(303) 975-8858 :scam:

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Messing with telemarketers is the best! :lol: For some reason when I signed up for my home phone service, they spelled my last name wrong in the listings, but on the bill it is right. I had thought about getting it changed, but I'm glad I didn't. Before I got caller ID and would answer the phone every time it rang, the telemarketers would ask for me by my misspelled last name, so I'd tell them that the person didn't live there any more. :giggle:

^ I just got that one a minute ago. I didn't answer it but I Googled the number and it's the car warranty scam. At 9PM. :|

:lol: I get those warranty calls at work. But they're always pre-recorded messages. Just like the 'support your congressman' or whatever, I get those at home, but I just hang up because they're recordings.

But this guy pissed me off because its a real dude, and he knows my name and phone number. Would love to know how he got it.

UGH, I'm getting those spam calls too!! :angry: Like you I told them to stop calling me and I'm not interested in anything they are trying to sell me blah blah. The guy said he will remove me but I got another call yesterday. :doh:

Be careful with getting calls like this on your cellphone. Especially when you don't hear anyone saying anything, some 'companies' have this ability to call you via some sort of satellite system where you end up paying very high phone costs (like you're calling abroad but then 10x worse) for that company. Keep a good eye on your phone bill.

Telemarketeers are bad, but scammers like this even worse :|

I just got a strange text message from a local number. It was something along the lines of "the spaceogram.com user name 'easter' is activated. IOU UkJoe." I googled the web address but nothing came up. Apparently other people have had this same message too. I'm too afraid to go directly to the address.

I hate this and 303 is as Denver number that pisses me off even more considering I'm in CO, What the hell. Now I don't answer calls that say unavailable, they're not available nor am I, now that we don't answer the house number, they call my cell asking for my Dad or I, and I once asked how did you get my number, guy said my dad gave it to him which is BS cause my dad doesn't even remember my number half the time and then the guy started harassing me calling me everytime even changed the number even would call me names when I went nuts at him. Fucking bastards never stop!:angry: Now I get calls from like India or something say you have have won blah blah. So annoying.

If you're in the UK you can register your number (and email I think...) at

TPS Registration

It does work, since we very rarely get scam calls these days. :) And if you do, my teacher said (she told me about the TPS in the first place) you just tell them "My number is registered with the TPS, and if you call this number again, I'll have you prosecuted." :love:

The worst scam was the one where someone offered Sky insurance, cos I think we actually took them up. Or we got sky insurance but wernt sure if it was legit or not. :huh:

Back
Top Bottom