6 - # of Straya threads or # of times we've changed Prime Minister in a decade? - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand

Old 06-05-2016, 01:00 AM   #16
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 09:37 AM
It's not even a party, really. Just a vehicle for a bigoted woman who thinks she has some sort of pull for being awful in a TV show once.

Old 06-05-2016, 01:19 AM   #17
45:33

Local Time: 10:07 AM
Fuck me. Hilarious

Old 06-05-2016, 01:20 AM   #18
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 09:07 AM
I think this would make a much better logo for the party:

Old 06-05-2016, 01:24 AM   #19
Blue Crack Addict

[engage Peter Garrett's elaborate facial expressions and posing in the Redneck Wonderland video]

Old 06-05-2016, 01:27 AM   #20
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlad n U 2 View Post
It's not even a party, really. Just a vehicle for a bigoted woman who thinks she has some sort of pull for being awful in a TV show once.
This description also works for Pauline Hanson.

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Axver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2016, 01:35 AM   #21
Blue Crack Addict

In the opposite order, yeah. That Hanson was allowed on Dancing With The 'Stars' in the first place was insane, and that she finished runner up was a massive indictment on Australian society.

I know reality shows shouldn't be taken with more than a grain of salt, but that was staggering.
Old 06-05-2016, 05:04 PM   #22
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

6 - # of Straya threads or # of times we've changed Prime Minister in a decade?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axver View Post
Not sure how Hobart feels like Geelong in the slightest? They strike me as very, very different cities, from culture to geography to climate to economy.

More so the streets and slopes within the business district, the distribution of buildings etc.

Geelong could learn a lot from Hobart in maximising the potential of it's waterside location.

North Hobart Oval is an absolutely gorgeous little footy ground. A proper terrace and a series of different grandstands that are all very different in character. Was privileged to coincide with a "State of Origin" amateurs tournament when I last visited,

Sent from a barge floating through the docks of Dublin
Old 06-06-2016, 10:31 AM   #23
45:33

Rate of 18-year-olds enrolled to vote jumps by 20 per cent - Hack - triple j

I gotta tell ya, I am really looking forward to the day when the Greens' primary vote gains momentum. I don't think they're perfect, and I don't like many of my peers' blind love for them (like Vlad, I just think party membership feels a bit disgusting), but it is going to lead to some amazingly panicky and very condescending Chris Kenny/Andrew Bolt/Miranda Devine/Steve Price/etc columns, and I can't wait to read them.

"I used to love democracy but we now have to many naive people voting we need a dictatorship"

aka

Old 06-06-2016, 05:01 PM   #24
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

6 - # of Straya threads or # of times we've changed Prime Minister in a decade?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobl04 View Post
Rate of 18-year-olds enrolled to vote jumps by 20 per cent - Hack - triple j

I gotta tell ya, I am really looking forward to the day when the Greens' primary vote gains momentum. I don't think they're perfect, and I don't like many of my peers' blind love for them (like Vlad, I just think party membership feels a bit disgusting), but it is going to lead to some amazingly panicky and very condescending Chris Kenny/Andrew Bolt/Miranda Devine/Steve Price/etc columns, and I can't wait to read them.

"I used to love democracy but we now have to many naive people voting we need a dictatorship"

aka

Old 06-06-2016, 06:20 PM   #25
Vocal parasite

I'm starting to think Batman will go Green, in no small part thanks to Feeney's personal blunders, and Bandt ought to hold Melbourne. I'm very curious to see how close it gets in Wills. Not sure anywhere else could fall. Grayndler will be interesting but I think the Greens should've chosen a stronger candidate, especially to knock off a well-liked member of the ALP Left. If that seat was held by some Right stooge, yeah sure I could see it falling, but the swing Green/ALP voter is more likely to stick with Albo I reckon.

Oh, though I think there are mutterings that the Greens like their chances in whatever the Byron Bay seat of NSW is...

"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 06-06-2016, 06:57 PM   #26
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

If I was Labor I'd be very worried about the future; that 35% primary vote looks like it's about as good as it gets in the new normal.

What makes it worrisome is that there's no, none, zero, prospect of a long-term coalition of the Liberal/National variety.
Old 06-06-2016, 08:12 PM   #27
Vocal parasite

I think the main obstacle to a coalition is that the Greens would expect a certain measure of seats, which would require the ALP relinquishing some. The Country Party, on the other hand, were the strongest party in parts of multiple states and (until recently) expected at least 12 federal seats. And even now, with their primary vote roughly a quarter to a third of the Greens', they can still win more seats because of their regional base of power.

Now, maybe in 10 years the Greens will have locked down enough inner city electorates (and, maybe, a couple of rural seats?) that they will have the same bargaining power with the ALP. But not yet.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 06-06-2016, 08:31 PM   #28
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axver View Post
I think the main obstacle to a coalition is that the Greens would expect a certain measure of seats, which would require the ALP relinquishing some. The Country Party, on the other hand, were the strongest party in parts of multiple states and (until recently) expected at least 12 federal seats. And even now, with their primary vote roughly a quarter to a third of the Greens', they can still win more seats because of their regional base of power.

Now, maybe in 10 years the Greens will have locked down enough inner city electorates (and, maybe, a couple of rural seats?) that they will have the same bargaining power with the ALP. But not yet.

Yeah, as you say, right now expectations rather outweigh bargaining power.
Old 06-06-2016, 08:44 PM   #29
Vocal parasite

It's quite ridiculous too, because the ALP/Green primary vote is larger than the Lib/Nat primary vote.

Sort your shit out, people.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 06-06-2016, 09:27 PM   #30
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

That's what I'm saying! The Lib-Nat/LNP/whatever-we're-calling-it primary vote looks a little more imposing at 40-something per cent, but that is an illusion created by centre-left acrimony. As if there isn't acrimony inside the Coalition too, but they usually manage to smile for the cameras.