All of Mrs. Garrison's stories HERE

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yo Mrs Garrison. Is it true that U2 are playing at a place called the Gaylord Stadium? (sniggers)

You I just had to laugh at you title:lol: I'm a zoo tech student and you have no idea how many time we get asked questions like that or one I really love lately look at the red gorilla when its an orangutan:doh:

You're pics look great glad you had a good time, isn't it awesome to hear the lions roar in person I know I love it when I hear it as well as tigers and what not.

The zoo here is knowen for its giraffe population the biggest one in the US they breed them and give them to other zoos and what not but I wish they would stop we have to many at the moment I love giraffes but its like they never stop mating.

Waynetravis if they heard it that would be one sick rhino makes me think of a movie ice age I think it was when the mammoth thought some animal was another mammoth but it was an animal going the bathroom.

Now that made me think of this clip it might not be animal taking a dump in the forest but its still funny I think also explain what swain flu really is:sexywink:
YouTube - Dinosaur Fart

Nice video! :applaud:

Hey thats cool that you are a zoo tech....before sunday the last time i had been to any zoo was in Colorado Springs back in 94! Honestly i dont remember much except it seemed like it was up in the mountains sort of and you had a really nice view, and it was really nice up there. I seem to remember a really big tiger...thats about it because we didnt stay for a real long time for whatever reason. I was visiting my sister and she was stationed at Ft Carson. That was a beautiful place!

Yo Mrs Garrison. Is it true that U2 are playing at a place called the Gaylord Stadium? (sniggers)

Of course its true, well, its actually Gaylord Family Memorial Stadium and its also known by its previous name Owen Field. But the Gaylord family (who owns half of the country it seems) donated a shitload of money to OU which in turn paid for the massive stadium renevation a few years back, so they re-named the stadium after them.

But yeah, dont think people here in the Bible belt dont scratch their heads a bit with a name like Gaylord is one of the most prominent around. I guess its just one of those funny things...:D

Kind of like there used to be a Pontiac Dealership in Texas, "Gay Pontiac" in the town of "Dickinson Texas". Say that really s l o w l y :ohmy:

Nice video! :applaud:

Hey thats cool that you are a zoo tech....before sunday the last time i had been to any zoo was in Colorado Springs back in 94! Honestly i dont remember much except it seemed like it was up in the mountains sort of and you had a really nice view, and it was really nice up there. I seem to remember a really big tiger...thats about it because we didnt stay for a real long time for whatever reason. I was visiting my sister and she was stationed at Ft Carson. That was a beautiful place!

Thank you, that would be Cheyenne Mountain Zoo, I volunteer there a lot as well as do a lot of my studies there with the zoo tech program, from my understanding we're the only zoo in the mountains in The US, I think it's pretty cool, they have changed a lot starting to get rid of the old cages and giving the animals brand new exhibits and more room and everything. They still need to work on the old monkey house which use to be the old cat house back in the 90's might be where you saw the tiger at and fix the elephant exhibit they just built a brand new exhibit which is very beautiful its called the Rocky Mountain Exhibit we got some new grizzlies, a moose, and few other new critters. Its pretty cool to check out. It is pretty beautiful up there, only thing I don't like is the up hill walk its a pain at time.

Glad you liked the video that video always makes me laugh one of my favorites :)

i seem to remember something about a long walk up there....like they had several levels of exhibits because it was in the mountains...or something like that.

Feel free to post pictures sometime if you want to, or if you dont mind. Im sure we'd love to see them.

:up::up:

Heres one of our baby giraffes I called him peanut I dont remember what they named him sadly he got transfered to another zoo
babyGriaffe.jpg

I went to the Memphis Zoo a few years back, it was awesome. They had pandas and it was so clean and beautiful. I went to the Roger Williams Zoo a month ago- it was ok, nothing like Memphis. Some day I'd love to make it to the San Diego Zoo.

San Diego Zoo is one of my dream zoos to work at or at lest internship there. I also love Cininatti Zoo in Ohio was the first zoo I went to that was all open. I fell in love there with the manatee there who also fell in love with me lol kept coming to me at the glass and giving me kisses then when I left he went to his own corner and stayed there, guess he was in love:lol:.

I may have pictures from there as well, I'm still uploading and Im in class right now so I have to wait until I get home tonight. I have alot of animal pictures on my computer I can see what I can upload is you're interested :)

Anywhere I can go and enjoy animals Im the happiest person on the planet and so at peace its like they heal me from the inside out and help me forget all the negative.

I'm huge about tigers I love them all even though the white tiger is my favorite even though they are inbreed sadly to say, I'm also huge on bird of prey and marine animals.

I wish I had pictures when I got to release a redtail hawk back into the wild last fall, I cried cause I always wanted to experience that and to see eagles fly was amazing.

I went to the Memphis Zoo a few years back, it was awesome. They had pandas and it was so clean and beautiful. I went to the Roger Williams Zoo a month ago- it was ok, nothing like Memphis. Some day I'd love to make it to the San Diego Zoo.

we had a red panda but unfortunately i didnt get pics :reject:

next time.

