Any Comic Book Fans Here ??? - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand
Click Here to Login

Old 09-05-2008, 01:33 AM   #16
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 08:50 PM
This is how I roll:

Also Green Arrow and JLA once in a while. Currently trying to follow the Final Crisis storyline.

I tend to prefer non-powered superheroes, if you get my drift.

Old 09-05-2008, 02:05 AM   #17
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 10:50 AM
Batman's thighs scare me.

I'm not much of a superhero person. (I wouldn't know where to start!) I like Sandman, Preacher, Lucifer, etc..

Old 09-05-2008, 04:53 AM   #18
Blue Crack Overdose
Get me off the internetz!

Local Time: 02:50 AM
I used to read Archie comic books as a kid and I have a Collectible Superman comic book that was my Dad's. That reminds me I should look into how much that issue is worth.
Old 09-05-2008, 10:22 AM   #19
The Fly

Local Time: 05:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by major_panic View Post
Also Green Arrow and JLA once in a while. Currently trying to follow the Final Crisis storyline.
I've picked up bits and pieces of the Final Crisis story arc, but haven't seriously tried to follow it ... I've got a feeling it'll turn into something like Cher's Farewell Tour ... I'm not a Cher fan, mind you, but her Farewell Tour should be titled "The Ongoing Farewell Tour" ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by major_panic
I tend to prefer non-powered superheroes, if you get my drift.
For the most part, I agree with ya, but I'm a huge Green Lantern fan too ... Guy Gardner, by far, is my favorite GL ... He's proven himself a hero time and time again, with or without powers too ...
Old 09-05-2008, 10:46 PM   #20
The Fly

I am only a casual comic book fan. Some of my casual favorites are:

100 Bullets, Watchmen, Preacher, Sandman, Optic Nerve, Jimmy Corrigan, Maus, Dark Knight, From Hell, Fun Home, Palestine, Hellboy, Sin City, Fables, Y: The Last Man, Ex Machina, Runaways, Stan Lee and Roger Stern's Spider-Man, Invisibles, Shade The Changing Man, Stray Bullets, Powers, Ultimate Spider-Man, Domu, Northlanders, Mouse Guard, Usagi Yojimbo, A Small Killing, It's A Good Life if You Don't Weaken, Losers, 100%, Goon, Queen and Country, The Boys, DMZ, Acme Novelty Library, Criminal, The Three Paradoxes, Shaolin Cowboy, Mr. Punch, Scott Pilgrim, 303, Ennis's Punisher, Signal to Noise, Pride of Baghdad, The Poor Bastard, Persepolis, War Story: D-Day Dodgers, Caricature, Ghost World, Strangers in Paradise, V For Vendetta, Alias, Kill Your Boyfriend, Lone Wolf and Cub, Berlin, Street Angel, Blankets, Human Target, Loveless, The Perry Bible Fellowship, Get Your War On, Walking Dead, Flaming Carrot, Lost Girls, League of Extraordinary Gentlemen, The Killer, Chance in Hell, Black Hole, Eightball, Promethea, American Splendor, Stuck Rubber Baby, Fire, Jinx, Goldfish, Fortune and Glory, Concrete, Love and Rockets, and just a handful more...

Just a casual fan,
Jason
Old 09-06-2008, 02:08 AM   #21
The Fly

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonlee View Post
I am only a casual comic book fan. Some of my casual favorites are:

