All of Mrs. Garrison's stories HERE - Page 12 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand
Click Here to Login

Old 02-21-2010, 04:32 PM   #166
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 03:53 PM
Jenny ran as fast as she could through the field, her vision obscured by the dense fog that had blanket the entire country side. Occasionally she would stop running to try and catch her breath until she heard it getting closer behind her, then she would take off in full sprint once again. She could hear it's breathing louder than its pounding footsteps. It was breathing heavy, perhaps strained even, but it still gave chase to her. She continued to run until she basically ran straight into someone whom she did not recognize at first. The collision knocked her down on the ground, and the person she ran into carefully helped her back up on her feet. It was her good friend Brandon. "Oh my god, it is you!" she cried out and gave him a big hug, "are you okay?" she asked him during the embrace. "Shhh!" he cautioned her as they both listened to see if whatever it was that had been chasing her was still coming. Finally he whispered into her ear "you must go away and never come back here, this place is very bad." But Jenny did not understand, so she persisted "why? How can it be a bad place if you are here?" He continued to hold onto her tightly but his voice grew more serious "Jenny please understand, you must go NOW. And you must NEVER return here... EVER!"

Jenny woke up in a cold sweat and looked around her bedroom with frightened eyes. Whatever was chasing her was left in her dream, along with Brandon, who was also nowhere to be found. Slowly she crawled out of bed and began to look around her room till she found her cell phone. Again she checked to see if there were any messages from Brandon. Again she found there was none, so she set the phone down on the dresser top and walked over to her bedroom window which was partially opened. She was still a bit sweaty as she looked out into the dense fog, which was so thick she could barely see the outline of her neighbors house.

Two patrol cars from the Sheriff's Department carefully made their way around the lake road with their emergency lights flashing. They meandered around the curvy country tree lined road until they approached a clearing where Eli's house sat way back on the hill. They entered open gates and drove up the long driveway which came to a circle in font of the huge colonial home. As the Sheriff and his Deputy approached the front entrance, Eli himself appeared at the door and welcomed the men into his home "Sheriff, Deputy good morning and please come inside. May i offer you gentlemen some coffee or tea?" he asked them. He poured them both a cup of coffee and invited them into the parlor to sit down. "Sure is an awful nice place you got here Mister Eli" the Deputy commented as he glanced at the artwork on the high ceilings above him. "Why thank you Deputy" Eli replied "this home has been in my family since....forever" he said with a smile.

The Sheriff took a sip of coffee and paused for a moment, as if searching for the right words, before he would state the purpose of their visit. "Mister Eli, we both want to thank you for seeing us on such short notice. We need to ask you some questions about Dr. Samuel Fields, we understand that you are one of his patients?" "Indeed I am" Eli answered. "Can you tell us when was the last time you saw Dr. Fields?" the deputy asked. Eli sipped his coffee and stared into his cup while he thought about the question, then he looked into the eyes of the deputy and answered him slowly "i believe it was two days ago, one o'clock in the afternoon if I'm not mistaken." The Sheriff clearly wanted back in on the questioning "did he seem alright to you? was there anything strange about him during that particular session?"

Eli sat back in his chair and looked at the two men for a moment without answering. He seemed to have forgotten the question and he had obviously left both of them in suspense. "Gentlemen, might i ask what is your reason for this questioning?" he asked. The Sheriff and Deputy exchanged glances, Sheriff cleared his throat "Eli, i am sorry to be the one to have to tell you this, but you had a noon appointment with Dr. Fields which was over by around 1 PM. Dr. Fields had lunch from 1-2 PM, and his next appointment was at 3PM. His three o'clock appointment found him dead in his office...possibly from a heart attack....we have reason to believe that you were the last person to have seen the good doctor alive." Eli stared at both men in shock for a few moments. "Well isn't that something. Now that you mention it, he was acting a bit strange, the poor fellow. He indicated to me that he did not wish to continue our sessions any longer, which i found a bit peculiar" Eli stared down at the floor "just goes to show, gentlemen, you never know when that day is gonna come for you. We should all be prepared."

The sheriff and deputy both stood up to their feet and placed their coffee cups down on the table. They thanked Eli for his time and were sure to ask him to call if he could think of anything else. As they walked towards the door, the deputy turned back to Eli "it's funny though, his receptionist said the he didn't even like chocolate." The Sheriff glared at the deputy while Eli was curious "excuse me Deputy, what was that?" The deputy fiddled with his hat before putting it back on his head, "oh nothing really, it just that apparently he died of a heart attack while eating chocolate candy, which was a gift from you...wasn't it?" Eli was speechless as he opened the front door for the two men to leave. They bid him goodbye as they walked down the steps towards the circle drive in front of the house. The Sheriff mumbled something to the Deputy about the fog, which was the worst they had seen in 40 years. Eli watched both cars pull out of his driveway and watched them drive off of his property, without saying a word.