Memphis sounds cool, Sandy Eggo...is that were some idiot got drunk and fell in the tiger exhibit?

San Diego Zoo is one of my dream zoos to work at or at lest internship there. I also love Cininatti Zoo in Ohio was the first zoo I went to that was all open. I fell in love there with the manatee there who also fell in love with me lol kept coming to me at the glass and giving me kisses then when I left he went to his own corner and stayed there, guess he was in love:lol:.

I may have pictures from there as well, I'm still uploading and Im in class right now so I have to wait until I get home tonight. I have alot of animal pictures on my computer I can see what I can upload is you're interested :)

Anywhere I can go and enjoy animals Im the happiest person on the planet and so at peace its like they heal me from the inside out and help me forget all the negative.

I'm huge about tigers I love them all even though the white tiger is my favorite even though they are inbreed sadly to say, I'm also huge on bird of prey and marine animals.

I wish I had pictures when I got to release a redtail hawk back into the wild last fall, I cried cause I always wanted to experience that and to see eagles fly was amazing.

i apprecaite your pics! I especially love the big cats but anything is really cool, heck even anteater is fine :up:

I guess all of God's creatures have their own purpose in life

Sandy Eggo...is that were some idiot got drunk and fell in the tiger exhibit?

I don't know about that but I believe that it's widely regarded as the best zoo in the country. I spent an entire day there two summers ago and it was fantastic. Took a bunch of pictures, but I'm not much of a photog so they didn't turn out great. They had some Pandas there. They have everything. Oh, and the polar bears were complete showmen, doing flips in the water and tossing their little volleyball back and forth. Totally playing to the crowd. The male lions (my favorite!) were busy being the coolest motherfuckers in the animal kingdom and were all asleep on their big fat, lazy asses. it was great.

Male lions are the shit and they know it. Out in the wild they make the women do all the work! When the lioness brings back a kill to the pride, the males wake up long enough to eat the lions share. Then they go back and sleep it off and let the lionesses eat while the cubs fight for scraps.

I love Gibbons as well here is a video of one singing and what not I love how they sound when I volunteered at the zoo I could hear these guys from the bottom of the mountain to the top and I loved it. I also love how they swing the video I found of them swinging isnt the greatest quality but I like how it shows how they do it.
YouTube - Monkeyland: Gibbon Atlas the singing Ape
YouTube - Gibbon

Im also into orangutans I had the opportunity to study them this summer and do observations sadly they are endangered this videos says a lot I think this is a camp in Borno that takes care of orangutans. You have to forgive me with the videos and everything, Im just in love with animals, and I want o be an acitivist for them in hopes in one day to educate people and teach them that animals are so important in this world more then just enjoyment for us
YouTube - Orangutan Fun at Nyaru Menteng

My favorite story babies orangutans become friends with baby tigers
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TySUMRbswkA

So we can post zoo photos in here? Cool, cause I've got about eleventy billion:

n18724182_35810796_1225.jpg

I managed to get this hornbill in flight!

n18724182_35810802_2622.jpg

Are you there, God? It's me, meerkat.

n18724182_35810808_4149.jpg

Malaysian bear

n18724182_35810816_5734.jpg

A Cuban frog disguising itself as a leaf. It was pretty damn awesome.

n18724182_35810821_6534.jpg

Poison Dart Frog

4223_629022711468_18724182_36948121_6968235_n.jpg

Gemsbok

4223_629022731428_18724182_36948124_20550_n.jpg

lazy

4223_629022756378_18724182_36948129_5199647_n.jpg

This was through a drive-through safari

4223_629022836218_18724182_36948144_7710022_n.jpg

Also in the safari

4223_629022861168_18724182_36948149_5778661_n.jpg

I think this is my favorite animal photo. He looks so depressed and emo. Perfection.

4223_629022960968_18724182_36948166_5450294_n.jpg

Blue Macaw sees what you did there.

Tiger Edge I love your photos! That macaw is gorgeous! and I love love love love loooove your Tiger photos particularly the white tiger.

Ditto! I love all the pics and especially the white tiger. That reminds me, somewhere i have a book about white lions in Africa, ive had this books since i was a kid so im sure it is still packed away somewhere. Its a must read, if i could remember the name...

This video speak my heart I'm such an animal lover and want to help them so much.

This video is from Big Cat Rescue which I hope one day to be able to help out at I do warn ya this is a cheer jerker I know it made me cry.
YouTube - Tigers

Here is a slid show of tiger pictures
YouTube - tigers tigers

thanks for the videos. Its really hard to believe anyone could kill a tiger, especially skin it alive. Karma is supposedly a bitch. Really education does go a long ways, hopefully people will realize there is no reason for this nonsense, and that everyone of God's creatures and creations has its place.

Thanks for the inof I will have to check that book out

It is sad I don't understand it either what I always says is man a kind is a greedy "animal" only thinks of itself and nothing else. I hope with my knowledge ad love that I can change some people some is better then nothing

Back
Top Bottom