All of Mrs. Garrison's stories HERE

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
the pleasure is all mine

because you look great in a simple white t shirt and sweat pants, as comfortable as you are.

Stella and i are getting on quite well today, as many days before us. We share a glass in space where days don't just give us all they can, they multiply before our very eyes like a sexual supernova.

Our location, unlike yours, presents the fruits of sixteen simultaneous sunrises. Your breath begins a rainbow, my eyes are eternal night. One wrong move and you've started a meteor shower....twice you cough and they'll name the big one after us. Pity them if we fart.

16 billion possible words and im having trouble putting select few together. I guess the gift was one meant for someone better....i can hear and see and feel but she knows i won't know how to use it. Try and guide me through the current and we capture intensity and laugh in the face of creation.

Close your eyes and imagine you've been there with me. Release your inhibitions and follow your fears without hesitation. Your water shed shall flow within you and transcend you. If you dare. Dreams are not the escape of awakening, awake is not the death of dreams, only time. Somewhere else will always be where you're not......

our best work, stoned

It's early afternoon downtown, when we find ourselves wandering down an alley drinking from paper bags and eating out of little boxes, trash cans, and sharing the air with the blowing wind. The crazy artist girl, the old black man, and myself frequent the streetcorner and plot the end of civilization as we know it. Overhead another plane takes off into the orange sky only to come to rest inverted among other members of the dead fleet. "Oh man FUCK! Another one bites the dust!" The old black man, dressed in an army coat and a flak vest cries out as he gets down on his knees and begins to pray to the pavement.

The artsy chick, i called her Tula short for two-legs-luva, went on and on about how humane these new wars have become. "Dude, like they totally don't crash at all, they just stay up there for ever and ever and nobody dies man, like they can smoke the pipe and forget all their troubles while they kiss the view." I mention the prospect that they might starve to death and have to eat each other when the cabin runs out of food, plus the plane is upside down so its not like they can use the shitters anyway. Between drags of her joint she says "Your such a fucking downer dude!" and she hits me to prove her point. "I would take that anyday over crashing to the ground in a fiery inferno and chunks of flesh ripping through your bones upon impact as your brain explodes and your intestines stretch from here to the moon in a split second..."

The old black man continues to pray to the cracks in his boots on the pavement and you can see shades of Vietnam in his aura, the night they were ambushed by Charlie and Charlene plays out time and time again around the bonfires. A fleet of shiny black SUV's pull up as Tula does a line of coke off of the back of her hand, as the door opens men with suits hop out and take security posture all around us. Then from the back of one of the SUV's emerges an ex-president looking casual and friendly. He walks towards us and greets us with a warm southern smile and a friendly "howdy".

At first we just look at him in awe, with the orange glow above him and inverted boneyard floating forever in a sea of defeat. "oh man, your that guy from tv" Tula says while reaching into her coat for more of her stash, "didn't i go down on you in an airplane once?" she asks earnestly. The ex president smiles nervously and then i ask him seriously "when are we going to attack? and volunteer that "i know where they are hiding and we must hit them hard, fast, and we must take away their lunch money!" this of course gets an even more puzzled look from the former leader. He looks nervously out the street in the direction of his handlers when the old black man suddenly jumps up and salutes him, while still speaking in toungues and then begins to foam at the mouth and pee himself at the same time.

"Oh shit, your the president? would you like to do some smack?" Tula says, and she laughs hysterically until she farts. "how about we join the mile high club?" She says with a wink and a roll of her tongue.

The ex president finally says to us "im here to speak to a group of homeless people...at some shelter....looks like you all were expecting me... heh" and he laughs with a wink. About this time his handlers begin to move in, and the old black man begins to have another flashback "INCOMING" "TAKE MOTHERFUCKING COVER!" he screams and Tula screams as well and runs out into the street, stripping off all of her clothes. The ex presidents handlers are in a Defensive posture and began to move him towards the fleet of vehicles. "NO, i want to stay and help those people" he said, but the handlers throw him inside of one of the SUV's and are ready to abort.

"YOU MUST ATTACK NOW!" i pleaded "BEFORE IT'S TOO LATE"
"WHO DO YOU THINK YOU ARE, THE QUEEN OF EGYPT!" Tula screams "GET BACK HERE AND MAKE LOVE TO ME!!"
The old black man throws a 40 ounce bottle at the SUV and hits the deck yelling "GRENADE! GRENADE!"

The convoy of SUV's speed off down the road underneath the green sky with orange glow, inverted planes hanging like clouds as more take off into the beyond. We watch the sky turn violet before we head off towards our favorite place under the freeway overpass, where we refuse to die in the city of uncontrolled bleeding. The last seconds of life, the moments between the act of death and before the actual passing, are still a great mystery. Tula thinks it will be some great party, the old man thinks he's already there and can't seem to get to the other side, myself i just think ive got one foot on the gas and the other one on the trigger...

if you go there with me
wild honey
can i touch you there
deep inside
edge is blowing in the breeze
wild honey
goal is soul
love me
gimme soul
el-ev-ay-shun!
woo hoo weeeeee hoo
woo hoo weeeeeeee hoo
you shoot me like cum
to the orbit of your lips
and the corner of your hips
wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiild honey!

I'd be happy to help with the latter. :sexywink:

r3678984001.jpg

Actually, I am kind of over Favre.

I respect him as an athlete and for what he did for the Pack, but the whole "I'm retired. :sad:... No wait, I wanna play. :hyper: Hold on again, I am retired. :sad: Wait. I am definitely playing :hyper:" BS he pulled with GB and the Jets, was lame.

It kind of made me lose some respect for him.

But, I will forgive you if you bring me a bottle of Vodka and some Mexican food.

I understand where you are coming from, really i do. If Aikman would have pulled that crap 10 years ago i would have been disappointed. If he ever left Dallas to go play for the Iggles i would feel betrayed, perhaps livid.

But i still believe they (GB) forced him to retire when he wasn't really ready to go. Sure he waffled and held everyone hostage, and both sides really do look kind of silly if you ask me. But at the end of the day i don't blame him for coming back to play somewhere else as long as he is able to play and people want him there. So far he is a perfect match for the Vikings, whether or not that holds true all season long remains to be seen. GB did a good job of containing Adrian Peterson to a career low yardage forcing Favre to beat them. They, of all people, should have known better. Oh well.

