All things gym! Thread/Discussion.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
so i've decided to start p90x next week. anyone have experience with this?

i would say i'm a beginner when it comes to workout ruitines, so i'm a bit nervous. i had a good running routine last year, but this looks a lot more intense.

Two sales guys that I see every so often do it and love it. They spend a fair amount of time in hotel rooms, so they love being able to play the DVDs on their laptops in the room. It's working for them despite how much beer they drink. Both are right around 40 years old and are glad to be back in great shape.

I'd like to try it, but I have to be so careful with my back (and my shoulder and my knee, and... ).

i would say i'm a beginner when it comes to workout ruitines, so i'm a bit nervous. i had a good running routine last year, but this looks a lot more intense.

Haven't tried p90x, but did try Insanity. It was...insane.

I stopped because I found it to be too high impact on my knees, ankles and hips. But it's a great workout, especially if you're shedding pounds. It does take a beating on your body though.

I got back into a rigorous workout routine to look hot for the next tour :wink:
I've been doing 45-60 minutes of cardio, usually high or general, for six days a week. But I seem to have hit the wall, so I'm hoping that I can Hulk smash it and break through it soon.
Anyone have any suggestions to get through that wall?

Maybe mix in weight training of some sort. Your muscles have likely become accustomed to what you've been doing, weight training should give them a shock to start building and burning again.

I volunteer at a horse barn. As a favor to the owners, a really good personal trainer does a group training class 2 times a week there for only $10 per person. I finally decided to go to one of those sessions. He kicked my butt! However I was told that they had been doing the workout for a month (with it slowly increasing) and I actually kept up with them despite never doing it before. Apparently I'm in good physical shape, even with my lack of muscle. Yay!

I really want to lower my body fat percentage more.

Very tough, especially when you do the 16 minutes of AB Ripper X.

Back
Top Bottom