A decade of Interference

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Axver

Vocal parasite
Hoooooly shit I've been on Interference a decade as of today. What the hell have I done with my life?

133,703 posts. Superthreads. Desert Island tournaments. Survivors. Setlist parties. You know, I've been involved in plenty of flamewars, disputes, and fallings out in my time here, but just quietly, I think this community is pretty great and has a lot of amazing people. You've left a mark.

I joined this site a sixteen year old obnoxious fanlad who would sneak on in the high school library to post about how great U2 are while listening to almost nothing but U2. Now I'm a twenty-six year old obnoxious cynic who hopes nobody at work asks him what that light blue tab is while he's posting about how great bands other than U2 are while listening to almost nothing by U2. I've changed a lot since I showed up in this joint and it's changed a lot too, but it's been my online home. I'm glad the blue's never changed. I remember when I signed up here, there were a bunch of posters who were so knowledgeable about U2; I looked up to them and thought I'd never be as well known amongst the fan community as they are. I hung on their every word. Then I became the setlist guy.

I'm getting sentimental. I'll stop. Thanks for the memories and the good times, everybody, and I look forward to another decade with you nutters.

:up: cheers to one of the best.

Aside from the time you created my alter, and your like for metal, it's been great.

I've had the pleasure of meeting the great man, and I can assure anyone wondering, he's real.

:up: cheers to one of the best.

Aside from the time you created my alter, and your like for metal, it's been great.

I've had the pleasure of meeting the great man, and I can assure anyone wondering, he's real.

Haha, cheers man. "C0BL_04" was funny times. One of these days I'll find a metal album you like...

His eyesight isn't.

What did you say? Let me find my reading glasses ... and my binoculars ...

If you didn't join and become comfortable within the interference community Ax, I wonder if u2gigs would even exist?!

I passed my 10 years a few months ago without realising, with a post count that pales in comparison.

Still nothing excites me more than the prospect of a new U2 album/tour/survivor comp, which is the primary reason I still stick around (even though I haven't seen Interference Blue for the best part of 3 years.

If you didn't join and become comfortable within the interference community Ax, I wonder if u2gigs would even exist?!

Matthias started the website in 2001 as elevation-tour.com; I joined just before the Vertigo Tour began. I sent him a big list of corrections and additions and I think my reputation on Interference preceded me, because after a bit of an e-mail discussion I became part of the team. I'm sure the site would still be chugging along without me, but my feature articles back in the day and pushing it hard on Interference and Twitter probably helped its profile.

Funnily enough, I'm really not at all fussed about whether or not U2 release another album. Might change my tune if a new album becomes reality, but I feel like my tastes and what U2 are likely to do have long since diverged, and I've already got the old stuff to cherish. Now if they announced a 30th anniversary The Unforgettable Fire Tour next year, I'll probably post so much excited bullshit that the forum's servers will melt down.

Hmm, apparently I hit 10 years last November. That's depressing.

June 7th will be 13 years for me. I have yet to even hit 2000 posts. Guess I'm not very talkative? I'm here all the time, though !

I originally joined in December 2002 under another name. I changed to "Pearl" a year later.

And I'm still here. I need to get a life. ;)

Coming up on 13 years for me. I joined because of a mysterious clip floating around that purported to be a new U2 song, and I wanted to hear it and share thoughts with like-minded folks.

That song turned out to be Beautiful Day and I've been here ever since.

And this despite the presence of one despicable Elfa.

This made me feel really old. I'm getting closer and closer to my 10 years here. Congrats, Ax. The superthreads were fun.

Maybe a Kunstmuseum show is in order?

he's real.

Is he? I thought he appears only in sleepless nights on the dark streets of northern Melbourne suburbs as a hallucination fueled by chicken parma and gallons of alcohol.

Only ten years? N00b... :wink:
(I say that only because your post count makes n00bs of us all!)

No response I could come up with would be as amazing or as fitting as Bonnie's, so I'm not going to try. Congrats and here's to many more years of cynicism and breaking interference posting records! :up:

...I can't even remember when I joined (1998? '99?), so I dunno when my anniversary was. :laugh:

And thank you as well... aside from everything else, without the Kunstmuseum, I would never have had a reason to visit Liechtenstein, which is now one of my favourite places I've been.

(I would post a suitably monolithic photo, but I'm laboriously posting from my phone.)

It's funny how some posters lasted longer than many of the mods :giggle:

Hoooooly shit I've been on Interference a decade as of today. What the hell have I done with my life?

133,703 posts. Superthreads. Desert Island tournaments. Survivors. Setlist parties. You know, I've been involved in plenty of flamewars, disputes, and fallings out in my time here, but just quietly, I think this community is pretty great and has a lot of amazing people. You've left a mark.

I joined this site a sixteen year old obnoxious fanlad who would sneak on in the high school library to post about how great U2 are while listening to almost nothing but U2. Now I'm a twenty-six year old obnoxious cynic who hopes nobody at work asks him what that light blue tab is while he's posting about how great bands other than U2 are while listening to almost nothing by U2. I've changed a lot since I showed up in this joint and it's changed a lot too, but it's been my online home. I'm glad the blue's never changed. I remember when I signed up here, there were a bunch of posters who were so knowledgeable about U2; I looked up to them and thought I'd never be as well known amongst the fan community as they are. I hung on their every word. Then I became the setlist guy.

I'm getting sentimental. I'll stop. Thanks for the memories and the good times, everybody, and I look forward to another decade with you nutters.

:up: Awesome!

Back
Top Bottom