6 - # of Straya threads or # of times we've changed Prime Minister in a decade? - Page 26 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand

Old 07-17-2016, 01:55 AM   #376
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 01:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axver View Post

I've had worse assumed about me on this very forum.
Are you referring to the time Vlad thought you were a High Tory?

Old 07-17-2016, 04:29 AM   #377
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 02:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kieran McConville View Post
Did you know that The Queen Mother is one of the shape-shifting lizards, along with George Bush (both), Prince Phillip and the Rothschilds?
Are any royals or financiers not shape-shifting lizards? Does anybody have evidence to prove they aren't?

Quote:
The many times I've been called an Australian. Wait uh no what about that time...

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Axver is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2016, 09:11 AM   #378
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 02:28 PM
Quote:
Wait, even I don't remember saying this. There was that time recently when Ax himself said he thought others thought of him as a 'closet Tory', in a post within a conversation here I was involved in, but that's not really it.
Old 07-17-2016, 09:21 AM   #379
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

I was having a gentle dig at you guys, it ain't no thing.

But yes, that. Hey, there was the other time when I thought Axver was Richard Dawkins.
Old 07-17-2016, 09:22 AM   #380
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Quote:
Are any royals or financiers not shape-shifting lizards? Does anybody have evidence to prove they aren't?
There's probably an impeccable gif on one of David Icke's many sites to show that indeed, the lizards are among us.
Old 07-17-2016, 09:19 PM   #381
45:33

Sonia fkn Kruger. Christ.
Old 07-17-2016, 09:32 PM   #382
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Some context would be nice...
Old 07-17-2016, 09:46 PM   #383
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Actually no, forget it, I see now. Well that's morning telly for you.
Old 07-17-2016, 10:34 PM   #384
45:33

Nothing gets you up and about in the morning like a little bit of racism.
Old 07-17-2016, 10:41 PM   #385
Vocal parasite

I could still use that nice bit of context, guys.

"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 07-17-2016, 10:49 PM   #386
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Apparently Sonia Kruger, the host of the Today show (whatever that is, Kochie's competitor I guess), went off on some tangent about stopping all Muslim immigration now, because stuff.

Here's a link anyhow:

https://newmatilda.com/2016/07/18/to...migration-ban/
Old 07-17-2016, 11:43 PM   #387
Vocal parasite

What the hell is with morning teleivision's weird boner for xenophobia? If it's not Sunrise giving Pauline a platform, it's Today parroting her views. And I remember when Alan Jones had a regular slot on one of them; maybe he still does. Do people really want a daily dollop of hate with their cornflakes?

Also, one day I'm going to write a song called "Morning Television's Weird Boner for Xenophobia".

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 07-17-2016, 11:58 PM   #388
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Morning Television's Weird Boner for Xenophobia is already taken as the name of my new (never to happen) band.

I'd have to ask who actually watches morning television. Who, outside of those forced to kill time in waiting rooms or in car service department courtesy lounges, actually watches this shit? It's trash tv for a trash mainstream culture. It'll have Jonesy and Pauline on because that is the lowest-common-denominator assessment of what 'the punters' think. If you want to know who's inside the celebrity-media-industrial complex, just check out who gets friendly profiles in the Woman's Weekly (Sonia Kruger had a baby recently, aaaawwww).

I'm actually surprised Alan Jones is welcome anywhere in polite company, but he does a surprisingly good trade as MC or guest of honour at all manner of private functions in all sorts of places. Which is remarkable for a man whose bully pulpit is a. confined to one city and b. in decline.
Old 07-18-2016, 12:53 AM   #389
Vocal parasite

Quote:
I'd have to ask who actually watches morning television. Who, outside of those forced to kill time in waiting rooms or in car service department courtesy lounges, actually watches this shit?
Apparently NEXT TO EVERYONE.

Seriously, fuck me dead, it's insane how many people seem to turn it on for some kind of background noise. My mother comes to stay? On goes the telly in the morning (though at least usually the ABC). I visit my father? Morning telly. Work trip where a few of us share a place? Somebody switches on the morning telly (again, fortunately the ABC). Try to get accommodation on the cheap by staying with a bogan relative? Definitely morning telly. Fuckwit in the apartment upstairs from me who puts his TV on loud enough that it vibrates through my ceiling? You better believe he likes his morning telly.

I. Do. Not. Get. It.

Quote:
I'm actually surprised Alan Jones is welcome anywhere in polite company, but he does a surprisingly good trade as MC or guest of honour at all manner of private functions in all sorts of places. Which is remarkable for a man whose bully pulpit is a. confined to one city and b. in decline.
At least John Laws hasn't been a thing people take seriously for a while. But Alan Jones's continued celebrity is peculiar, especially how he tried to turn it into a Queensland electoral force.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 07-18-2016, 01:57 AM   #390
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Quote:
Apparently NEXT TO EVERYONE.

Seriously, fuck me dead, it's insane how many people seem to turn it on for some kind of background noise. My mother comes to stay? On goes the telly in the morning (though at least usually the ABC). I visit my father? Morning telly. Work trip where a few of us share a place? Somebody switches on the morning telly (again, fortunately the ABC). Try to get accommodation on the cheap by staying with a bogan relative? Definitely morning telly. Fuckwit in the apartment upstairs from me who puts his TV on loud enough that it vibrates through my ceiling? You better believe he likes his morning telly.

I. Do. Not. Get. It.

At least John Laws hasn't been a thing people take seriously for a while. But Alan Jones's continued celebrity is peculiar, especially how he tried to turn it into a Queensland electoral force.
Jones is just peculiar, period. He's almost like a parody of a semi-disgraced-but-still-popular radio demagogue in some classic film we haven't heard of. And he picks the strangest things as causes celebre (the business about a certain Wagners quarry and the 2011 Lockyer floods for instance).

As for morning telly, I guess I'm slightly out of the loop, but it is depressing if true, how ubiquitous it all is. For reference, my parents are quite old and barely watch tv at all (the 6.00pm news maybe). And I will not have it on at all in the mornings. Fuck that. Triple J was bad enough, and I've about kicked that habit in favour of silence.