Jenny was still distraught over the dream she had about Brandon. Even after her shower she still felt very tense as she paced around the room in her bathrobe. She did not have school or work today, so her mind would not be occupied and she would worry about Brandon every waking moment. Again she checked her cell phone and again there were no messages. She considered going to her family's church and talking with the preacher. Even though it had been some time since she had attended church with her family. Then she noticed the gray business card on her dresser next to her phone, it was the one Eli had given her with his phone number and address on it. He had given it to her one day in the restaurant. He had told her he was a youth pastor, after all, perhaps she would give him a call and ask for his support in this time of need...

Old 03-15-2010, 08:13 PM   #167
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Hailey, who was Jenny's replacement at the restaurant, was leaving town on her way back to see her parents for spring break. It was a beautiful day out with clear blue skies and temperatures in the middle 60's. Hailey had not seen her parents since Christmas break, even though they only lived 70 miles away. She had been busy with school and also her part time job, which she took to replace Jenny who had quit rather abruptly a couple of weeks before spring break. No one at the restaurant had seen or heard from Jenny after that day she came and turned in her key.

Hailey was looking forward to sleeping in her old bed back at mom and dads house, she was also looking forward to eating mom's homemade chicken dumplings and apple pie. She really missed her parents while she was away for school and she treasured the little time she did get to visit them. They would sit on the front porch swing and talk about stuff, listen to the birds and the breeze, and she would play with her old dog Bo until late in the evening.

As she daydreamed over the two lane highway that curved through the trees, Hailey suddenly realized that she must have missed her turn off at State Highway 9 and there was no immediate place to turn around. Soon enough she came upon an old town nestled at the foot of some small hills in the farm valley. She drove through the streets cautiously as she noticed all the town people stared at her as if they knew she was an outsider. Most of them were dressed in clothes of a different era, and most of the people she saw behaved as such too.

Suddenly Hailey slammed on the brakes as an old man dragging a rickety wagon full of plants and seeds came out of nowhere in the road in front of her. Her car made slight contact with the wagon, knocking it and the contents over into the road. She immediately jumped out of her car to help the old man as he stood up and brushed himself off. "Oh my god! Are you okay?" she asked the old man as she offered him a hand, but he jerked away from her not wanting her help. Then the old man looked at his wagon that had flipped over with all of his plants and seed and then he looked back at Hailey with a scorn on his face. "Sir, please let me help you with this" she said as she tried to set the wagon back upright. "NO! DON'T TOUCH THAT!" the old man yelled at her and he stepped in between her and the wagon, pointing his finger at her as his eyes narrowed "You go away from here, YOU SINNER, you HARLOT....WHORE!!" the old man yelled at her. Mothers standing around the street covered their children's ears, while some even covered their children's eyes. Hailey jumped back into her car, upset, and backed up and drove off in the direction in which she had came from.

Eli had noticed the commotion from the window of the diner where he sat drinking coffee and reading the newspaper. He would get up and leave some money on the table and walk outside to try and assess the situation as other locals had also came out from their shops for a look. "Your the devil's child, the bride of SATAN!" the old man exclaimed as Hailey drove away, shaking his fist. Eli walked up behind the old man and put his hand on the old man's shoulder, asking him if he needed any help. The old man turned around and his demeanor quickly changed once he recognized Eli. "Oh no Mister Eli, I'll be just fine, i just have to pick up my things and ill be on my way now" the old man said as he hurried to gather up his wagon and the contents.

"You know" Eli said as he stared down at the ground "you ought not to talk to a young lady that way. I suspect she was just passing through, now you've gone and scared her off for good. Would be a shame if she carried a bad opinion of your kind, now wouldn't it?" Eli looked at the old man who seemed a bit ashamed as he continued to try and fix his wagon. "I'm sorry Mister Eli. Its just...last night something attacked the cattle again...up the way there" the old man said, pointing up the hill, "they also got some chickens too. Coulda been a big cat of some kind, though nobody's ever seen anything that big out here." The old man paused and looked at the mess on the ground, and resumed to pick up some more of the plants, "don't know what kind of animal could do all that damage....its a total slaughter"

"Perhaps it was hungry" Eli said to the old man with a broad smile, "as they say, an eye for an eye..."