100 Bullets, Watchmen, Preacher, Sandman, Optic Nerve, Jimmy Corrigan, Maus, Dark Knight, From Hell, Fun Home, Palestine, Hellboy, Sin City, Fables, Y: The Last Man, Ex Machina, Runaways, Stan Lee and Roger Stern's Spider-Man, Invisibles, Shade The Changing Man, Stray Bullets, Powers, Ultimate Spider-Man, Domu, Northlanders, Mouse Guard, Usagi Yojimbo, A Small Killing, It's A Good Life if You Don't Weaken, Losers, 100%, Goon, Queen and Country, The Boys, DMZ, Acme Novelty Library, Criminal, The Three Paradoxes, Shaolin Cowboy, Mr. Punch, Scott Pilgrim, 303, Ennis's Punisher, Signal to Noise, Pride of Baghdad, The Poor Bastard, Persepolis, War Story: D-Day Dodgers, Caricature, Ghost World, Strangers in Paradise, V For Vendetta, Alias, Kill Your Boyfriend, Lone Wolf and Cub, Berlin, Street Angel, Blankets, Human Target, Loveless, The Perry Bible Fellowship, Get Your War On, Walking Dead, Flaming Carrot, Lost Girls, League of Extraordinary Gentlemen, The Killer, Chance in Hell, Black Hole, Eightball, Promethea, American Splendor, Stuck Rubber Baby, Fire, Jinx, Goldfish, Fortune and Glory, Concrete, Love and Rockets, and just a handful more...

Just a casual fan,
Jason
Nice to meet a casual fan with such a large reading list ...
Old 09-06-2008, 03:04 AM   #22
I serve MacPhisto

There's been a good couple Thor one-shots recently. Ages of Thunder and Reign in Blood were awesome, and I'm looking forward to Man of War, but tragically AoT and RiB came out June/July and MoW isn't going to be done until November.

Also, I need to find copies of The Shadow, because the shadow was the bomb.
Old 09-07-2008, 11:41 PM   #23
The Fly

WOW !!! More U2 friends are also comic fans than I thought ... Rock on !!!
Old 09-08-2008, 04:04 AM   #24
The Fly

That's only a partial list, Rev. Just off the top of my head. But I should try reading more superhero stuff. Know if CIVAL WAR is any good?

Best,
Jason
Old 09-08-2008, 11:04 AM   #25
The Fly

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonlee View Post
That's only a partial list, Rev. Just off the top of my head. But I should try reading more superhero stuff. Know if CIVAL WAR is any good?

Best,
Jason
Honestly, I'm not much of a Marvel reader, but Civil War caught my attention at first ... S'gonna be interesting to see how they bring the real Captain America back alive ...
Old 09-08-2008, 12:02 PM   #26
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 11:50 AM
I loved Thor. I used to have loadsa Superman comics when I was young and have kept a few of the original Spiderman comics..lol. Unfortunately I lent a load out to someone at college and that was the end of those. Oh well, serves me right I guess.

...and I'm a great lover of the Beano....oy.... that humour is still great.
Old 09-08-2008, 05:40 PM   #27
The Fly

The only superhero comics I read are THE BOYS, which is disgustingly good. POWERS and ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN by Bendis and BATMAN by Morrison, who I think is the only comic writer who can write while using recreational drugs, and EX MACHINA by Vaughan, who I think is the best writer in comics -- at least on technical terms.
Old 09-20-2008, 10:25 PM   #28
The Fly

Morrison has gotta be one of everyone's favorite writers, but Gibbons and Johns have been doing some amazing things with Green Lantern too ... I thoroughly enjoyed Steve Niles take on The Creeper and Duncan Rouleau's Metal Men also ...
Old 06-06-2009, 11:20 AM   #29
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 08:20 PM
So, fuck, I know comics are hella nerdy and shit, but if you check the last page here, I mentioned a little comic book called "Scalped". And goddammit, I am absolutely in love with it. Best comic I've ever read. I'm bumping this just to say that anyone with half an interest in the medium should check it out, from the start. The first trade is a little bit shonky, still good though - but by the second and third trades, it's just gotten better and better. And it's still getting better. I'm gushing over this like mad. I've been reading other highly regarded comics on the shelves right now, and honestly, the closest one to it - Unknown Soldier - is still miles behind.

I also praised Northlanders, another Vertigo title (I kinda nearly exclusively read Vertigo books) in my post from however many months ago. To be honest, the most recent long arc about the Irish guy running away from Vikings or whatever fucking sucked. I tried to get into it, but the whole thing just seemed to go around in circles and even with the big blow in the last issue, I still didn't give a shit. Good news is, the new standalone is great, so check it out.

Anyway, I just want all you guys to keep talking about comics, because that shit is allllright.
Old 10-14-2009, 01:15 AM   #30
The Fly

Anyone object to reviving this topic?