I would be happy to bring you mexican food vodka is not a good combo. I can see the mess....would be like one of those smilies over at the "X"

yeehaw :hug:

prince albert

A man wakes up in the desert one morning, afraid and lost from where he belongs. He decides to give up on life and as a result he continues to smoke. He will drift up and down sand dunes and between jagged red rock formations before he takes refuge behind a hill overlooking the valley of the cactus.

The man isn't sure where he is or how he got there, in fact he thinks she may have killed him. He's either dreaming this all up or he is awake and this is hell. The desert is beautiful despite its loneliness and lack of food, water, and comfort. He isn't sure where he will sleep once night falls, but he's sure he will sleep because he is dead tired from his journey.

He hears eerie music from a loudspeaker, sort of like close encounters followed by crackling voices that sound like 1950's air raid warnings. He has no idea where these sounds are coming from, but they are loud and in his head. Could it be the voice of God? Or has he stumbled in some secret government testing site? The man continues on his travels as the sun begins to set, he is hungry and thirsty and tired. In the distance he sees an indian watching him, but as he gets closer it seems to have been a mirage.

As the last of the sun begans to fall over the distant plateau, the man decides he can go no further and lays down near a rock formation when he discovers a few plants growing near his spot. With nothing to lose, he eats the plants in hopes he will find nourishment. Soon he falls asleep. He will hear the voices again, in his slumber, but he is so tired he will not be stirred.

In the distance a glow fills the sky and an object appears, and decends to the desert floor for landing. A team of four crewmembers emerges from the craft and heads in the man's direction. The crew reaches the man's destination, and they have with them food, water, medical equipment, survellience equipment, and reading material. They perform a few "tests" on the man and document the activity. Then they leave him the food and water, along with a fresh pack of smokes and a newspaper that is over 50 years old. They return to their flying craft and blast off as quickly as they had appeared.

The desert is quiet for most of the night....

The next morning the man wakes up, well rested, but thirsty and hungry. He is delighted to see a cooler full of food and water. Once he has eaten he decides to plan his next move. Then he opens up the newspaper and discovers it is 1950 something, leaving him to wonder if his whole life had been a dream. Again he hears the odd sounding music from the loudspeaker followed by strange voices warning of potential threats, hazards, and other mayhem. The voices blast throughout the desert, bouncing from mountain to jagged mountain with an echo towards the sun. He decides that she was out to get him, and again he figures he had better give up on life. If he wasn't already dead....this could be hell...the man reasons within his own soul.

He smokes another cigarette and begans to walk off towards the next jagged mountains in the distance. With any luck he can reach them before sunset...

don't you lose that adventureous spirit

After a long rest in a small cave, the man wakes up to the sounds of westminister chimes and some static warnings. This time they are much louder than he remembers. He feels like he's slept for days, and in fact he has. After the usual breakfast from an unknown host, the man begins to gather himself and wonders outside the cave to discover his entire world has changed while he was sleeping.

The last thing he remembered was she appeared to him, needing his help and calling out his name begging for him to stay. He admitted he didn't want to go....then he woke up.

The sky was a brilliant mix of orange and turquoise as the sun was coming up on the horizon. The shadow of death filled the desolate canyon below, littered with bones of the recently deceased in every direction. He did not remember how long ago he arrived at the cave, only that it had probably been a few days.

As he began to focus out in the distance, the man noticed what looked like a building a couple of miles away so he grabbed his stuff and set direction towards the small outpost. After he had gone a few paces, he turned around to look at the cave he had just left when he noticed that atop the mountain there was a giant satellite, which was probably watching outer space as well as his every move. This thing was enormous, and as he looked around he thought he could make out more of these satellites on top of cliffs around him.

He stumbled through the human-like bones on his way to the building, wondering what caused all of this death. Was it some type of conflict? Or disease, famine maybe?

The orange clouds in the green sky made it hard to see very far in any direction, due to the glare. But he was getting ever closer to that small building that he spotted. And now he thought he could make out some form of life in front of the building. Maybe a person or two? Whoever or whatever it was, they appeared to be watching him.

He could still hear her voice calling out to him, begging him to stay. But he kept on...In his pocket there was a current newspaper written in a language he did not understand, along with some sand and the thing he valued the most...

After a long rest in a small cave, the man wakes up to the sounds of westminister chimes and some static warnings. This time they are much louder than he remembers. He feels like he's slept for days, and in fact he has. After the usual breakfast from an unknown host, the man begins to gather himself and wonders outside the cave to discover his entire world has changed while he was sleeping.

The last thing he remembered was she appeared to him, needing his help and calling out his name begging for him to stay. He admitted he didn't want to go....then he woke up.

The sky was a brilliant mix of orange and turquoise as the sun was coming up on the horizon. The shadow of death filled the desolate canyon below, littered with bones of the recently deceased in every direction. He did not remember how long ago he arrived at the cave, only that it had probably been a few days.

As he began to focus out in the distance, the man noticed what looked like a building a couple of miles away so he grabbed his stuff and set direction towards the small outpost. After he had gone a few paces, he turned around to look at the cave he had just left when he noticed that atop the mountain there was a giant satellite, which was probably watching outer space as well as his every move. This thing was enormous, and as he looked around he thought he could make out more of these satellites on top of cliffs around him.

He stumbled through the human-like bones on his way to the building, wondering what caused all of this death. Was it some type of conflict? Or disease, famine maybe?

The orange clouds in the green sky made it hard to see very far in any direction, due to the glare. But he was getting ever closer to that small building that he spotted. And now he thought he could make out some form of life in front of the building. Maybe a person or two? Whoever or whatever it was, they appeared to be watching him.

He could still hear her voice calling out to him, begging him to stay. But he kept on...In his pocket there was a current newspaper written in a language he did not understand, along with some sand and the thing he valued the most...

Ooooh!:applaud: What happens next?

man plays in traffic

Apparently that little building was farther away than he had thought, it was almost nightfall by the time the man made it to the building. It looked to be an old abandoned outpost of some sort, though he knew he had seen something moving around it earlier. Maybe it was his imagination or maybe it was whatever was responsible for all of the bones on the desert floor.