Old 03-16-2010, 11:51 PM   #168
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 04:53 PM
*licks lips, groans... "can i have some?"
Old 03-17-2010, 12:23 AM   #169
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 01:53 PM
I haven't read the entire thread but is this the script for the upcoming Tron sequel?
Old 03-18-2010, 03:38 PM   #170
Breakdancing Soul Pilgrim

I don't think it's Tron, no. Seems a bit rural for Tron.

I like the part when that dude called the chick a Whore. This is a good stuff.
Old 03-18-2010, 03:45 PM   #171
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by UberBeaver View Post
I don't think it's Tron, no. Seems a bit rural for Tron.

I like the part when that dude called the chick a Whore. This is a good stuff.
Hits home a little bit?
Old 03-18-2010, 04:37 PM   #172

lil' bit, yeah.
Old 03-18-2010, 04:38 PM   #173
Blue Crack Supplier

Do you want a hug?

Not from me, of course, but, would you like one?
Old 03-18-2010, 04:49 PM   #174

No thanks. I don't like people touching me. I would like more story though.
Old 03-18-2010, 04:53 PM   #175
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by UberBeaver View Post
No thanks. I don't like people touching me. I would like more story though.
I have a friend that does not like to be touched. You'd like her. She has a lot of positive energy inside of her.
Old 03-20-2010, 11:33 PM   #176
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

As she was trying to make her way back to State Highway 9, Hailey began to hear a strange noise coming from her car and it seemed like it handled funny. Unsure of what to do, she pulled off the side of the road into some grass near some mailboxes and a long gravel driveway that disappeared up the hill. Still a bit shaken from her experience in the little town back up the road, she looked around cautiously before she got out to inspect her car. Then she noticed that her passenger side front tire was almost flat. She sat down on the ground, her head in her hands, unsure of what she would do. Things really weren't going her way today, first she had missed the highway turnoff, then the incident in the small town, and now this. She'd never changed a tire before but she wasn't going to let that keep her stranded on the side of the road today. She desperately began to search the trunk of her car for the spare tire, wrench, jack, and instructions on exactly how to perform this task. Then she noticed an old farm truck coming up the road that appeared to be slowing down. She was frightened at first, but as it pulled off of the road and in behind her she was happy and somewhat surprised to see a familiar face. "Well hello there miss, is there something wrong with your car" Eli asked her as he opened the door to the old farm truck and stood up on the floorboard looking over the hood at her. She smiled at him and acknowledged that she had a flat tire. Eli, being the gentleman that he was, immediately jumped down from the old truck and insisted that he help her fix the tire. He'd done this a hundred times before and one more wouldn't hurt, he would tell her with a warm smile.

Jenny felt like she was being watched as she walked through the field on this beautiful spring day. She looked behind her but saw nothing, so she kept on walking. The wind would occasionally blow the tall weeds and overgrown brush and it felt good in the sunlight. She liked the warmth of the sun and the smell of the fields, which to her was the smell of freedom, wandering as far as her legs would take her. Gone were the pressures of work, school, deadlines, and decisions. Those were all other peoples problems now. She wandered over towards the creek she had become quite fond of. It flowed into a large pond and then back out into a little windy reek once again. Then she saw him standing there, at the base of the pond, completely naked and covered in blood. "Brandon..." she called out to the young naked guy who was trying to rinse the blood off of his body with the pond water.

The old man walked out of his front door at dusk with a shotgun and a rusty lantern, he was heading out towards his pasture nestled in between the hills. He was determined not to let his cattle and livestock get slaughtered again by whatever it was that had paid them a deadly visit the night before. And a few nights before that. He had plenty of extra ammo on his person and plenty of time to spare. They had gotten him twice, but this time was his. He walked the long trail back to the barn where he would hide and watch in silence. He was alert for quite a while, as he remained brave and vigilant, he began to reflect on his life and all of the work he had done at the farm.

