Any runners in here??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
How many times a week do youz guyz run? 3? 4? Every day?

I used to go 5 or 6 days a week, and had a really bad back injury from over stressing my body. I feel super lazy skipping days now, even though I know I'll avoid injuries. What do you guys do in the off days, if you have any?

as the days have gotten longer I've felt more motivated, so now I'm about 3-4 days a week. without any kind of a race to motivate myself that's probably my peak. Racing wise I feel kind of stuck between 5K/10Ks, which I could probably do but never quite felt comfortable at, and shorter middle distances on a track which would be great, if I had a track I could get to easily.

right now the end benefit is so I feel like a boss at pickup soccer games and never need a substitute.

Running

So I'm not sure of this is the right thread. But I decided to run with a friend of mine who ran 2mi before I finished my one.. I ran it in13:00:reject:. So now my newest thing is improving my running skills..Anyone have any suggestions??

that's kind of an open ended question, but one big point: ramping up your time and mileage run very slowly is a good thing to make sure you don't get injured and discouraged. A lot of people can start off and instantly get injured because they were excited and tried to do too much, too fast.

I found this thing where it's running three times a week you run a mile one day two miles the next the three miles aka a 5k. I think it's a pretty good plan to stick with.

I wouldn't be running only three times a week at the same time as changing your distance that quickly. You wont be very comfortable running those 5K runs.

You're better off working with just a mile for about two weeks to trim it down to around 9 minutes before you move on to two miles. Running should be comfortable once you catch your rhythm!

All last summer I was running 3 miles, about 4-5 times a week. Towards the end of the summer, I started feeling a faint pain in my right heel, but nothing too concerning. I took the winter off from running for a variety of reasons, but now this spring when I started running again, that heel pain became unbearable. I've self-diagnosed plantar fasciitis (I'm avoiding going to a doctor for it, again for a variety of reasons). Any advice? I have heel inserts and a splint to wear at night, which helps, but it seems like after I sit for a while at work, when I stand up again I limp. I really miss running!

All last summer I was running 3 miles, about 4-5 times a week. Towards the end of the summer, I started feeling a faint pain in my right heel, but nothing too concerning. I took the winter off from running for a variety of reasons, but now this spring when I started running again, that heel pain became unbearable. I've self-diagnosed plantar fasciitis (I'm avoiding going to a doctor for it, again for a variety of reasons). Any advice? I have heel inserts and a splint to wear at night, which helps, but it seems like after I sit for a while at work, when I stand up again I limp. I really miss running!

I may be able to help a bit. I had a persistent issue with plantar fasciitis last year which never quite cleared up; but eventually I got the advice to nail together a wooden flat incline board to stand on as a calf stretch. I had done the inserts and the night splint as well, and it was the incline board that fixed it within two weeks of when I started. Even those calf stretches where you bring the heel close to the wall and then stand on it weren't as effective as the flat incline surface.

Even today I still occasionally get some pain in the arches, and standing on the board for 30 seconds at a time really clears it up.

There is an Aussie Rules footballer named Robert Harvey, and he had that. Because it is very painful and nigh on impossible to fully get over, he resulted to jumping off a table in his house and landing on it, trying to snap it, so he'd have a better shot at recovery. Tough as.

Back
Top Bottom