Tired from the walking, once again, the man bravely enters the hollowed out old building and decides to find himself a corner to lay down for the night. He lays down and reaches into his pocket, pulling out the wedding ring he once wore, wondering to himself if he would ever put it back on.

Thoughs of her fill his mind, pleasant memories at that, as he drifts off to sleep on a day he could only describe as one that "ends in y".

The man awoke the next morning expecting breakfast and a fresh pack of smokes from the keepers of the night, but instead he opened his eyes to see several faceless people watching him from across the room. He was having trouble focusing on them, so he rubbed his eyes and tried to get a better look. At second glance they were shuffling off in an orderly manner through a doorway and with that they were gone.

The man gathered himself and decided to follow. He carefully opened the door and in front of him was the longest stairway he had ever seen, it must have went down several hundred feet. He rushes down the dimly light stairs only to find another doorway, followed by more stairs. And another, and another. After what must have been an hour and several hundred more feet of descent, he finally comes to a light behind a door that opens into a giant underworld of....well he really wasn't sure what this was.

As far as he could see, the faceless people were performing tasks in a methodical and orderly fashion and showing little to no emotion. It's like they were programmed to do whatever it was they were doing, feeding some great monster that was clearly out of the picture. Machines were running, parts were moving, conveyors were sliding over rails and whatever this was it probably went on for miles.

The faceless people were gray in color, average height and of thin build, they all looked almost identical and moved in a very odd and hypnotic fashion. They made very little noise at all, if any. Several of them were walking towards the man carrying some equipment when he decided to get their attention, so he stepped out in front of them. He blocked their path and yelled at them "HEY". They stopped in front of him but did not speak, nor show any signs of communicating with him. All they did was react to their pathway being blocked.

"Where is my breakfast? My smokes? Im hungry" the man said. "I also like to read the paper when im taking a shit" he added with a nervous laugh. The faceless people did not respond, only remained frozen in front of him.

Thats when it hit him...from behind....he was so busy talking and trying to get their attention that he did not hear the small vehicle coming up behind him. It hit him so hard he flew into the conveyor belt and lay there stunned as the conveyor line with him on it disappeared into a hot and dark smoke filled tunnel and just as the whistle blew really loud the cold sticky substance was all over him....

She ran her fingers through his hair and kissed him on the forehead, then she asked him what he wanted for breakfast. He really could care less about that...he could just stare into her eyes for eternity and that would be enough. She got up out of bed and he called out to her, "baby, please don't go, just stay a while longer" she smiled and turned around but then the phone began to ring very loudly and there was a knock at the door...

Apparently that little building was farther away than he had thought, it was almost nightfall by the time the man made it to the building. It looked to be an old abandoned outpost of some sort, though he knew he had seen something moving around it earlier. Maybe it was his imagination or maybe it was whatever was responsible for all of the bones on the desert floor.

Tired from the walking, once again, the man bravely enters the hollowed out old building and decides to find himself a corner to lay down for the night. He lays down and reaches into his pocket, pulling out the wedding ring he once wore, wondering to himself if he would ever put it back on.

Thoughs of her fill his mind, pleasant memories at that, as he drifts off to sleep on a day he could only describe as one that "ends in y".

The man awoke the next morning expecting breakfast and a fresh pack of smokes from the keepers of the night, but instead he opened his eyes to see several faceless people watching him from across the room. He was having trouble focusing on them, so he rubbed his eyes and tried to get a better look. At second glance they were shuffling off in an orderly manner through a doorway and with that they were gone.

The man gathered himself and decided to follow. He carefully opened the door and in front of him was the longest stairway he had ever seen, it must have went down several hundred feet. He rushes down the dimly light stairs only to find another doorway, followed by more stairs. And another, and another. After what must have been an hour and several hundred more feet of descent, he finally comes to a light behind a door that opens into a giant underworld of....well he really wasn't sure what this was.

As far as he could see, the faceless people were performing tasks in a methodical and orderly fashion and showing little to no emotion. It's like they were programmed to do whatever it was they were doing, feeding some great monster that was clearly out of the picture. Machines were running, parts were moving, conveyors were sliding over rails and whatever this was it probably went on for miles.

The faceless people were gray in color, average height and of thin build, they all looked almost identical and moved in a very odd and hypnotic fashion. They made very little noise at all, if any. Several of them were walking towards the man carrying some equipment when he decided to get their attention, so he stepped out in front of them. He blocked their path and yelled at them "HEY". They stopped in front of him but did not speak, nor show any signs of communicating with him. All they did was react to their pathway being blocked.

"Where is my breakfast? My smokes? Im hungry" the man said. "I also like to read the paper when im taking a shit" he added with a nervous laugh. The faceless people did not respond, only remained frozen in front of him.

Thats when it hit him...from behind....he was so busy talking and trying to get their attention that he did not hear the small vehicle coming up behind him. It hit him so hard he flew into the conveyor belt and lay there stunned as the conveyor line with him on it disappeared into a hot and dark smoke filled tunnel and just as the whistle blew really loud the cold sticky substance was all over him....

She ran her fingers through his hair and kissed him on the forehead, then she asked him what he wanted for breakfast. He really could care less about that...he could just stare into her eyes for eternity and that would be enough. She got up out of bed and he called out to her, "baby, please don't go, just stay a while longer" she smiled and turned around but then the phone began to ring very loudly and there was a knock at the door...

:applaud: Awesome! You should make this into a book. I'd seriously buy it.

this is it boys

She chose to answer the door, and to no suprise she saw two large figures standing in the doorway, one of which had a cellphone to his ear that he put away upon her opening the door. She had seen them before, one of them a decorated military officer, the other a well dressed government "official" of some sort. Both of them middle aged and rather spooky. "We'd like to talk" they said "is he here?" she looked past them and saw several dark SUV's out in the street with dark tinted glass. Before she could invite them inside, he appeared from the bedroom putting on his coat and he kissed her on the cheek, assuring her "everything will be fine baby, i will be right back." He went out the door with the two figures and as she watched them walk away towards the big dark SUV's, the figures did not speak but they glanced back at her with disturbing eyes...

