All Things Gin! Thread + Discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Not enough love for Beefeater. That's the finest Gin there is.

I like Beefeater. It seems to be a lot of bars' house brand. I like it much better than Tanqueray and Bombay Sapphire.

I also like Phillips' Gin. Philips is Minnesota's largest booze producer (I think). They generally make crap, but their gin is cheap and tasty.

I've officially switched to favoring gin over vodka since we last posted here. Definitely a more refreshing taste, especially with this bottle. More expensive but worth it in this case because the flavor is so much better than all others I've tried. If you must go lower price though, Beefeater is fine. It is HOT here tonight, and this was perfect. :up:

gintonic2013.jpg~original

I love a nice gin and lime myself. Indeed, it was my grandfather's favorite drink and I developed a taste for it pretty early on ;)

The thing with gin is, however, that there's only a couple of ways (imo) to consume it. And "straight" is not one of them. Straight gin tastes like..turpentine or something (not that I've ever sipped turpentine :lol: ). Just tastes like something very very bad for the body.

Vodka, on the other hand, is extremely versatile and a decent quality vodka tastes great straight, especially if kept in the freezer.

So if I hit up the duty free and there's a special on Beefeater or something, I get it. But as a regular liquor that I pick up locally? I just don't drink it enough. That goes to Canadian Club/Gibson's first and Finlandia/Stolichnaya second :)

I still enjoy vodka. And though I drink neither straight, I like vodka in other mixed drinks. But I prefer the taste of gin in tonic, which is my preferred quick and easy drink at least.
I think the biggest boost to that preference came from the Hendricks too. Even the smell is pretty nice, very crisp and fresh.

Hendrick's is far and away the best gin I've had. No. 209 is quite good, but needs the right tonic. Death's Door is a small producer in Wisconsin that has a good gin, too.

Hendrick's is far and away the best gin I've had. No. 209 is quite good, but needs the right tonic. Death's Door is a small producer in Wisconsin that has a good gin, too.

Not sure if I want to drink something that's named Death's Door lol!! But I'll take the recommendations on the Hendrick's, give it a shot (or two or three lol)

Back
Top Bottom