All hail the mighty sun god Rah

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kieran McConville

ONE love, blood, life
Praise his name
oh life giving Rah
who descends into the earth and rises up again the next
day

Rah the benevolent and life giving!

The sun has spoken and she is not pleased.

She turns her back on us and our skies have been gray for weeks. This land is desolate, dying, souls are bare like the branches of the trees.

The winds are brutal and have taken away their leaves. I would kill for a day at the beach. Except we have no beaches. But still, i would kill. Just to kill.

It's in my nature, like a curse, moreover a gift passed down from generation to generation. Don't look me in the eyes for i still have some shopping to do. And some chopping to do.

Emphasis on the chopping. Those nicely wrapped packages and perfectly placed bows. The blood splattering on the tree reflects in the brilliant ornaments and blinking lights.

The next person that cuts me off in traffic or won't disconnect their ear from their fucking phone. That person might wind up face down in a ditch or behind a dumpster in a back alley somewhere.

Birds fuck the sky in your honor. And they shit on you and get away with it because you were barely worth a feathered fuck or a random shit. The earth to ground clouds, whose soupy presence envelopes this godforsaken land, holds more value than your made up holiday and pretentious parties.

I pray for you. Not for your benefit, but like the ant in the magnifying glass, you burn.

Let's all join a movement or two
not one formed in the bowels of our intestines
but the depths of humanity

We are young, dumb, & full of
treats

Tasty creamy delights.
Like the snowman finally begins to melt
steam rising from his eyes

Ecstasy is not a drug
Our only sin is not born of love
Removing the cream from the twinkie
or milking the golden cow

Our mother appeared on a mountain
her arms stretched wide to embrace the masses
but you cannot see her gift
and her love can't break the rays
after the clouds
only ashes

Now she's turned to stone
people came to greet her
they travel far and wide
She's a waterfall and a fountain
She's a portrait in a gallery

Too little
too late

& when you run
your shadow runs with you

Every sky needs a stranger
Heaven's arms won't heal your anger

Eyes filled with regret
breaking the silence
and stealing the promise
of better days gone by.

hqdefault.jpg

How badass is Ra, guys?

Don't piss him off.

I'm in the process of building a golden calf we can all kneel in worship to. Send me your gold and jewelry to be melted down to show your devotion to Ra, PM me for my address.

Alternatively, you can volunteer to be sacrificed. PM me if you're interested in pleasing the Most High. Serious applicants only. Send pics

Can the mods sticky this in fym a la iron horse's Sunday dispatch?

:hyper:

all of my previous bitching must have paid off. The sun is out in full force today, at least for now. I plan to go and rake leaves in the yard, which at my age, is almost as exciting as morning wood.

I'm actually Guy Oseary, guys. You may be wondering about my Invisible-ity (haha) since taking over the job.

Well, the thing is, I tried to visit Bono in the hospital, but he doesn't want to see me. I believe his exact words were 'Get that **** **** ******* out of here.' (before collapsing back in a coma pain from working his eye socket)

Isn't it sun god Ra?

I'm actually Guy Oseary, guys. You may be wondering about my Invisible-ity (haha) since taking over the job.

Well, the thing is, I tried to visit Bono in the hospital, but he doesn't want to see me. I believe his exact words were 'Get that **** **** ******* out of here.' (before collapsing back in a coma pain from working his eye socket)

:lmao:

So far I have received no takers on my offer to be a human sacrifice.

Interference, you are in serious danger of angering the sun god. Don't blame me if there's an apocalypse next solstice.

I did once, and came away more puzzled than anything.

Pretty much. I have no idea what that thread is supposed to be, and even less so after having scrolled through a couple pages of it.

I'm confused as to why he has his own thread (stickied, no less) in the first place.

A master thread was forced upon him because he kept making separate threads for each Sunday Dispatch.

I don't see why the collated thread is stickied though.

Actually, maybe there's a subtle logic. Who reads stickied threads? They're part of the forum wallpaper; your eyes just glaze over them and look for the most recently active regular threads.

I didn't even know it existed til I was forced to update from the old version of the app that hid stickied threads to what we have now.

So what you're saying is prior to him getting that thread, each week he'd make a new random-ass thread with a random-ads bible quote/CS Lewis quote/song lyric, no context or essay behind why he found those relevant/discussion-worthy/interesting, and then just be done with it? :crack:

If it wasn't for some of his more recent FYM posts, I would have only guessed he was just a generic libertarian forum bot.

I find it best to read the Sunday Dispatch while picturing it dictated in a field office somewhere by General Douglas Macarthur, aviator glasses on and corncob pipe permanently cocked in his mouth.

Macarthur, or the drummer from Iron Maiden. Either will do, apparently.

I heard at one point Rah was considering promoting MacArthur to Anubis, but the vacancy never came available.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Back
Top Bottom