A Bono Drink recipe?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Moose-Head-Brew

Babyface
I have recently started Bartending at the campus pub, where I attend university. Having an almost equal love for U2, and fine cocktails, a question immediately came into my head. Is there a drink called "The Bono", or perhaps "The U2?" Many other celebrities have drinks named after them. I made a Lindsay Lohan last night. ( a classy girl ordered it, of course)

If you don't know of a drink called "The Bono," what do you think would make the perfect Bono Drink?

You start off by making a unique and fresh cocktail, and then bring in a bunch of idiots to keep adding ingredients until it doesn't taste right anymore.

You tell them you're getting them a new drink called a Bono, but in reality you just give them gin and tonic because you're a goddamned liar.

The Inthistowntastic Bono

Ingredients:

1. Funnel
2. Anything with an ABV > 30

Directions:

Before showtime, make sure to have nothing prepared. Have a bandmate lie you on the floor and prepare the funnel. Pour alcohol until you're set to go.

You offer to make them a drink, then go into the back room and wait until they get irritated and start bickering with the other patrons

I don't understand the question.
52.gif

Ever heard of a Shirley Temple? Some cocktails/mixed drinks are named after celebrities. The original poster has recently begun working as a bartender and was wondering if anyone had created one of these drinks and named it after U2 or Bono and if not, what would make a good recipe for one.

The following posts were then hilarious jokes.

You offer to make them a drink, then go into the back room and wait until they get irritated and start bickering with the other patrons

This drink is coming together really well, and we're totally crushing ice, but I'm not going to be able to serve it to you for another 18 months.

Sorry.

It's actually a drink loaded with all your favourite liqueurs, but despite enjoying it you'll bitch that it doesn't have any new flavours, even if they aren't as nice.

This thread has "classic" potential, I think.

lazarus said:
This drink is coming together really well, and we're totally crushing ice, but I'm not going to be able to serve it to you for another 18 months.

Sorry.

Schnapps of Ascent

Ingredients:

6 oz. Schnapps
Pack of Lies
Fuckload of Wasted time
Tbsp. Salt

Directions:

After serving an imperfect but wholly acceptable drink beforehand, take a glass and pour schnapps. As the drinker prepares for the beverage you are about to serve them, mislead them with regards to its flavor. Let drink sit on the counter until the drinker loses interest and leaves. Coat the rim with salt and proceed to serve Turn Off The Sobrieties instead.

I have recently started Bartending at the campus pub, where I attend university. Having an almost equal love for U2, and fine cocktails, a question immediately came into my head. Is there a drink called "The Bono", or perhaps "The U2?" Many other celebrities have drinks named after them. I made a Lindsay Lohan last night. ( a classy girl ordered it, of course)

If you don't know of a drink called "The Bono," what do you think would make the perfect Bono Drink?

Found this one:

U2 drink recipe - Drinknation.com

And a long-shot:
http://www.drinksmixer.com/drink2804.html

For some reason I have always associated Black Velvet (half Guiness, half champagne) with U2.

Probably the Guiness, but pehaps it was mentioned in an interview somewhere?

I have a Rolling Stone from about 2002 where Bono mentions it, for Bill Clinton's cookbook or some shit.

... Wow, I'm almost ashamed of my contribution to this thread.

Back
Top Bottom