(303) 975-8858 :scam:

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sicy

Sizzlin' Sicilian
Staff member
So for weeks now I've been getting calls on my cell phone from this number. The first time I had answered it and some guy said he was some Publishing Magazine company or something to that effect. After about 2.2 minutes into the conversation I hung up, because it just sounded like some sort of spam.

Every week or so they call again. I just dont answer. They never leave a message.

Finally today I got fed up and answered "Please stop calling me. Take my number off your list." He tried to interrupt me to explain who he was. I was like "I know who you are, JUST STOP CALLING ME." He continued... I hung up.

I decided to google the number just for the hell of it and this is what I found. :|

Black Hair Media Hair Forum: 303-975-8858....
http://www.lipstickalley.com/f4/303-975-8858-a-155874/
whocalled.us / 303-975-8858
3039758858 - who calls me from 303-975-8858?

There were literally hundreds of links on google about this... so just FYI if anyone else gets calls from this number dont give them ANY info. :down:

The funny thing is the guy kept trying to ARGUE with me! I'm like I KNOW WHO YOU ARE STOP CALLING! And he's like No you dont, ma'am I just need some information.... *click*

Sure you do, you need a pointy boot up your scamming ass!

The funny thing is the guy kept trying to ARGUE with me!

:down:

At the train station there are always some dudes lingering around trying to get you to give money to some charity. They are really, really pushy. For two months I've been telling them I'm just a tourist :up:

Dude seriously take your lame fake love affair to a different thread.. kthxbai.

I didn't even start it!

:grumpy:

On topic, I've received calls from this number, and they finally got the picture after yelling at them, not once, but twice.

There's so many of these scams nowadays. In Canada there were many people, including myself, who received calls for extended warranties which was a scam.

Scams totally suck. :angry:

I once got in an argument with someone who was trying to get information out of me. It was a pointless argument, but I just felt like yelling, and it felt good to get that out of my system. :lol: Thank god for caller ID (which I got after that incident, as the idiots kept calling me back multiple times), so now I won't answer the phone unless I recognize the name or number.

I once got in an argument with someone who was trying to get information out of me. It was a pointless argument, but I just felt like yelling, and it felt good to get that out of my system. :lol:

That's exactly what happened, I was annoyed and felt like yelling, but then I just got fed up and hung up. :lol:

K wtf, I've been getting a bunch of crap calls like this lately too. I went to the donotcall page and they have a link where you can check to verify that your number is registered. Mine wasn't, no idea why because it definitely used to be :angry: but I registered again.

That's exactly what happened, I was annoyed and felt like yelling, but then I just got fed up and hung up. :lol:

Yup, I yelled at them to stop calling me, and hung up. They eventually gave up. This was on my home phone, but I had registered for the do not call list. Just to be on the safe side, I registered my cell as well. I've noticed a definite decrease in the amount of calls I get, which is great.

dont you guys have that "Do Not Call" list or is that a big joke?

Yes, but the bastards still call :angry: I don't know why/how this is legal. You can go to 'do not call' site and register a complaint. I don't know if it does any good or not :shrug:

K wtf, I've been getting a bunch of crap calls like this lately too. I went to the donotcall page and they have a link where you can check to verify that your number is registered. Mine wasn't, no idea why because it definitely used to be :angry: but I registered again.

I think it only lasts 5 years or so, and then you have to re-sign up. :scratch: I get lots of 'unknown caller' and 'private callers'. I hate that, cuz sometimes it's a legitimate call, like a doctor's office or something. And I get spam faxes all the time. And I'm afraid if I "call to remove my name", that somehow gets them authorized to keep calling me, since I contacted them. :rant:

Yes, but the bastards still call :angry: I don't know why/how this is legal. You can go to 'do not call' site and register a complaint. I don't know if it does any good or not :shrug:

There have been lots of "companies" just blatantly ignoring the do not call registry.

In Canada there were many people, including myself, who received calls for extended warranties which was a scam.

I've been getting those calls too. Now I just don't answer. I need to make sure my numbers are still on the Do Not Call Registry.

dont you guys have that "Do Not Call" list or is that a big joke?

I have it and get calls like this all the time. I even signed up again a few months ago. It seemed to work for awhile. I don't answer the phone if I don't recognize the number - ever - and eventually the calls stop, but then new ones start up. For calls from "private numbers" my phone is set not to ring.

I don't answer phone calls from numbers I don't know on principle, but these weird numbers call my cell daily and it drives me batty. I know a lot of them come from the Florida Democrats or whatever because when I was in my freshman year I signed up (although I am not a Dem) just to get a free shirt. Fuckers won't stop calling me!
Sometimes I answer and they go on and on and on :blahblah:

And a number from D.C. calls my house daily with the digits 202-000-0000. :angry:

The few times I've been rude with telemarketers has been hilarious though. One called and said, "Hello is (my brother's name) home?" I yelled, "Nope!" and hung up straight away. Other times I'll just say hello and then up the volume on the TV, leaving it there for a few minutes. I think once it was a movie with a bunch of profanities. :happy:

Back
Top Bottom