All of Zoomerang96's 'Stories' here - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand
Click Here to Login

Old 04-29-2014, 12:13 PM   #1
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 07:29 AM
Housing costs and concerns

so i'm looking at a house to buy for me and my three children, and at least in my area i'm absolutely taken back by how expensive houses have become.

i don't have a great job, making roughly $120K per year (not net, that's BEFORE taxes) so i'm not expecting the moon and the stars here. but i can tell you this for free - $800,000 doesn't get you what it used to.

i've always prided myself in being able to live within my humble means, but surely i'm not along who's frustrated by how expensive everything is?

i don't want to live in a shithole, and i don't know of a city in this country where you can live in a house that isn't valued at at least $500K. certainly not in areas that have... how do i say this... crime. i don't want to live in a crime area.

... good job i don't live in eastern ukraine (or The Ukraine, as The Ukrainians prefer to call it) by CRIME EA, right? :P

anyway, what are you guys finding at the moment? is it possible to live in a tolerable abode without having to live in a dump/ghetto?

sometimes i wish U2 would write a song about people like us... life is tough in situations like this. i know we're way better off than people in like in mexico and south korea, but it doesn't mean we don't know what it's like to live in hardships of our own kind.

Old 04-29-2014, 05:25 PM   #2
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

So sorry for your situation. I would love to help, honestly I would, but I haven't the clue what one might expect at your price point. Years ago I might have, say on my starter home or maybe some of the fixers ive picked up along the way. But seriously, who wants to live in a squalor or a plywood box?

I know, this makes me some sort of elitist twat, perhaps. I know.

Maybe I could have my people call your people. Well actually, you don't even fucking have any people, do you? Do me? Do who? Fuck.

You know what? No. Seriously...I don't know what im doing here. I missed my afternoon dosage and that craving is coming back. You know the one don't you? People look depraved. And if they don't you want to deprave them. People look tasty...imagine burying them underground and slow cooking them to tender perfection...like a pig.

Like that time I turned one of my rental units into a convection oven. That made for some great stew. I named it after the family who rented that particular unit, my own little secret recipe. You really shouldn't eat the bones though.

Old 04-29-2014, 10:48 PM   #3
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 11:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoomerang96 View Post
so i'm looking at a house to buy for me and my three children, and at least in my area i'm absolutely taken back by how expensive houses have become.

i don't have a great job, making roughly $120K per year (not net, that's BEFORE taxes) so i'm not expecting the moon and the stars here. but i can tell you this for free - $800,000 doesn't get you what it used to.

i've always prided myself in being able to live within my humble means, but surely i'm not along who's frustrated by how expensive everything is?

i don't want to live in a shithole, and i don't know of a city in this country where you can live in a house that isn't valued at at least $500K. certainly not in areas that have... how do i say this... crime. i don't want to live in a crime area.

... good job i don't live in eastern ukraine (or The Ukraine, as The Ukrainians prefer to call it) by CRIME EA, right? :P

anyway, what are you guys finding at the moment? is it possible to live in a tolerable abode without having to live in a dump/ghetto?

sometimes i wish U2 would write a song about people like us... life is tough in situations like this. i know we're way better off than people in like in mexico and south korea, but it doesn't mean we don't know what it's like to live in hardships of our own kind.
Crimea river.

BOOOM!

Hey, guys, speaking of first world problems, what a bummer it is when housing prices fall off because Ariel Castro lived in your street.
Old 04-29-2014, 11:27 PM   #4
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Yikes, $500k for a house? You can get a nice house where I live for $100,000. My friend and her husband just bought one for $40,000 and cleaned it up. The price was low because the previous owners were chain smokers with nine dogs.
Old 04-29-2014, 11:46 PM   #5
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 05:29 AM
Yeah, big-city livin' is expensive. I make a good living ... but I rent because I don't want to have to move an hour away for something I can afford in the Seattle area, just for the sake of owning a home.

Thankfully, kids aren't in the picture for me, so it makes the decision much easier to just stay where I am in an apartment.
Old 04-30-2014, 12:02 AM   #6
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

I'm fairly sure Zoomerang96 doesn't actually have three children.

Unless he abducted them.
Old 04-30-2014, 12:33 AM   #7
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 09:29 AM
Gets points for being slightly more subtle than the other rich people problems thread (I forget the title, LM included it in some round of his thread survivor), but then promptly loses those points for still not being funny.
Old 04-30-2014, 12:38 AM   #8
ONE
love, blood, life

Iwasbored, I make money off of people like you every day for being as precisely funny or unfunny as I want to be. I own you, and I own all the humour you may or may not be aware that you either are or aren't enjoying. Either way, I've already decided for you.

A fictitious hypothetical first world problem for a first class, first world ass hole. That's me. A pleasure to see you all again, I hope all is well at your ends. Good night.
Old 04-30-2014, 03:07 PM   #9
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 05:29 AM
... oh. Apparently I missed the memo.

Whatever. I'm still happy renting.
Old 04-30-2014, 03:44 PM   #10
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 08:29 AM
does the $800K cover the cost of RAGE proofing?
Old 05-02-2014, 06:25 PM   #11
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 09:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoomerang96 View Post
Iwasbored, I make money off of people like you every day for being as precisely funny or unfunny as I want to be. I own you, and I own all the humour you may or may not be aware that you either are or aren't enjoying. Either way, I've already decided for you.

A fictitious hypothetical first world problem for a first class, first world ass hole. That's me. A pleasure to see you all again, I hope all is well at your ends. Good night.
doesn't apply to me. i'm not polish.
Old 05-05-2014, 01:43 AM   #12
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

All of Zoomerang96's 'Stories' here

If we could keep this one on topic, guys.
Old 05-05-2014, 01:56 AM   #13
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 11:59 PM
I liked the part where he is rich.
Old 05-05-2014, 05:01 AM   #14
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Bismarck School Board To Debate New Bleachers for Gym
Old 05-05-2014, 01:03 PM   #15
Blue Crack Addict

I'd like to hear a story of how many licks it takes to get to Gary's center.