He was slowly beginning to come too, his vision very blurry and his mind hazy, he was overly medicated and equally disoriented. Slowly he began to make out several of the faceless people hovering over him in a dimly lit room of some type. He was very cold and eventually he would discover that he was lying in some type of bed with several blankets on top of him. The faceless people had rescued him off of the conveyor line that was used to chemically clean exotic metals before sending them off to a testing booth to determine if they would be part of a super top secret government program. This probably wasn't meant for his eyes, though he was in pretty deep.

As he began to focus he called out to the faceless people "where am i? who are you" and his own words echoed in his head as much as they did around the room. The faceless people did not communicate in spoken words but he could hear their thoughts and he wasn't sure what to make of it. He tried to sit up in the bed but he became very dizzy and fell back down almost immediately. As he lay there he looked across the room at a large window where he could see intense fire in the skies outside. His vision was beginning to get fuzzy again, but he was sure he saw fireballs streaking across the sky. Then he noticed the faceless people attaching something to his IV...it would be the last thing he noticed for a while as he began to drift off into space again...

The convoy of SUV's finally came to a stop out in the country off the main road where nobody was around. The Government Official broke the silence when he addressed the man "we are very well aware of your work with the university, we are very impressed with your studies. You are very bright for such a young age." Then the military officer took his turn "you must realize the severity of this situation that we are up against, since you have been remote viewing and have discovered our interest in that particular program. This is a time when our country really needs people like you..."

He looked out the window of the SUV, where the driver and one of the soldiers were standing out in the field smoking a cigarette and keeping a watchful eye on their surroundings, as they had been trained to do. His thoughts led to his beautiful bride to be, the artist who really wasn't very trusting of the government in general. She was the entire world to him, all of this university crap he could take it or leave it. And this saving the world BS...that was not really for him. He gave up the hero shit when he broke his collarbone his senior year in high school and had to quit the football team.

The government official put his hand on the man's knee, which suprised him, "look son, you could have a very lucrative and prestigious career in front of you." The official then took off his dark sunglasses and looked the man in the eye "and even if she dosn't like us, or what we represent, at least she could appreciate everything we- or actually you- would be able to give to her. Think of her future, think of your children's future, you want to have a nice big backyard someday and a little boy to play catch with don't you?" The words began to sink into him as he stared deep into the steel eyes of the govt official "You want her to have a safe world to raise your children in, don't you?" And the military officer leaned forward "thats all we are really trying to accomplish here, make the world safer for our children, yours and ours..think about it"

"safer my ass" he thought to himself....

not the colonels recipe

Back home at the little rent house near the University, the man watched the convoy of SUV's began to pull away from the curbside where they had let him out. They stopped briefly to lower the window and the military officer called out to him with a wave of his hand "Son, don't forget about us" he said, and with that they disappeared down the street into the fall day with leaves blowing up off the street amidst their passing.

Later on several friends of the young man and his better half would arrive for a cookout on the grill, some outdoor games, and the main event which would be the University football game on tv. The guys were all out in the field throwing the football around and tackling each other, while trying not to spill their beers. The girls were gathered around the front porch talking about the stupid things the guys were doing, among other things.

As the sun began to set the girls would call out to the boys to remind them that it was near game time. The guys just needed a few more plays to settle the score, so they decided to play just a bit longer. Just as the man made a really difficult catch he looked toward the park, which is the direction he would run, and he thought he saw his cousin standing under a big tree looking out at him. About that time he got tackled and went down face first into the dirt. By the time he got up, the image of his cousin was gone. He was ready to go inside the house now and watch the game.

His cousin had joined the military shortly after the war had begun, and his cousin had joined a rather elite unit and would not speak of his whereabouts or any of his missions. His cousin had also not been heard of from any of the family members for some time. Even the military officer and the government official who he had met with earlier would not confirm his location, citing only that "he was hard at work fighting for the safety and security of his country". While he would not admit this to anyone, the man feared that his cousin had disappeared like so many others had before him. The fact that the government was so secretive about this entire operation only added fuel to the fire. It also did not help that he was having these strange dreams, or that he would occasionally "see" his cousin in these random places, or that he often heard strange noises in the middle of the night.

After the ballgame the guests all went back outside and had a few more drinks before they decided to call it a night. She would go inside and take a bath and then get ready for bed while he decided to stay outside for a little while longer. He told her he would be in shortly. After he was sure that she had started her bath, he grabbed a couple of fresh beers and headed off across the street into the park, where he thought he saw his cousin earlier. He walked a couple hundred meters before coming to rest on a picnic table. He would recall his childhood growing up with his cousin, who had came to live with him at a young age after his own parents had died. They had been very close, like brothers, and remained very close until the day his cousin had enlisted to go into the military. "This one's for you cuz" he said as he opened the last beer and finished it off in one gulp. He then layed down on top of the table for a few seconds of rest. He only had his eyes shut for a minute, or so it seemed, but when he woke up there was a rustling in the leaves near the edge of the tree line. He looked around to see several dark robed figures approaching. As he sat upright they stopped moving, hiding behind trees for camoflague. For a few seconds he froze, and then as he gathered his strength he jumped up from the table and began running as fast as he could back towards the house. He could hear them running behind him and he glanced back to see at least a dozen of the dark robed figures gaining on him, he would have to run faster. After what seemed like an eternity he finally made it to the house, opened the door, and before he could close the door behind him he realized that they were no longer chasing him. In fact they were nowhere to be seen. They had somehow vanished as quickly as they appeared.

Apparently this day had done all it could for him, so he crawled into bed into her arms where he knew he was safe. Morning came all too soon, and she got up to fix breakfast, careful not to disturb him. She knew he would want eggs, bacon, and toast to help get him going on this day after and she knew he liked the aroma of frying bacon to wake him up. As she warmed up the skillet she cracked open the first egg and to her suprise there was nothing inside of it, not even the yolk. This is odd, she thought to herself, so she cracked open a second egg, only to find blood and a dead little chick. She opened up the fridge and to her horror, the remaining eggs were beginning to crack open and little baby chicks were emerging, crying out at her. She screamed and ran into the bedroom to wake him up, and there was no response. Desperate, she began to shake him but he still did not respond....

autumn

The young man walked carefully through the cemetery, as if not to disturb anyone as he stepped over and around various headstones. There was a bit of fog rising over the large pond where he would eventually meet up with his cousin. They had been here before. They sat on the bank looking out into the pond, casually sipping on a can of beer and sharing a smoke.

