% Geek, 65% Dork

I'm a total computer spaz!!
Old 02-06-2010, 01:47 AM   #6
Refugee

Local Time: 01:25 PM
Pure Dork

26 % Nerd, 35% Geek, 70% Dork
Old 02-06-2010, 02:03 AM   #7
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Local Time: 12:25 PM
Modern, Cool Nerd
83% Nerd, 65% Geek, 39% Dork
For The Record:

You scored better than half in Nerd and Geek, earning you the title of: Modern, Cool Nerd.

Nerds didn't use to be cool, but in the 90's that all changed. It used to be that, if you were a computer expert, you had to wear plaid or a pocket protector or suspenders or something that announced to the world that you couldn't quite fit in. Not anymore. Now, the intelligent and geeky have eked out for themselves a modicum of respect at the very least, and "geek is chic." The Modern, Cool Nerd is intelligent, knowledgable and always the person to call in a crisis (needing computer advice/an arcane bit of trivia knowledge). They are the one you want as your lifeline in Who Wants to Be a Millionaire (or the one up there, winning the million bucks)!
Old 02-06-2010, 02:28 AM   #8
Blue Crack Distributor

Modern, Cool Nerd

61 % Nerd, 61% Geek, 39% Dork
Old 02-06-2010, 05:55 AM   #9
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Im suprised BAW didnt already post this about me, but I am full GEEK, Star Wars geek I own about 9 Lightsabers and like every Star Wars toy pretty much
Old 02-06-2010, 09:51 AM   #10
Galeonbroad

Local Time: 07:25 PM
Quote:
Throughout this test, have you been trying to figure out which each question is testing for in terms of nerd/geek/dork, etc? Have you been trying to figure the test out?
Guilty!

Quote:
Pure Nerd
57 % Nerd, 30% Geek, 30% Dork

For The Record:

You scored better than half in Nerd, earning you the title of: Pure Nerd.

The times, they are a-changing. It used to be that being exceptionally smart led to being unpopular, which would ultimately lead to picking up all of the traits and tendences associated with the "dork." No-longer. Being smart isn't as socially crippling as it once was, and even more so as you get older: eventually being a Pure Nerd will likely be replaced with the following label: Purely Successful.
Pretty strange, I'm quite sure I'm a geek. I've little interest in uni for now but if I'm interested in something I'll be passionate about it. Gaming for example..I mean, I've MarioKart plushies and am a Pokemon avatar ffs!
Don't worry baby, it's gonna be all right. Uncertainty can be a guiding light...
Galeongirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 10:40 AM   #11
Blue Crack Distributor

Joe Normal

0 % Nerd, 9% Geek, 9% Dork

For The Record:

This is not to say that you don't have some Nerd, Geek or Dork inside of you--we all do, and you can see the percentages you have right above. This is just to say that none of those qualities stand out so much as to define you. Sure, you enjoy an episode of Star Trek now and again, and yeah, you kinda enjoyed a few classes back in the day. And, once in a while, you stumble while walking down the street even though there was nothing there to cause you to trip. But, for the most part, you look and act fairly typically, and aren't much of an outcast.
Old 02-06-2010, 03:22 PM   #12
Halloweenhead
Forum Moderator

Joe Normal

39 % Nerd, 26% Geek, 22% Dork

For The Record:

Bonochick [at] interference.com
Bonochick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 06:57 PM   #13
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 01:25 PM
Joe Normal

39 % Nerd, 39% Geek, 30% Dork

Balanced as always... Although it does say I am geekier than 56% of my peers so I guess I would skew that way.
Old 02-06-2010, 07:24 PM   #14
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 03:55 AM
Outcast Genius
61 % Nerd, 57% Geek, 52% Dork

Outcast geniuses usually are bright enough to understand what society wants of them, and they just don't care! They are highly intelligent and passionate about the things they know are *truly* important in the world. Typically, this does not include sports, cars or make-up, but it can on occassion (and if it does then they know more than all of their friends combined in that subject).

Outcast geniuses can be very lonely, due to their being outcast from most normal groups and too smart for the room among many other types of dorks and geeks, but they can also be the types to eventually rule the world, ala Bill Gates, the prototypical Outcast Genius.

Old 02-06-2010, 08:12 PM   #15
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In Larry Land...Mr. Mullen has dragged me over to the dark side. Who knew this place was made of hardwood floors :P
Joe Normal

30 % Nerd, 39% Geek, 17% Dork

For The Record:

I'd say there's a fair chance someone asked you to take this test. In any event, fairly normal.

Congratulations!