A decade of Interference

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
same here! :happy: I don't really post anywhere here anymore but I'm still here all day everyday like I was 10 years ago, even with 2 jobs right now.

You mean back when the mods would yell at us for posting in chat threads, because our post counts were too high? :lol: I guess since it was before twitter, and you still needed a college email account to sign up for Facebook, and most people didn't have smart phones (hell, I didn't own a cell phone at all)...you know, before putting every inane thought that popped into your head onto the Internet became the norm. Actually, without sarcasm or facetiousness, I think that had a lot to do with chat and postwhore what are you smelling threads being ok. People got a lot more used to that shit.

Ax :heart:

We should have had a ceremony or something to coincide with the royal birth! :doh:

You welcomed me with open arms. About the only things we had in common were U2, blonde hair and an aversion to the sun. Didn't matter though. I hitched a ride up to see U23D with Jen, we picked up Cobbler along the way..we had to meet ur Mum because you were only 16, heh heh. You and Ali met us and it was like we'd all known each other for years.
Ax, you, Ali, Charlotte and the superthread crew are still the best friends I've ever had. I love the memories of hanging out in real life and here. It felt like the blue craic was more real than the actual world.:reject:

I'm rambling, my fingers are remembering the furious banter :D

Love you Ax
Here's to ten more years

We NEED to catch up.:hug::hug::hug::hug:

She's pretty much disappeared off the face of Interference, it seems...

You mean back when the mods would yell at us for posting in chat threads, because our post counts were too high? :lol: I guess since it was before twitter, and you still needed a college email account to sign up for Facebook, and most people didn't have smart phones (hell, I didn't own a cell phone at all)...you know, before putting every inane thought that popped into your head onto the Internet became the norm. Actually, without sarcasm or facetiousness, I think that had a lot to do with chat and postwhore what are you smelling threads being ok. People got a lot more used to that shit.

I haven't been yelled at by a mod in years. Maybe I'm slipping

I haven't either, actually probably not since I got suspended from b&c...

Congrats. Ya'll should be proud.

Yeah, come to think of it, it is something to be proud of. It seems kind of silly that I've spent over 10 years visiting the Blue Crack when I could've done other things (like get off the computer and interact with real human beings). But hey, this place can be cool and fun.

Hoooooly shit I've been on Interference a decade as of today. What the hell have I done with my life?

133,703 posts.

While I greatly appreciate your contributions here, and u2 gigs, etc., I do want to point out that there is something to be said about spending the best years of your life glued to the internets. 36 posts per day, over a decade, requires quite a commitment, you sir should get out more! Go Enjoy life, love, live, smell the flowers when they are new, before they die, swim naked in the ocean, watch the sunrise or set with someone who intrigues and challenges you, and so on.

I mean all of that in the best possible way. I was a complete blue crack addict back in the day as well. One of the best things that happened to me was taking a 4 year or so vacation from this place. :hug:

I agree with Garrison.

I registered here 13 years ago... Just over. Nearly half my lifetime ago.

Believe it or not, a few things have happened since then.

While I greatly appreciate your contributions here, and u2 gigs, etc., I do want to point out that there is something to be said about spending the best years of your life glued to the internets. 36 posts per day, over a decade, requires quite a commitment, you sir should get out more! Go Enjoy life, love, live, smell the flowers when they are new, before they die, swim naked in the ocean, watch the sunrise or set with someone who intrigues and challenges you, and so on.

I mean all of that in the best possible way. I was a complete blue crack addict back in the day as well. One of the best things that happened to me was taking a 4 year or so vacation from this place. :hug:

In his defence he's got plenty going on these days offline, most of it involving concerts, beer and parmas. His average per day would probably be in the single figures these days.

It seems kind of silly that I've spent over 10 years visiting the Blue Crack when I could've done other things (like get off the computer and interact with real human beings).

Given that multiple close offline friends of mine are people I met on here, I find the underlined remark of yours to not make a whole lot of sense. Though I'm sure major_panic, if he still posted here much, would tell you he's not a real human being, he's a ninja.

I knew somebody would inevitably post this, but you write as if everything in your first paragraph is mutually exclusive with posting on an Internet forum. I honestly don't know how I've managed to accrue such a massive post count in between graduating high school, completing undergrad, undertaking a PhD, working, travelling a lot, and spending much of my free time at concerts and/or the pub with my girlfriend. It's just a thing that happened, I guess. I find it particularly easy to post here; by comparison, on another forum where I've been a member almost as long as here, I'm yet to crack the 2,000 post barrier.