Cousin finally broke the silence with a simple "im leaving tomorrow" and a look that the young man knew needed no explanation. He looked back towards the cemetery and he wondered aloud "its funny, you know, sooner or later we'll all be back here for good". Cousin thought about it for a while and then asked him "does she know?" He really wasn't sure if she did or not, though she was probably onto them he figured. "i don't know" he replied, "but don't worry about it". They went on a while longer in silence much like the times they would come out here as kids. Cousin would eventually stand up and pull a bag out of his jacket and give it to the young man. He said he had to go, but he wanted the man to safeguard it. The man looked at Cousin "when will i see you again?" he asked as cousin began to walk away. Cousin stopped and turned around halfway to answer, with his head down "i don't know, but we will meet in the desert. Bring the bag with you...."

With that cousin walked away in the fog and disappeared and the young man sat there for a bit wondering what he should do with the bag. He knew what the contents were, they had been here before. He decided to put the bag into his pants pocket and he slowly headed back through the cemetery and through the woods.

Finally he made it through the woods back to his fathers neighborhood, which was full of nice homes with rooftops rising out of the treetops like mountain ranges. They were having a party tonight so he would stop in and pay a little visit, even though he wasn't dressed for the occasion. Around his fathers large estate there were dozens of expensive cars parked and there were plenty of guards roaming around the grounds to make sure the place was secure. He hopped the wall surrounding the property, like he'd done a hundered times as a kid, and snuck in from the back. An MP who was on patrol in the back yard spotted him and dragged him inside the guest house while others were alerted. Finally they escorted the military officer into the guest house to see him. The military officer stood over him and shook his head, "son....what are you doing" he asked in disgust. The young man remained silent at first, but then he seemed to come alive "Dad, i spoke to cousin earlier. He's fine. He had to go away but he wants us to meet him.." Before he could finish his sentence the military officer grabbed his son and shoved him up against the wall "Listen to me son, we've been through this before, you did not see your cousin.........he's not coming back....get it through you head he's not EVER coming back okay?" and he released the young man and turned away, letting him fall down to the floor. After a long silence he turned back to him and said "we have a party going on, i dont think you are in any shape to attend though. You can stay here for now. Oh, she called and wants to see you by the way, you will want to wait until morning to call her back because you are in no shape to see her now". With that his father turned and left the guest house and his son sitting on the floor.

Eventually the man would reach into his pants pocket and pull out the bag his cousing gave him, grabbing a needle from the bag and sticking it into his arm. In a few moments he felt fine and he stepped out into morning sunshine without a care in the world. He noticed the leaves had fallen and the trees were bare. He would try and count all of the leaves, only to be overwhelmed by the size and weight of them all. Finally he understood how the trees felt...

meanwhile, back at the ranch

The night sky was lit up like armageddon as the convoy of suv's raced across the desert floor. An intense battle was raging on between the forces of the civilized world and the forces unseen. Lightning bolts shot down from the heavens to destroy the army below. The dark robed figures on the ground collected the defeated army and marched the squads of faceless people into massive staging areas where they would await certain execution. The chambers where they would be destroyed were small outposts with a control room and an exhaust outlet. Once in progress, a red warning light would signal the execution chamber was in use. The faceless people would enter the death chambers alive but afterwards only their bones would be left to prove their existence. Their bones would filter out the exhaust tube and would be scattered out onto the sand like a trail of crumbs.

The convoy of suv's made it to the secret underground entrance and descended into the depths of the earth. The military officer and his entourage made their way to the medical facility where his son was hooked up to various instruments and tubes. As the officer entered the room, the faceless people tending to his care moved aside so that he could see for himself.

The officer put his hand on his son and began to speak to him softly. The man awoke briefly to see his father staring down at him. He really could not understand what was said, but he would try. His father asked him "tell us what you know, son, we must know everything". The man looked around the room at the faceless people, the military entourage, and then his father. He could barely whisper "you must stop fighting" his eyes fell to the floor where he saw one of the faceless people had a tail and the legs of a horse. "Father listen to me...stop fighting...you cannot win this one" he gasped. He was beginning to fade away, as he looked at his fathers eyes he saw desperation, past his father in the corner of the room he saw his cousin..."death is only a dream...anyway..its only a stepping stone in the pathway of ......."

He could not complete his thoughts, he drifted back off into unconsciousness. The faceless people would tend to his medical care as his overall condition grew worse. His father stepped back from the bed in deep thought, then turned to his staff and off they went into the giant underworld while the unknown went off over their heads...

love thy neighbor

"Who are we to say who is wrong and who is right? Who are we to chose if our cause is more just than that of our neighbors? Why must we take up arms against those who are different than us and cut them down in the name of the father?" The preacher roared as he slammed his fist down on the podium and his voice filled the rafters in the high old church ceiling. Mother smiled approvingly while father looked uncomfortable and checked his watch to see if they were missing the start of the game. Cousin and the young man looked a bit confused at the sermon, because some of this was contradictory to what their father had taught them. Then again father was an up and coming military officer, who was well respected among the ranks. He did not need the money thanks to a big inheritance but his service was something he did out of pride, honor, and duty. Father always talked about leading troops into battle, for the greater good, and how it would be the greatest honor if he was called upon to do such a thing.

The preacher continued "Surely we are taking a lot for granted, if we assume that he would approve of our actions? Some men on this earth think they know God better than God himself, and they act accordingly". The young man and his cousin exchanged glances. "Blessed are the peacemakers...Blessed are the peace...makers. I guess there's no fun in that. There's no money in that either, now is there? You tell me! Tell me where is the money in spreading peace? No big government contracts to the makers of the latest high tech bombs that can be fired from...from...OUTER SPACE! They'll never even know what hit EM!" The preacher paced the floor "and the good guys will be home in time for dinner while the so called bad guys will be pulling their children from out underneath the rubble. This is good for business though, for everytime we do this we are further securing our children's future. Every school we bomb, every church, LIKE THIS ONE, we accidentally target, every hospital, wedding, factory, all of this so called collateral damage leaves behind not just a pile of rubble and bodies, but witnesses. And these witnesses will grow up to hate us even more than their fathers before them, many of them whom we have killed. It's good for business, for our country and our contractors. Your children will have a great life building faster, smarter bombs guaranteed to kill the children of those who disagree with them."

