All of Kieran McConville's 'stories' HERE

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I hear that dogs... well, intense dogs... can sense the earth's magnetic field, thus allowing them to align themselves north-south when defecating.

Bono Head-Butts Fan Who Asks About Release Date

The dog intensely defecates north and south of the river. The river to hell, that is. Twelve thousand degrees Fahrenheit to the center of the earth, where hell resides, the earths magnetic center. The river flows with dead fish and doggy droppings, and birds who cannot swim.

Its a war alright, an all out war. The ash blows from atop an active mountain, the ring of fire and ancient bones. Rancid hell rains down on valleys below, trees consumed alive in an instant with the sound and fury of several atom bombs. She laughs at us from her rented cloud above. Close to safety she is but further from eternity she floats.

Once the dust finally settles and the dead claim their mourners, a winged creature makes swooping grand gestures in the sky and circles over a small town which has yet to awaken to the new day. She defecates on every vehicle that she can, knowing she has good aim, white and blue splatter on the shiny cars below is the only weapon of choice she can deliver.

Bono Bummed Cigarette Off 98 Year Old War Veteran, Then Paid to Cover it Up: Sources

Mullen Admits Post-Show Fight Clubs May Be 'Out Of Control'

Outbreak of Rage Virus at U2 Shows: Public Urged to 'Stand Very Still'

Once upon a time there was a sausage dog.

Wruf, it said. Wruf.

The sausage dog cocked its head to one side, gazed upon the motionless body swinging by a leather belt from the shower tap, and said, wruf.

Wruf.

Later, the house got hotter. The sausage dog left the empty room now beginning to smell of bodily gases, trotted out through the dishevelled kitchen and through the small inset pet door installed for a cat that used to live here.

The sausage dog exited the small porch, crossed the lawn and stood on the sidewalk watching a kid bicycle past. The dog said wruf. The kid looked at the sausage dog, and the sausage dog looked back.

Later still, the sausage dog trotted back inside and munched on some dog biscuits deposited in its bowl earlier that day. The dog checked in on the body in the bathroom, and saw that it was still not moving. Wruf.

Early in the evening, as cicadas began to chirrup outside, the sausage dog stood in front of a couch which it was too short to climb onto. The sausage dog looked at the couch for a long time. Eventually the sausage dog exited the little pet door again, and stood on the porch for a while. Later, it trotted down the street towards the cluster of shops near the corner.

Wruf.

Okay, so after all of this time, i will admit i was the 98 year old war veteran. Mr. Bono is a very nice man i must admit. Quite humble. But he does like his smokes..and pizza. He paid me off well. Paid for a new plate in my head (the old one cracked under pressure). He also saw to it that i got a lifetime premium membership at....

Also he had his "people" take care of the body in the bathroom of my house. I don't miss her one bit. At my advanced age i can hardly even remember her name.

And by "people" i mean some surly guy on a motorcycle dressed in leather. He was a mean little guy who barely spoke and wouldn't crack a smile.

Every morning i walk out of my house onto the porch, down the street to the corner store, and buy my daily supply of cheap cigarettes, dipping snuf, and canned beer. I almost forgot twinkies and mountain dew....lots of that.

And every morning i pass by the light post on the corner with the faded sign reading "MISSING DOG...REWARD" that i put up for that bastard sausage dog. I never really liked that little dog but it was fun to watch and kick around. Nature played a mean trick on the sausage dog and i respect that. Wruf.

Did Bono do that open mouthed posing 'scream' thing when he was accepting the cigarette off you?

Was he wearing eyeliner?

He seemed like an okay enough guy for a fellow 1%er. I didn't get to look him in the eyes much because he wore those damn blue spectacles, also my eyesight isn't all that great since i took a direct hit in the face way back in Normandy.

I see a lot of strange things from time to time, in fact i sometimes curse things that may or may not be there.

Mr. Bono came to my house originally because he wanted to collect the reward for Sausage Dog, i told him to keep the damn dog and get off of my lawn. Then i realized he was that guy who used to pal around with Frank Sinatra. So of course i invited him into my home for fried goat cheese, spleen cuts, and bourbon so we could chat about my days with the mob.

For sale:

Reasonably priced wolf.

Genuine reason for sale.

Inquire within. No timewasters please.

The old black beater sputtered and smoked as i gave it gas coming away from the traffic signal. I could hear the knocking under the hood and decided it was due time to dump the getaway car for more suitable means of transport. I coasted into the nearest car dealership and parked the mess as far away from the showroom as possible, gathered a couple of things along with my briefcase, and strolled casually towards the showroom.

As i entered the glass doors into the upscale showroom, a young man of impeccable attire introduced himself to me as "Justin" and asked what he could sell me today. I looked the guy over, it was hard to tell if he had been captain of the football team or head cheerleader in a past life, he was hard to read through all of his self confidence and swagger. The perfectly crisp shirt and polo club tie made him look like one of those assholes from wall street.

I followed him into an office at the corner of the showroom, passing along the way a brand new Mercedes S Class coupe on the showroom floor. It was draped in fantastic silver paint, glowing underneath the neon lights with its six figure price tag. Once inside Justin's office in the corner, i slid into an awkwardly comfortable leather chair and sat my briefcase down in the chair next to mine, keeping one hand on it while i gazed at the various awards which covered the wall of his office like paint.

When he asked me which car i might be interested in, i pointed out towards the glowing S class coupe, and told him i would take that one. His sea green eyes seemed vacant for a few moments, like he was lost in the middle of a play and was staring towards the sideline to read signals from the coach. I told him i was in a bit of a hurry and that i would need to make this transaction go as quickly and smoothly as possible. With that i spun my briefcase around and punched a few digits into a keypad so it would open. Then i spun it back around so that boy-wonder could view the contents of the briefcase, as i slowly opened it, i watched the green eyes appear to look even more lost and the perfectly tanned skin on his face seemed almost a little flushed.

