All Things Gin! Thread + Discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks to you both :) Yeah I try to avoid artificial sweeteners too so maybe I'll stick to the regular, even though I'd rather not have the calories. The gin alone accounts for around 150 calories itself. And I put a ton of lime too. I use the juice of a whole small lime in one drink.

carbs... that was what i meant with gin, not calories lol! i'm overtired and stupid ha

We went with Seagrams, no thanks to you guys. Pretty respectable, I feel. Reminds me of vodka with a citrus undertone. From the second I got a whiff of it, I knew serving it with lime made sense.

I've got gin and tonic, I've got Showgirls. I'll see you guys later.

Is there a level past supersonic? Seriously though, this is the best drink I've ever had.

so it appears gin is more popular than both gym and jim.

mark is that you in your avatar? is that a really long rat tail peeking out from under the hat?

The French .75 is pretty good.
It will be great outside in the warm weather this summer. However, I don't see keeping champagne around just for it. But, if there were a bottle or two leftover from a party...:up:

Woke up again and watched Drinking Made Easy this morning:

Cucumber Collins
Muddle 4 slices of cucumber with 1 1/2 oz. fresh lemon juice
Add 1 1/2 oz. gin, 1 egg white and ice.
Shake, strain and serve over ice.

Alrighty then, now that the warmer weather is here, it's time to try some good tonic with the gin.

This is one is on the evening's menu (with Hendrick's of course):
IMG_0606.jpg

It's expensive, so it better be good.

And was it worth it? :hmm:

It was kind of amazing. It's got a nice floral, complex flavor, but it overwhelmed the Hendrick's. Fancy and very good, but definitely a treat and not for everyday GnTs.

I've got 2 other to try now, too:

Q and Fever Tree.
Those are about $1 per serving. The Fentiman's was $1.79 per little bottle.

Herby/floral. Really nice.

I'm out drinking with clients tonight, otherwise I could be describing both of the other tonics right now. :angry: and :hyper:

:shrug:

Fever Tree is fine, though you'd be hard-pressed to tell the difference between it and generic tonic. Skip it because of the price.
fever-tree-tonic-water.jpg

Q is interesting and I need to drink another to make up my mind.
qtonic.jpg

Fentimans is the best and worth it for a snooty good GnT.

Also I love BevMo in California because they have the trees of little sample bottles of booze (lunchables) by the checkouts. I grabbed a few more Gins to try when we were in Anaheim for U2.

quick question for the gin connaisseurs hehe

does Bombay gin (the one in transparent bottles, not Bombay Sapphire) give you headaches?? i get really bad headaches from Gordon's but that's about all the stores here seem to stock (i'm out in the sticks), apart from really bad cheap generic gin, but they do sell Bombay... is it worth trying??

at the moment, i'm off the gin and Pimms is my drug of choice ha

^I don't know Bombay Gin versus Bombay Sapphire.

I tried a little Indigo tonight:
indigo%20gin.jpg

Good. Didn't have a full GnT, just a small swig.

And was impressed by Miller's Gin:
MartinMiller.jpg

Nice different floral flavor. Quite good.

I also tried a sip of Cucumber soda with gin. Different and tasty. Of course it's hot here, so any booze with cool flavors and ice cubes taste good.

G&T's tonight, just Seagrams. I went all over town looking for nice tonic water after I passed some up earlier today. Of course I couldn't find any, so it's time for some Canada Dry. :depressed:

G&T's tonight, just Seagrams. I went all over town looking for nice tonic water after I passed some up earlier today. Of course I couldn't find any, so it's time for some Canada Dry. :depressed:

I'm sorry I won't see you in Minneapolis. Please drown our sorrows in some gin. :up:

2 disappointing Hendrick's-n-Ts last night.
I know it's Happy Hour, but don't fuck me on the booze if I request top shelf. :angry:

(Okay, and my bad for ordering a second one.)

Tried No. 209 last week. Nice gin!

No._209_Gin.jpg

It's got a little different flavor than juniper. The bartender said it was a bit of cardamom. It was at an Indian restaurant, so yum for G-n-Ts and Indian food!

Back
Top Bottom