After the service was over the preacher bid his congregation farewell as they exited the church, Mother told him the sermon was "brilliant" while father ducked past without so much as a word. Cousin followed father's lead and brushed past the preacher while the young man smiled politely but felt conflicted inside.

The car ride home was mostly silent. The young boys stared out the windows of the minivan while father had the radio tuned into the local sports station where his favorite NFL team who was about to take the field. Finally mother made the comment "i think the sermon today was one of the better ones" she said as she smiled at father. All father would do is grumble under his breath about how "its a bunch of bullshit" and "he could have cut it short a few minutes so we wouldn't miss kickoff". Cousin was looking out the window at the large homes on big wooded lots when the young man whispered into his ear "do we really bomb innocent people and kill babies"? At this point cousin turned to him and punched him in the stomach to which the young man lost his breath for a moment. Father looked into the rear view mirror, catching the entire exchange but said nothing, just stared at the young man with determined eyes. Some day he was going to have to teach that boy not to be such a pussy and to grow up right, like his cousin.

They were almost home when the young man noticed a moving van a few houses down the street. There was a family there looking at their new home when mother told father to wave at the new people. Father took one look at them and muttered under his breath something about "they looked like a bunch of hippies, probably fit in well at the church" to which mother told him not to be so judgemental of people he did not know. The young man noticed they had a daughter about his age, who was staring at the minivan as it coasted by. There was something about her that he found very appealing...he would have to go and introduce himself to her.....

4th and goal

"I'm praying for you son" his father's words echoed in the young man's head as he called out the plays to his offense. The young man gave a knowing glance to his cousin, and then with a quick look at the hungry defense staring him down he signaled for the ball and backed up with the intention of delivering a game winning strike to cousin. The clock was ticking and they were down 4 points so they had to score a TD on this play for the win. Before he could do anything the Defense came on the blitz and delivered him a crushing blow, sending him to the field in lifeless heap. He would not wake up again until he was in the hospital, where he would learn that not only did his team lose the game with his sack but also his season was over due to injuries.

His parents and his cousin left him in the hospital where he would stay overnight for observation. He had a concussion and a broken collarbone, he was in some pain but when she walked in the room all he could do was smile. "So what did you think of the game" he asked the neighbor girl from down the street. She smiled back and told him she was glad his football days were done, maybe he would pursue his interest in science now. He agreed as he reached out and grabbed her hand, looking into her eyes he saw the reflection of his idea of heaven. Sure was a better sight than the locker room he had been used to the last few years.

He knew from this moment that he wanted to marry the girl from down the street. His mother adored her and his cousin would tell him that "she was hot". Cousin didn't do serious relationships like the young man did. Cousin's idea of a serious relationship was generally summed up as "dude, she is seriously hot" or "bro, i seriously want to bang her, seriously". But the young man knew love when he looked it in the face, or when it stared back at him. Nothing else mattered.

She kissed him on the forehead and left him for a while as other teammates came and visited him. Eventually the preacher from their church would stop in as well. The preacher would try and comfort him and tell him that "God must have had another plan for a young man of his talents". He laughed and told the preacher he was very interested in pursuing science and maybe finding a cure for some awful disease. The preacher sat back on the corner of the bed and stared off into space. "You are a lot more like your mother than your father, aren't you?" The young man nodded. "Your father, with all of his wealth, and he chose to be in the military.....does not make sense really". The young man told the preacher that father wanted to serve his country and lead troops into battle if called to do so. The preacher then figured aloud that his father "was the kind of guy who had enough money to get into politics and dictate policy, but he had the determination and drive to actually be one of those guys on the ground who personally carries it out instead". They both shared a laugh over that one. Then they both figured that one day father would retire from the military, and then turn to politics where he could dictate the policy he used to enforce. "What about your cousin, your fathers' shadow, what does he want to do after school?" preacher asked him. The young man stared at the wall for a moment, visions of his cousin following his mother and father out of the room. "I think he wants to be a pilot" he said "in the military..."

"I see" the preacher said as he stood up and put on his coat. He placed a bible next to the bed and he put his hand on the young man's and he told him with a smile "just remember, God will always be with you, no matter what. All you have to do is ask and God will be there, walking with you and protecting you. You might not see him, but he is right there with you. He will carry you when you are too tired to walk, he will comfort you when you are sad or afraid, he will provide warmth for you when you are cold. Just ask him and he will be there." The preacher smiled and started to exit the room, then he turned around and looked at the young man one more time. "Don't forget what i said, he will be there for you always" and with that he quietly left the hospital room....

the wind and the rain

Smoke rose from the chimneys of the big houses in the young man's neighborhood on this chilly winter night while most people slept. But unlike most people, the young man sat outside his fathers house unable to sleep and unable to grasp reality. He hurt all over, inside and out, and his was desperate for some relief that only his cousin could provide. If only he could find his cousin.

He took to walking, as he usually did, when the anguish inside was too much to bear. His skin was crawling and he could see the eyes of a thousand faces looking back at him with every step he took. It seems as though pain was the only pathway that lead away from pain, and darkness was the only time he could see. He continued to walk down the street, past her house, which had burned down to the ground a few weeks before. He called out her name and fell to his knees sobbing and praying for mercy and release. Then he felt a hand on his shoulder, it was his cousin who appeared for him just in the nick of time. Cousin knew he couldn't take away the pain or the sorrow, but he could fill the gap for a spell. It might only be the calm before the storm but he was willing to dish on the calm even if it mean he would serve a thousand storms.

Once he stuck the needle into his arm, he went down on his knees again, only this time he would come back to his feet and his eyes would glow with thoughts of beautiful warm places beneath all of the tears. He put his arm around cousin and wiped away the pain. Together they shared a cigarette and a bottle of whiskey was at the ready for when the road would become rocky once again. They walked for hours and talked about the good old days when life was easy and time was their friend.

Eventually they came across a park bench outside of the university and they would sit for a while under the darkness. They might give a smoke to a straggler in need or offer some words of advice on where the lost soul could find whatever else they might desire. Thunder from beyond announced the passing of the Travelers overhead and obscured by clouds. All they could see was swirling lights beyond the clouds and dark shapes within the lights as the Travelers headed towards the distant hill country. The young man got up from the bench insistent on following the Travelers but cousin had always advised him before that he wasn't ready. "Now can we go?.." he asked as he turned towards where cousin was sitting. But cousin was no where to be found, instead the Holy Figure himself was sitting on that bench next to where the young man had just gotten up.

