All Things Gin! Thread + Discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Canadiens1131

ONE love, blood, life
LQ5hC.jpg

4eqms.jpg

7Q1zO.png

kGrez.jpg

Gin can be excellent in mixed drinks, in my estimation. I'm more of a Scotch guy, though.

I prefer vodka with tonic. :hmm: Recently I decided to switch to see if maybe I would like gin instead. (I thought I liked them both equally.) I've only finished about a quarter of the bottle, but no, I still prefer vodka. Of course I could try some different brands I suppose. But then again, I think gin gives me a headache the next day.

I prefer vodka with tonic. :hmm: Recently I decided to switch to see if maybe I would like gin instead. (I thought I liked them both equally.) I've only finished about a quarter of the bottle, but no, I still prefer vodka. Of course I could try some different brands I suppose. But then again, I think gin gives me a headache the next day.

And it tastes like pine needles. :sick:

gin & tonic is my favourite mixed drink. It's delicious and you don't get nasty sugar breath or gut rot. Yum

gin & tonic is my favourite mixed drink. It's delicious and you don't get nasty sugar breath or gut rot. Yum

G&T with lots of lime--nice and sour on a hot, sunny day: :drool::drool::drool:

Love Gin. Hendrick's, specifically. But really, even whatever crap they have on tap at a bar is still pretty good (unlike shit vodkas or whiskeys).

I've been wanting to cure salmon in it. I think the pine-y flavor would be great with salmon.

I'm a big proponent of this thread, but I find its lack of Hendrick's disturbing.

No finer spirit, although I do also love Tanqueray. A Hendrick's Gibson is a thing of beauty.

If you are turned off by the taste of gin in a mixed GNT, I recommend substituting and having a GNT with lemon instead of lime. It kind of balances out.

One thing is for sure, if gin is giving you a headache definitely go for Tanqueray or Sapphire. Not the kind of hard liquer you want to skimp on and go for the Gordon's London Dry.

If you are turned off by the taste of gin in a mixed GNT, I recommend substituting and having a GNT with lemon instead of lime. It kind of balances out.

One thing is for sure, if gin is giving you a headache definitely go for Tanqueray or Sapphire. Not the kind of hard liquer you want to skimp on and go for the Gordon's London Dry.

I actually enjoyed the one I made tonight. I put more lime juice in than I had before and it was pretty good. The brand I have is Beefeater. Hopefully no headache tomorrow!

Back
Top Bottom