Anyone used dating apps?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm always surprised when very young (all is relative, to me this means under 24) people head online for dating. To me, at that age, you typically have school or you're still actively going out on the weekend and meeting a lot of new people. Then again maybe they're doing it just for hook ups.

I'm always surprised when very young (all is relative, to me this means under 24) people head online for dating. To me, at that age, you typically have school or you're still actively going out on the weekend and meeting a lot of new people. Then again maybe they're doing it just for hook ups.

Everything else in their lives is contained in some form of online social media, so why would this be surprising? If anything, it would be surprising if it wasn't.

Moving to a new city without a social circle, I used OKCupid. Met a super cool girl from there and we've been dating for close to a month. Obviously there was an awkwardness to initiating contact to someone online, but I don't see how it's too far off from posting on a message board regularly.

I don't get why there's a stigma about it, myself. The way I see it you still meet for the first time face-to-face, it's just that the contact was initiated online. No big deal.

Back
Top Bottom