Out on the little gravel road near the small old town the deputy drove along in his patrol car looking for anything out of the ordinary. He usually didn't patrol out here that much, especially at night, but he wanted to make a sweep out this way due to recent complaints from the local farmers. He parked his car off of the road near some local farms and killed the engine, this would be a good time and place for him to take a short nap. He had gotten comfortable and dozed off when her heard a commotion coming from the direction of the old man's farm. What sounded like some gunshots was followed by someone yelling, and then there was more commotion, the likes of which he could not really describe, and then a lengthy rustling sound in the nearby woods followed by deathly silence. The deputy was actually scared. His night vision had adjusted somewhat but out here it was pitch black with the absence of street lights that he was used to back in the college town. The deputy grabbed his rifle and flashlight and exited the patrol car cautiously, walking in the direction of the commotion....
Old 03-28-2010, 02:58 PM   #177
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 10:53 PM
And so she woke up
Woke up from where she was
Lying still
Said I gotta do something
About where I'm going to

Step on a steam train
Step out of the driving rain, maybe
Run from the darkness in the night
Singing Ha, Ah La La La De Day
Ah La La La De Day
Ah La La De Day
Old 03-28-2010, 03:04 PM   #178
Blue Crack Supplier

This is almost as good as the Adrift Fan Fiction.
Old 03-30-2010, 01:27 PM   #179

This shit is nuts.
Old 04-07-2010, 09:28 PM   #180
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

By the time the deputy had reached the old man's farm, the place was deadly quiet to match the darkness all around. He continued up an old dirt trail towards the barn with caution. As he approached the barn he called out to the old man, shining his flashlight all around with his other hand on his rifle. The only thing he could hear was the rapid beating of his heart as he tried to steady himself to enter the old barn. He thought he heard something over in the woods, but he would tell himself it was only his imagination playing tricks on him. Once inside the barn, he found the old man sitting near the doorway with his shotgun and his lantern, staring at the ground which was littered with empty shotgun shells. The old man said nothing, nor did he make any eye contact with the deputy.

The deputy asked the old man if he was alright, what the commotion was all about. The old man continued to stare at the ground, his eyes wide and as black as coal, he would say abosolutely nothing. The deputy finally decided to take a look around the property, but first he would radio back in to HQ to let them know he was on a disturbance call. As he walked through the pasture he came upon a horrific sight. It was hard to see with his flashlight but it appeared as if the earth had been violated in some way, the grass looked burnt and the smell of sulphur was in the air. Then he would find evidence of blood and some more dead cattle, quite a few of them to be exact. He looked around in horror to discover that not only were the cattle dead, they had been mutilated and torn to pieces. He radioed back to HQ and requested that they "wake the sheriff".

Jenny woke up in bed to find several of the other girls watching over her. One of them was wiping her forehead with a warm damp cloth. She had no idea how long she was laying there or how she had gotten back to the guest cottage. All of the girls around her were dressed in long puritan dresses, like women of a different era, most of the girls were around the same age. Jenny looked down at her own dress and noticed there was blood on it. She was not sure if it was her own blood or that of someone else. It was enough to make her feel lightheaded and sick to her stomach. Emily, the girl who was tending to her with the cloth, suggested that she get changed out of the soiled clothes in time for dinner.

Outside of the girls' cottage and deep into the woods, he waited patiently for them. He watched and he waited. He knew this land well enough that he was willing to wait as long as necessary.

The Sheriff and Deputy had finished their preliminary investigation to the disturbance at the old man's farm. Now that they had daylight they were able to see a lot more of the bigger picture. All evidence suggested that something had came from the direction of the lake and destroyed what was left of the old man's cattle, did considerable damage to the land, and then whatever it was had retreated back towards the lake where the trail went cold. The old man had still not spoken about the incident to either the Sheriff or Deputy, which was not helping them at all. Sheriff knew that whatever had happened was bigger than he or the Deputy could handle. He had placed a call for help to the state police and also the game warden, all of which would be arriving sometime later on in the day.

The old man excused himself from the scene so that he could run into the little old town and get a bite to eat at the cafe. He went inside, still shaken, and ordered his "usual" and sat down at the table. As he waited he pulled a small bible out of his overall breast pocket and squinted as he read through the scriptures. He then pulled out a small notepad and began to make notes on it with a pencil. The waitress brought him his order of food and he devoured it and continued to read through the bible. His hands were still trembling with every bite of food. After he finished his meal, he continued to read and he would write down more notes into his notepad, oblivious to anyone and everyone who sat around him in the crowded little cafe. He scribbled onto his notepad until the lead on his pencil broke abruptly, at which point he stopped and stared off into the distance. His hands, still trembling reached into his overall pockets and fumbled around looking for something. His eyes were still large and black, he looked as if he still did not know what had happened in his life. All of his hard work was crumbling before his very eyes. It was all he could do to keep the farm that he worked night and day to maintain. And something was methodically taking him apart piece by piece, eating away at his very livelihood, and quite literally his life. At last he found what he was looking for in his overall pockets. He pulled the small revolver out and put it to his head, right there in the crowded cafe, and he pulled the trigger...