Anyone used dating apps?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cobl04

45:33
Hello all, another effort here to try and make Lemonade Stand a bit more lively/interesting.

I recently downloaded Tinder, which has been a lot of fun. Anyone else used dating apps? Grindr, Skout, any others? And if so, care to share your experiences? Have you met someone from a dating app? Did it work out? Were they the creepiest person you've ever met?

And while we're on the subject, what do you make of the fact that now you can actually hook up with people, or try to anyway, from a few taps on your smartphone? Is this technology at its most savvy? Or is taking away from the dating experience?

I tried a little bit, but this was years ago. Never did find a single viable candidate. Everyone was a bit creepy, and lots of guys just wanting to cyber.

Funny that I still ended up meeting someone online anyways.

Just go to Bridie's Chapel on a Saturday night. Hit the dance floor from 11pm. Clunge everywhere!

dating app? Aren't these all fuck friend apps?

Dating websites can be viable options, I think that's true. However, obviously it depends on if you're using the for pay options. I suspect those are the ones where you are far more likely to find people out there who are serious about finding a relationship.

I was specifically referring to the ones cobbo mentioned. Tinder and Grindr, mostly

Well yeah, they are. But it's a bit of fun. A lot of creeps though, definitely... I've had to block a couple of girls. And yes, the websites where you have to pay are the ones where you will find proper relationships, I've got a friend who's done it that way.

Just go to Bridie's Chapel on a Saturday night. Hit the dance floor from 11pm. Clunge everywhere!

Haha, Revs is the only club for me mate.

I'm not sure what a mug is to an Aussie, so I'm choosing to take it as a compliment.

3. Mug
1.British slang for a fool or someone who will do anything for you if you just ask such open the door, run the shop for you etc.

2.slang for a face which doesn't really appeal to you, someone ugly

3.mug is another word for cup

4.American(some areas) & Mexican slang for mother fucker originating from the term "muv" and eventually becoming "mug"

5.trying to stare someone out (slang not very common in England)

6.mugging someone is also slang for robbing them in the street

One of my homosexual friends has Grindrr and he has had some sort of success out of it. He's always meeting people off there. Once we were out for a drinkand one "hot guy" replied to his message and he was eagerly off to meet him at a bar around the corner from where we were. Felt stood up, but Grindrr certainly does work for sex.

Paradoxically, the horniest heterosexual guy I know has them all (Blendrr, Oasis, RSVP, Plenty Of Fish) and in the space of about 5 years he has had about 17 hook ups. Some were wildebeests in their late 30s who flew down from as far away as Sydney for some sexy times with him, but one or two were ok. For every girl he hooks up with, it seems he'll be rejected by about 287 more.

In all seriousness though, my old boss met her husband on a dating site and they've been together for over 5 years now.

For every girl he hooks up with, it seems he'll be rejected by about 287 more.

I don't use dating hookup apps, but word is that that's the way it is. Seems like for finding casual sex online the ratios are more like sperms:eggs as found in nature than men:women, ie there are many, many more men than women "seeking".

And yeah, there really should be a differentiation of terms for "relationship" sites vs hookup ones. Ones that require a life history and doctor's note vs ones that require a valid email or phone number!

He'd have better luck just being out every weekend in the real world (or maybe he wouldn't, but anyhoo..)

Yeah, I have a young friend who doesn't really use the internet at all and I have to say it gives him a pretty big advantage over other men his age. He knows how to hit a girl up in person! who knew that could work?

in the space of about 5 years he has had about 17 hook ups.

that is one lazy fuck

This is a pretty shitty 'success' rate for the number of services he's on. He'd have better luck just being out every weekend in the real world (or maybe he wouldn't, but anyhoo..)

there is something to be said for getting some real life experience

there is something to be said for getting some real life experience
Back in my day, engaging someone (at a bar or what not) and being rejected never harmed my self-esteem. If anything, it improved my confidence and skills and I was satisfied that I gave it a crack. I always felt worse when i never made an effort or didn't capitalise or explore opportunities that may have presented themselves.

Sure enough, my girlfriend I've been with for two years was someone I approached in a pub.

Back
Top Bottom