The Holy Figure was warm and invoked love and eternal joy, he invited the young man to sit down beside him with the gesture of his hand. The young man began to feel empty and ashamed, and he began to sob once again. "There is no need for sorrow, my son" the Holy Figure said to him. He stood up and approached the young man, "i am here for you, always, all you have to do is open up your heart and let me in." The young man looked up at the Holy Figure and suddenly became defensive "OH Really? Do you know my pain?" Then he rolled up his sleeves and showed the Holy Figure the track marks on his arms..."is this what is supposed to happen when you open up your heart and let someone in?? IS IT??" The Holy Figure pulled up the sleeves of his robes and showed the young man his hands which bore scars of a different kind, and without words he smiled at him in a way that said he understood.

The young man looked through his pants cargo pocket until he found the bag containing the magic potions and once again he stuck a needle into his arm, trying to erase the guilt and the anxiety. He looked around for his cousin but all he saw was the Holy Figure in front of him, still standing. He then offered up the needle to the Holy Figure, who still smiling, did not take him up on his offer.

"Get away from me" he cried out "GO AWAY!" And with that the young man began to run towards the park until he came upon the realization that he was tired of running. He looked back towards the direction of the bench to take another look at the Holy Figure, however the Holy Figure was gone and instead he saw several dark robed figures approaching. He then took off running through the park when he noticed there was a church over across the street that offered shelter from the cold and the rain so he went to the door and found it open. Once inside he secured the door and then entered the cathedral where he would find his cousin sitting in the back pew of the church, sipping from the bottle of whiskey. His cousin passed the bottle to him and they would share several sips and eventually a cigarette.

Lightning outside cast eerie reflections throughout the stained glass windows of the otherwise dark church. The sounds of the dark robed figures mulling around outside like cattle meant they would be in here for a while. Confused, the young man really did not know what to say. But he wanted to know when he could go and visit the Travelers. He asked his cousin who did not immediately answer, only stared off into the darkness. Finally his cousin would speak "we must go to the desert...first....you are not ready to meet the Travelers just yet" The young man nodded his head even though he didn't quite understand. Cousin sensed his anxiety but he could not reveal to him all that he knew. All he could offer was a few crumbs... "It will all make sense very soon, i promise you...all of your questions will soon be answered...."

hurt

"Dad called today" the young man said to his cousin as he floated around the pool perfecting his tan. "I didn't get to talk to him but he left a message on my voicemail. He said that the war was going great, and he didn't know when he was coming back. He said to tell you hi." Cousin smirked behind his designer shades, gazing off into the deep blue from his place in the pool as he too was working on his tan for a party they would both attend later on in the evening. The guys had the big house to themselves, including the large pool, the loaded wet bar, and the high performance garage. Father was off fighting the war and mother was away on a trip. The weather was perfect and these two felt like a million bucks. This was going to be a weekend they would remember for the rest of their lives.

Both of the boys were ready to go, dressed up like the cover of GQ as they stood in the 4 bay garage trying to decide between the young man's convertible vette, cousin's Land Rover, mothers Mercedes, or fathers' 911 Turbo. Given the scale of the party they were going to they might as well have rented a Lambo, so they decided to go with father's 911 Turbo. They blasted off into the evening at dusk, through the little town they went and up across Mystery Mountain before they came down into the city. Their destination would be the downtown plaza energy center, where father was a club member. Tonight's party would be atop the energy center, which was a 50 story complex, needless to say it was a long elevator ride. However, if one had privilege like the young boys did, they could ride one of the helicopters up to the rooftop and save the waiting for the elevator. As the boys ascended to the rooftop via whirlybirds the young man did a line of coke to prepare himself for the grand entrance. Cousin looked on with a smirk behind his fancy sunglasses while a local NBA player seated next to them pretended not to notice.

Once inside the penthouse party in the high rise, the boys worked the crowd like seasoned professionals, sampling drinks and flirting with every female they came into contact with. Occasionally they would stop to chit chat with local CEOs of this and that who knew their father and also pose for pictures with everything from the semi-famous to the full blown A Lister's who happened to be in town for the weekend. After they had a few drinks in them, they boys retreated to the outside balcony to fine tune their strategy. The young man was excited that he had gotten the phone number of a very talented up and coming pop singer who was in town on tour, Cousin bragged that he already had 7 "count them" offers for a blow job and they had only been there an hour!

"Let me have the number" cousin said of the pop singer. "Why" the young man asked as he handed it over. Cousin figured that the young man would never call her anyway because he was whipped and going to marry the girl down the street. He smiled and said "watch me, you'll see little boy" as he started to focus in on the pop singer. Standing next to the pop singer was someone that looked very out of place in all of the glamour and plastic, cousin noticed that the tall creepy looking guy was staring back at him. "Hey who is that bro, is that her bodyguard?" He asked the young man. "Who?" the young man asked. "The big indian guy standing next to her?" The young man looked at her for a few seconds, returned her wave, and then responded "what indian, what are you talking about?" Cousin found this odd, because the large indian was standing right next to her and he had a look in his eyes that sent fear deep into the soul of cousin. "I'm going to go and get another drink" cousin said and wandered off just as the local college football coach approached the young man and greeted him "hey there good to see you again son! I'm so sorry about your injury, but hey it looks like you have healed up fine..."

Cousin weaved through the crowd towards the pop singer and as he approached her he could no longer see the big indian guy. He reached her and she smiled and said hello, he responded with "where is that big indian guy that was with you?" she looked somewhat confused and tipsy and she said "who...the lone ranger?" Cousin smiled politely as he tried to explain "the lone ranger was...the lone ranger...i think you mean Tonto." The pop singer took a sip of her drink and smiled while her friends giggled "okay....so Tonto...and i guess I'm supposed to be pocahontas?" With that all of the girls erupted in laughter, a somewhat embarrassed cousin excused himself and found the restroom where he would splash cold water onto his face and then go for another drink. He made his way out onto the balcony again to see the young man surrounded by the mayor and the governor's son, he stayed off to himself and looked out over the city at the spectacular view.