I asked him how much for the car as i grabbed stacks of one hundred dollar bills out of my stocked briefcase. He suddenly regained his composure and apologetically explained that his dealership couldn't accept cash, but they would gladly accept checks, credit cards, or site drafts from my financial institution. I stared at the arrogant little prick for a few moments without blinking, at which time i again spoke my intentions for method of payment on the new car. He seemed a bit nervous at this point, and offered to take me to meet his finance manager. As he sprung to his feet, so did i, grabbing the wooden pen off of his desk that had his cute little initials embroidered onto the side. I took the lid off of the pen with my left hand and with my right hand i stuck the wooden dagger into his left eye with all of my might. He yelled as he fell back into his Italian leather chair, grasping the pen with one hand and clawing at his desk with the other, blood and other matter oozing out of his wound.

I casually began taking the horde of money out of my briefcase and began stuffing it into my pockets, down my shirt, down my pants, wherever i could find room until my briefcase was empty. As soon as i had emptied it, i set a device inside of my case, secured it and left it on the chair. Then i grabbed the S Class key from poor Justin's desk, and thanked him for his help.

I started the wonderfully awesome new S Class coupe and put it into gear, and then floored it and drove through the glass doors of the showroom in a fury, nearly collapsing the wall of the structure and tearing the grill off of my new super car. As soon as i was off of the dealership property, i dialed the number to my briefcase programmed into my smart phone, and hit "send". Within seconds, the bomb in my briefcase detonated with a massive "BOOM", which send shock waves for miles and glass and steel in every direction. I imagined how far down into the crater below the investigators would eventually find Justin's head.

I sped along the curvy highway as fast as i could, taking curves well over 100 miles per hour, skidding through intersections and running red lights. I was a man on fire without the flames but the smoke trail was growing. I must have went 20 miles before the light came on telling me something was wrong with the engine, overheating, perhaps due to a damaged radiator, as well as a low fuel indicator light. Damn new cars, i thought to myself, they don't make them like they used to.

So i pulled the new beat up super car into a parking lot in front of what was surprisingly a train station. People were milling about like ants, many looking at the smart phones, some of whom had surely just learned about the "accident" at the Mercedes dealership the next town over.

I walked towards the train station when i noticed a man who looked rather out of place here. He was possibly homeless, from another country, maybe a bum for all i knew. But he had a nice backpack on his right shoulder and i sure could use it on the train. I tossed him the keys to the silver coupe and told him i would trade him for his backpack. He looked confused, nervous, and said nothing to me at all. Instead he just looked around like a lost puppy in the rain. I pulled some money out of my pants and handed it to him, probably $10k worth, and asked him again for his backpack, slowly hoping that he would understand.

The man looked scared, and sad even, as he reluctantly accepted my gift and traded me the backpack for the car keys and cash. I struggled to get the backpack on my old shoulders, muttering to myself he must be carrying his entire life in the bag. I carefully bought a ticket at the station and slowly climbed aboard and found a nice seat towards the back of the train.

Once the train eased away from the stop, i would very cautiously take a few bills at a time from all of the places i had hidden them on my person, and began to stuff them quietly into the various pockets of the backpack.

As i would do this, i couldn't help but notice a rather odd dressed woman the next aisle up and over from me, she looked like she might have been wearing an outfit from the early 1900's. In her lap sat a baby, who kept staring at me. Now this wasn't your ordinary baby that was looking at me, this was the most intense baby i had ever seen. But this baby did not cry or try and get its mothers attention, bottle, or whatever. The baby sat in mothers' lap and just stared at me with those incredibly large and piercing eyes.

I tried to look away, catch a glimpse of the scenery we were passing through, but would inevitably turn my head and look back at this child. This is when i noticed the mother finally turned her head back to look at me. Through her bonnet covered head i finally got a look at her, and i couldn't believe my own eyes. She had a long pointy nose and her eyes were completely solid black, her cheekbones swept up almost to those soulless orbs, her face covered in warts or boils, and her chin came to a dramatic conclusion underneath her pale lifeless lips.

I had to turn away from the horror. She looked like the devil in the flesh. I turned my attention to the heavy backpack full of cash instead of the monster one aisle in front of me and over. I wondered to myself what could possibly make this bag so heavy, so i decided to open it.

After moving some of the money around in the main compartment, i pulled out a large blanket to reveal some type of black device, which seemed to be taking up most of the room and accounting for the majority of the weight in the bag. I didn't get a good look at it so i used my phone to illuminate the inside of the bag for a better view. Thats when i felt the bag shift, sort of come alive.

To my horror, it was a bomb, one of "mine" in fact. To make matters worse, i had just turned it on with my phone! I searched frantically for the kill switch to deactivate the device, when i noticed the red LED readout was counting down

I was starting to panic when i noticed the lady in the seat in front of me was still looking at me, this time some color had come back to her face and she smiled at me with the most hideous smile i had ever seen. Her eyes glowed red now and the baby began to point at me and laugh along with his amused mother..

BOOM!

#firstworldlows

that's the hashtag bullshit* that teh kids all do now right?

In a new 'first world low', noted forum stalwarts Geoffrey Lord and U2fan2004! got drunk this week in a shambolic night's attempt to start a Grouplove tribute band.

They called it 'Hug A Stranger Week'. It's so fucked up.

*(not to be confused with #firstworldlowes, the Rob Lowe gaffe-monitoring thingie, which is literally the best thing ever).

Back
Top Bottom