6 - # of Straya threads or # of times we've changed Prime Minister in a decade? - Page 22 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand

Old 07-01-2016, 03:47 AM   #316
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 10:36 PM
Quiet night for me. I've somehow managed to rope myself into "guarding" a booth for an hour or two at 3am tonight, before watching the Wales vs Belgium match, before heading to a different booth to do How To Vote Card distribution for most of the day.

Should be an interesting 24 hours 👍

Sent from a barge floating through the docks of Dublin

Old 07-01-2016, 10:21 AM   #317
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 10:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cobl04 View Post
Christ she's rubbish. Was the world's most passionate Greens shill then did a complete 180 when the "Greens will preference the Libs" shit came out and has been ALP ever since, despite the fact her main reason for supporting the Greens (as is many people's) being their anti-detention stance. Her brother is head of our union.
Saw an image of her on Twitter supposedly volunteering for Feeney.

Old 07-01-2016, 10:25 AM   #318
Vocal parasite

Fuck I can't wait for Feeney to lose tomorrow.

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Axver is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2016, 10:32 AM   #319
Blue Crack Addict

I don't know what to expect tomorrow. The sausage sizzle is essentially the only constant. Might enjoy snubbing Liberal and Labor volunteers as per usual.
Old 07-01-2016, 10:45 AM   #320
Vocal parasite

Are you in one of those electorates that could fall from the Libs to NXT? Because I'd take NXT over the Libs and it would bring the result that much closer to a hung parliament. God I hope we see the backs of Briggs and Pyne.

I do think Batman will go Green. I've spent a fair bit of time around the electorate lately and it's amazing just how many corflutes, billboards, and posters there are for Alex Bhathal. So many fences in Northcote covered in Greens stuff. Practically nothing for Feeney. Even as you head north to Bundoora there's still more Greens than ALP stuff, despite the fact that Batman - like Wills - in theory extends into ALP heartland.

I would love Samantha Ratnam to pull off a shock in Wills. I get the feeling people aren't entirely warming to the new ALP candidate, Peter Khalil, and the Greens are running so hard. But Wills contains too much rusted-on ALP territory north of Bell St.

My prediction: hung parliament or a Liberal majority of no more than six seats. Total chaos in the Senate.

"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 07-01-2016, 10:52 AM   #321
Blue Crack Addict

The electorate NXT are likely to win is Mayo, mine is a safe Liberal seat. It's fascinating, the only real letters I've been getting have been from the respective Liberal and Greens candidates, Labor have had a lesser presence in this. I get the impression Labor aren't going hard in my seat, citing aforementioned reasons.

Whatever happens, I'll likely have ABC24 on for much of the day.
Old 07-01-2016, 07:30 PM   #322
Vocal parasite

Well Mayo was thought to be a safe Liberal seat too!

Aaaand...

IT'S ELECTION DAY!

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 07-01-2016, 08:04 PM   #323
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 09:36 PM
I'm angling more and more for 'total chaos in the senate'. If we must be stuck with this contemptible zombie excuse for a government, then let them be stymied at every turn.
Old 07-01-2016, 08:48 PM   #324
Vocal parasite

Imagine a Senate with a crossbench of 10 Green, 3-4 NXT, Lazarus and/or Hanson, Hinch, Lambie, Bob Day, and a couple of other circus freaks who get lucky somehow. I'm sure there will be at least one unpredicted result, like - total stab in the dark here - the anti-vax Health Australia flukes it in NSW or the anti-trawling Recreational Fishers in Tasmania or the Pirate Party hacks the AEC in WA to steal three positions.

Can't wait to see how few votes Dio Wang and the not-Palmer not-United not-Party get.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 07-01-2016, 08:53 PM   #325
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axver View Post
Imagine a Senate with a crossbench of 10 Green, 3-4 NXT, Lazarus and/or Hanson, Hinch, Lambie, Bob Day, and a couple of other circus freaks who get lucky somehow. I'm sure there will be at least one unpredicted result, like - total stab in the dark here - the anti-vax Health Australia flukes it in NSW or the anti-trawling Recreational Fishers in Tasmania or the Pirate Party hacks the AEC in WA to steal three positions.

Can't wait to see how few votes Dio Wang and the not-Palmer not-United not-Party get.

I'm trying to imagine all that and it sounds like a right alphabet soup.

I'd say that the short and unhappy life of the Palmer United Party is shortly to enter Australian Democrats territory.

Or maybe we'll get a surprise success from Rooting & Shooting (Stop The Greens) or whatever that bunch are called.
Old 07-01-2016, 08:57 PM   #326
Vocal parasite

If the Shooters & Fishers ever merge with the Sex Party, "Rooting & Shooting" would be the ideal name.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 07-01-2016, 09:00 PM   #327
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

They might just do it too, I mean they've got a shared interest in freedom and... uh, stuff.
Old 07-01-2016, 09:06 PM   #328
Vocal parasite

They both like a good bang.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 07-01-2016, 09:41 PM   #329
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

I hope the Liberal Democrats' lone senator gets his ass handed to him at least.
Old 07-01-2016, 09:59 PM   #330
Vocal parasite

Yeah now that he can't rely on the donkey vote he will hopefully be turfed out. Though I'm worried he may sneak back in on the lower quota as his profile will get him a halfway ok first preference vote.

Gig pictures | Blog