Then he heard the voice from behind him that scared him so badly he almost dropped his drink over the balcony "Long way down, isn't it?" the voice boomed. He spun around expecting to see Darth Vader in the flesh and he found himself looking up at the big indian who was smiling down at him. He backed up until he was against the railing and he could back up no further. "Careful..you could fall" the indian said as he grabbed cousin by the arm and pulled him away from the edge. "We wouldn't want that...now would we?" the indian said with a half smile. Cousin was speechless, and for the first time in his young adult life, afraid. "It's funny" the indian man said "my people fought wars out of necessity, food, survival....not because we wanted to. Your people, on the other hand, your people fight wars so you can come to these big fancy parties and brag about it, then you go home with the pussy."

"Look mister, i don't know what the problem is but I'm not here to cause any trouble" cousin said. "I know" the indian man responded as he looked out at the city lights down below. "Unfortunately for you, your luck is about to change" he said as he sipped on a glass of beer and lit a pipe he had carried in his pocket. "Just remember, when the time comes you will have several options, do not take the easy road because you will leave unfinished business behind. Don't take the beaten path....you must carry your burden as well as that of those around you....only when you have accomplished this can you finally find peace." The indian blew smoke into cousin's face and patted him on the arm as he turned away from him and walked back into the room and disappeared.

"What are you doing?" the young man asked as he found cousin standing in the corner of the balcony looking rather confused. "Are you okay?" he asked him. Cousin really did not know what to say, he just looked at the young man and he wanted to tell him something but couldn't find the words. "Look at this shit" the young man held up his phone "4 missed calls, all from her" he said. The young man grabbed cousin by the arm and led him back into the party where they would continue to sample all the town had to offer them on a silver platter.

It was early in the morning when they were making their way home. The sun was just beginning to come up over the horizon, the young man was too drunk to drive so he had given the keys to his fathers sports car over to cousin who was a little bit better. Cousin's mind drifted back to the events of the night and the mysterious indian's comments as they crossed over Mystery Mountain and began winding down the challenging curvy roads. For a split second he failed to recognize the road sign that signaled a sharp curve and they almost missed the curve, at the last second he let off the accelerator, downshifted, and steered the car through the tight curve at generous speed. It was enough to make the young man wake up in the passenger seat. "Good thing we drove the Porsche or would have never made that" cousin laughed. The young man fell back asleep and cousin wiped the sweat from his brow with a sigh of relief. They came around the next corner when he noticed something in the road, it was probably a deer but they were right on top of it before his reaction time kicked in. Cousin hit the brakes hard and tried to miss whatever the object was standing there. The car swerved off the road and slammed into a large tree that was down a slight embankment. Both airbags deployed instantly and the car began to smoke as both of the boys were pinned inside the sports car, unconscious. The large indian man walked over towards the car and leaned inside surveying the damage. He carefully placed a small bag in cousin's lap and then he placed something in the young man's pocket. He recited a couple of verses in his native language and sprinkled sand over the boys and threw some up into the air. Then slowly he turned away and walked back into the woods...

perro blanco se encuentra el diablo

Father paced around the study drinking his whiskey, occasionally looking through old photo albums of the family he missed and reflections of a time that he could never get back. Everything was different now, he had taken an early retirement from the military in light of everything that had happened. He wished he would have done that sooner rather than later. The holidays were going to be difficult for him. For now he would pour another glass of whiskey and pace around his large house praying he could sleep free from demons.

Eventually he woke up in his favorite chair, whiskey glass still in hand and empty, and he decided to go back up to bed. On the way upstairs he would notice the cat and dog were sniffing around the presents under the big Christmas tree. He unplugged the tree lights and brushed the animals away with a few words under his breath and he staggered up the stairs to his wife. She would appreciate his presence this year, even if he was drinking a lot and struggling to keep himself occupied.

Morning came and they woke up and decided to open the gifts they had bought for each other. On the way downstairs the father passed by the cousins room briefly, he put his hand on the door and started to turn the knob and then he stopped, and quickly walked away from the door. He paused again in front of the young man's room where he could hear child like sounds coming from behind the door. He opened the door partially and saw the young man sitting on the bed with his back facing the door. "Son, we would like to open gifts now, won't you come and join us?" The young man remained silent and did not even acknowledge his father. Father backed out of the room closing the door, and he went on downstairs to join mother.

He noticed a strange smell as he came down the large staircase, mother commented on it as well as she sat in the family room near the big tree full of presents. Mother served up coffee and father grabbed a couple of presents from under the tree, brushing away the animals who were waiting intently. Mother opened her present first, as father contemplated sneaking off "to use the bathroom" when he really wanted to go sneak a few shots of whiskey to help take the edge off. When mother opened her present she sat there silently staring inside the box the young man had made for her the night before, with a horrified look on her face. Father didn't seem to notice as he unwrapped his foul smelling present, which to his own horror, contained several dead fish that were beginning to decay after having been under the tree all night.

"What the hell is this...?" he threw the box down on the floor and then he noticed mother staring down at her present with her mouth open, speechless. In the box on her lap were several very thin bloody strips of skin each made into a cross, along with a few pieces of flesh, soaked in blood. He grabbed the box from her pale hands and covered it up and ran out of the room. The seasoned battle veteran made it to the kitchen sink before he threw up several times. He felt very weak and lightheaded. Soon he would regain his composure, and his anger began to overshadow his fear and concern. He ran back through the house, past mother, up the stairs through the hallway to young man's room.

He threw open the door to his son's bedroom, where he heard distant singing "Jesus loves the little children, all the children of the world..." He walked cautiously into the room and noticed blood on carpet and needles laying on the bed. He followed a trail of blood toward the young man's bathroom where he found the door locked. "OPEN THE FUCKING DOOR!!" he screamed as he tried to twist the handle again. "Jesus loves me yes i know...for the bible tells me so..." the young man sang from inside the bathroom. Father continued to beat on the door until he was finally able to bust it open and rush inside the bathroom. Once inside the horrified father broke down and fell to his knees at a sight so terrible he thought he was back on the battlefield. Everywhere he looked he saw blood on the bathroom floor with scattered pieces of skin and flesh and a couple of his large military knives laying around. The large tub was full of bloody water where he found his son's body...

Back
Top Bottom