Anyone else into Fantasy Art?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mad1

ONE love, blood, life
Angie Jolie lover from Belfast Norn Ireland. I LO
And, do you have a favourite Artist? So many out there!

Mine is Luis Royo.

I absolutely love the futuristic look of them with the image of strong sexy powerful, or angelic type women. They rock!
I have two posters, cannot get many where I am thou.

:wink:
:up:

You?

You’re asking for trouble crazy girl, the usual suspects are going to have a field day with this one...

As for me I am a huge fan of Fantasy/Science Fiction but I'm not to really versed on the artists...

If you were such a big Sci-Fi fan then you'd have loved Gene Wolfe instead of not loving him.

I'm starting to talk about Wolfe a little too much on this board. I'm becoming NSWfeld or something.

Nothing like Fire & Ice. Fuck, I'd like the next book to come out already.

hell yeah! dude is taking forever, I'm pretty sure it's finished and ready to go as well, he apparently broke his last book into two parts: A Feast Of Crows and A Dance With Dragons so I don't see what's taking him so long to release the second one...

I was a big fan of Michael Whelan, who did artwork for Heinlein and Asimov, among others, in the 80's and 90's.

michael_whelan113.jpg

whelan_-_sentinels.jpg

Afternoon-Shadows.jpg

GiskardRobotsofDawn.jpg

2WhelanMichaelTheIntegralTrees-vi.jpg

MichaelWhelanLastLookBack.jpg

whelan_-_shontos_garden.jpg

michael_whelan014.jpg

I usually prefer SF to Fanatasy reading, but I love LOTR/ Darkover (which mixes SF & F/ Diane Duane's - Wizards books (so you want to be a wizard may be the title of one- been along time and i think I lost her books :( )
And I can enjoy Some fantasy painting & drawing quite alot!

not a fan of Whelan anymore, laz?

I still am.

I also love G Danato.
GA I think you'd like his painting of an Angel-women with sword and city-castle in the backbround.

It's not that I'm no longer a fan, I just don't read any current sci-fi or fantasy, with the exception of William Gibson & Tim Powers. So I don't see his artwork anymore.

I think some of the fantasy art is quite remarkable and pretty to look at, but I don't like all those dark fantasy artsies :no: Can't really think up a name right now of an artist who I do like, but some of the art posted on the last page was good :)

hell yeah! dude is taking forever, I'm pretty sure it's finished and ready to go as well, he apparently broke his last book into two parts: A Feast Of Crows and A Dance With Dragons so I don't see what's taking him so long to release the second one...

I don't care how long it takes, really. I just want it to be as good as the previous ones. It's my favorite series so far. I hope HBO goes forward with the series, I think it could be good if given a chance.

I don't care how long it takes, really. I just want it to be as good as the previous ones. It's my favorite series so far. I hope HBO goes forward with the series, I think it could be good if given a chance.

Dude, I fucking forgot all about the HBO thing. Yeah, I hope they still go ahead with it, do not see why they would not.

And, at the end of the day, yes, I want it to live up to the standards of the previous books.....

HBO rarely jacks something up. Even when they're less than stellar, like with the John Adams mini-series, it's still at least decent. Sure, they're no CBC, of course, but still.

I'd love a Canadian version of this. lol. "Oh eh, I uh, cut off your son's head and put a wolf head in it's place, eh?"

"A wolf's head ya say?"

"Ya, you know, you being all into the wolf theme with your family crest and all. Thought it'd be nice."

"Well I gotta say, not too crazy about the decapitation bit there, but the recapitation with the wolf's head, that sure was nice of ya, eh."

"Ya, well, you know, figure it was the least I could do....."

"Appreciate that."

"Oh sure. No problem. Have a good one."

"Ya, you too there....enjoy!"

Back
Top Bottom