6 - # of Straya threads or # of times we've changed Prime Minister in a decade? - Page 36 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand

Old 08-14-2016, 08:59 AM   #526
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 12:03 AM
Is there some reason why you edited your post out of existence, cobl4?

Old 08-14-2016, 06:08 PM   #527
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 01:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kieran McConville View Post
I predict that Malcolm Turnbull will be gone by Christmas, and the government itself will fall before next year is out. I'd stake money on it if I was silly enough.

Hmm. I don't know if there is enough momentum to roll him yet, but I'll be genuinely surprised if he is still PM come Christmas 2017. All that might save him is an increasing reluctance to change leaders - but for all the talk, I think both parties are still happy to do it if they think it advantageous (keeping in mind the delcons cannot perceive what is actually advantageous).

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Axver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2016, 08:05 PM   #528
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

I think that his situation is unstable enough, and the 'real true conservatives' (let's call them that for now) are quite ready to shoot themselves in the face if it comes to it. I suppose the ever-present polls might have a part to play as well. You live by the polls, you die by them - as Tony Abbott would know.
Old 08-14-2016, 11:25 PM   #529
45:33

Quote:
Is there some reason why you edited your post out of existence, cobl4?

Which post?
Old 08-15-2016, 05:25 AM   #530
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 12:33 AM
I know this is The Project, but when even Steve Price is calling you out on your bigotry ... geez.

Old 08-15-2016, 06:14 AM   #531
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobl04 View Post
Which post?
Well, the post where you were posting that thing about the journalist pulled up at Bunnings by the police. Last I looked the post had turned into the simple acronym 'qps', sans any further explanation. It looks like I'm responding to/quoting something completely random.
Old 08-15-2016, 07:48 AM   #532
Vocal parasite

I'm watching Q&A for the first time in ages because Malcolm-Ieuan: Roberts. is on tonight. The first question, about the Nauru Files, has already sent my blood pressure through the roof thanks to the callousness of Greg Hunt and rank idiocy of the Free Man, the living soul.

"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 08-15-2016, 08:00 AM   #533
Vocal parasite

Cobbler, if you hear anything smash up the road in the next half hour, it was probably me. I don't know how I can keep watching this braindead fuckwittery.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 08-15-2016, 08:13 AM   #534

I am very glad that I stopped watching q&a years ago.

Quote:
Well, the post where you were posting that thing about the journalist pulled up at Bunnings by the police. Last I looked the post had turned into the simple acronym 'qps', sans any further explanation. It looks like I'm responding to/quoting something completely random.

Oh. Sometimes tweets don't embed on a desktop computer. That's why.
Old 08-15-2016, 09:15 AM   #535
Vocal parasite

AND NOBODY FUCKING ASKED FUCKING MALCOLM-IUEAN: ROBERTS., THE LIVING SOUL, ABOUT BEING A SOVEREIGN CITIZEN.

HE JUST KEPT SPOUTING SHIT ABOUT NEEDING EMPIRICAL EVIDENCE WITHOUT KNOWING WHAT THAT ACTUALLY IS. BRIAN COX WAS FUCKING WAVING EMPIRICAL EVIDENCE IN FRONT OF HIM. HE HAD FUCKING CHARTS OF DATA.

OH MY GOD.

Now I'm having a whole bottle of wine to wind down so that I can actually sleep, because that was a fucking excruciating hour of my life that I will never get back.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 08-15-2016, 09:23 AM   #536
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 12:33 AM
"I brought the graph" is a legendary moment in Q&A history. Something really satisfying about Roberts' talking to a sea of silence, absolutely no reaction to his attempted 'humorous' Bieber reference, then Cox says one short sentence and the whole audience erupts.
Old 08-15-2016, 10:49 AM   #537
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobl04 View Post
I am very glad that I stopped watching q&a years ago.

Oh. Sometimes tweets don't embed on a desktop computer. That's why.
Oh ok, fair enough.
Old 08-15-2016, 10:52 AM   #538
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axver View Post
AND NOBODY FUCKING ASKED FUCKING MALCOLM-IUEAN: ROBERTS., THE LIVING SOUL, ABOUT BEING A SOVEREIGN CITIZEN.

HE JUST KEPT SPOUTING SHIT ABOUT NEEDING EMPIRICAL EVIDENCE WITHOUT KNOWING WHAT THAT ACTUALLY IS. BRIAN COX WAS FUCKING WAVING EMPIRICAL EVIDENCE IN FRONT OF HIM. HE HAD FUCKING CHARTS OF DATA.

OH MY GOD.

Now I'm having a whole bottle of wine to wind down so that I can actually sleep, because that was a fucking excruciating hour of my life that I will never get back.
I'm very glad I stopped watching Q&A years ago too. Did the show climax with an impromptu performance of Cliff Richard's 'Living Doll' set to dancefloor lighting, while the 'Things Can Only Get Better' hitmaker chair danced awkwardly off to one side?
Old 08-15-2016, 09:50 PM   #539

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlad n U 2 View Post
"I brought the graph" is a legendary moment in Q&A history. Something really satisfying about Roberts' talking to a sea of silence, absolutely no reaction to his attempted 'humorous' Bieber reference, then Cox says one short sentence and the whole audience erupts.

Doesn't matter. He'll continue to get a good run with the media and his supporters will back him. He'll play victim, underdog.
Old 08-15-2016, 11:39 PM   #540
Vocal parasite

He'll get an especially good run because he's pretty well spoken and obviously knows how to deliver a soundbyte. Ugh.

Gig pictures | Blog