Apart from one particularly unpleasant year of my life where chilling with folks on Interference was a bright spot in an otherwise bad patch, I think most of my posts have simply come in very quickfire bursts, be that in sports threads or setlist parties, and then I've got on with my day. I know that before 2008 my daily average posts was only around 10, and Cobbler's probably right that in the last four years it would be single figures.

I knew somebody would inevitably post this, but you write as if everything in your first paragraph is mutually exclusive with posting on an Internet forum. I honestly don't know how I've managed to accrue such a massive post count in between graduating high school, completing undergrad, undertaking a PhD, working, travelling a lot, and spending much of my free time at concerts and/or the pub with my girlfriend. It's just a thing that happened, I guess. I find it particularly easy to post here; by comparison, on another forum where I've been a member almost as long as here, I'm yet to crack the 2,000 post barrier.

Apart from one particularly unpleasant year of my life where chilling with folks on Interference was a bright spot in an otherwise bad patch, I think most of my posts have simply come in very quickfire bursts, be that in sports threads or setlist parties, and then I've got on with my day. I know that before 2008 my daily average posts was only around 10, and Cobbler's probably right that in the last four years it would be single figures.

Congratulations for your achievements outside of Interference, and of course, once again thank you for your contributions here and at u2gigs, etc. I've enjoyed some of the reading myself. My condolences to bad patch you have noted above, I don't know the circumstances so im guessing it must have been something rather heavy.

Here's what I don't understand, and please know that im only genuinely curious here, you state that before 2008 you had 10 posts per day (june 2003 - june 2008 = 5 years or 1825 days, X 10 = 18250). In the last 4 years you suggest you posted in the single figures, lets say 9 posts per day (june 2009 - june 2013 = 4 years or 1460 days x 9 = 13140). If my raw math is correct, from june 03-08 & june 09-13 that is a combined total of 31,390 posts. So, that leaves the period of June 08 - 09, and a total of 102,476 posts or 280.75 posts per day. Is this somewhat accurate?

Probably, that's when the Superthread was most active.

And as someone who met their husband on this message board, I can't get behind the idea that Interference has inhibited me from experiencing life.

Probably, that's when the Superthread was most active.

And as someone who met their husband on this message board, I can't get behind the idea that Interference has inhibited me from experiencing life.

Congrats. Im not one to devalue internet relationships or friendships, I for one have met some wonderful people from this very place which I would consider life long friends.

Having said that, I do think there is a point to be made here, if one likes to look at pictures of the beach and aspires to go there someday, there's no time like the present. Life is short, too short, that is all. I think that was the point I was trying to make.

Also, in the days of smart phones, how much posting happens in front of the computer vs while standing in line at subway for example. The way technology breeds ADD where I can't even wait for my sandwich without joining the asshole masses who glue themselves to their phone while they wait aside, all the posting that I used to do while at home at the desktop, I now do while sitting at work or like my previous example, waiting to get some dinner.

I started this post at dangelos waiting on my sandwich, and am finishing it at work waiting for my partner to get Chinese food.

Also, in the days of smart phones, how much posting happens in front of the computer vs while standing in line at subway for example. The way technology breeds ADD where I can't even wait for my sandwich without joining the asshole masses who glue themselves to their phone while they wait aside, all the posting that I used to do while at home at the desktop, I now do while sitting at work or like my previous example, waiting to get some dinner.

I started this post at dangelos waiting on my sandwich, and am finishing it at work waiting for my partner to get Chinese food.

Your post reminds me of something, which although crude, is a valid concern with society. Why is it when im in the restroom stall I sometimes hear the person in the stall next to me talking on the phone to their wife/gf/mistress/etc? Does the person on the other end know they are having a conversation with a guy who is pinching a loaf? In these situations I try to make as much damn noise as I possibly can, disgusting, sure. But damn if I want some asshole calling me from the crapper. Oh, and I flush 5 or 6 times to make damn sure whomever is talking to the shithouse romeo knows he's calling from the john - BUSTED! There are some places technology just needs to be silenced, taking a shit, having sex would be a couple of examples. That said Im sure there are people who post on Facebook while sitting on the beach, hiking, handgliding, etc. Seems like such a waste to me, but I guess im old fashioned that way.

I actually had a date once where I and the other person sat across from each other at a table communicating via smartphone. We did not make eye contact then, or at any other time.

Nah, I'm just kidding. I haven't been on a date.

I think it's worth noting that even 50 posts a day would probably take only around an hour, especially in those superthreads.

Back
Top Bottom