Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 12-27-2008, 12:03 AM   #1
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 07:56 AM
2008: rad, or unrad?

How was the year for you?

I thought mine went down pretty well, but there were a few moments I wasn't happy about. But considering that I spent New Years 2007 drinking sherry alone because my best friend was going to see someone else, I'd say I've had some reasonable improvements. A few decent boyfriends, the first year of Tafe, a trip to Melbourne where I met a few of these here crew, and my first time reporting a crime. Hopefully 2009 ups the ante on fun.

Old 12-27-2008, 01:10 AM   #2
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 05:26 PM
I'm still alive, working too much, sleeping too little, getting older. We didn't lose any family members this year, which is always a plus. Got to spend a lovely week at Disney World and at the beach on Sanibel Island, Florida, with my sister, her son, and my son. I still have my house, MrPurrl, and our two cats. No automobile accidents. Had a lovely Christmas with my extended family. So I'd say 2008 has been a pretty good year!

I wish you a Happy New Year, Sad Punk!

Old 12-27-2008, 01:26 AM   #3
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 11:26 AM
It was alright, could have been worse.

2009 should be alright, but I've big ideas for 2010.
Old 12-27-2008, 05:14 AM   #4
Refugee

Local Time: 09:26 AM
you came to Melbourne?

Most of my year was

but now it is finishing off very spendidly The past couple months have been the happiest for me personally, in a long time!
Old 12-27-2008, 07:37 AM   #5
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 08:56 AM
Good to hear Trance!!!

2008 was a year of consolidation I suppose, didn't go forwards but importantly, didn't go backwards. Work is good at the moment, personal life could be better.

I have hopes and positive feelings about 2009....
Old 12-27-2008, 07:57 AM   #6
Refugee

Local Time: 01:26 AM
To be honest this was such a boring year for me. And sad too, as right at the beginning of the year I lost two family members - I had the worst possible start for the year really. My year was spent finishing my studies and writing my thesis, and on the positive side I have to say that it felt great to finally graduate last Friday. I didn't get to travel anywhere which makes me awfully depressed and sad because travelling is what I love most and try to do as much as possible. I didn't see any great gigs which is really depressing as well. But at least I'm healthy and have a great family and friends. You can't take things like that for granted.

So all in all, I'm glad 2008 is over soon because 2009 can't be much worse than this (well of course it can but I try to think positive). Next year promises to be good: in February I'm off to London to meet old friends and see Keane live and in March and April friends are having babies just to name a couple of highlights. And if I find a job and possibly get my personal life somewhere too, well that would be just brilliant.
Old 12-27-2008, 10:39 AM   #7
Neon Zebra

Local Time: 02:26 PM
On the upside, I spent a lot of time with very good friends. I made it to Disneyland at least once. I overcame my fear of flying long enough to take two trips by plane, one to San Jose and one to San Francisco. I stole came into possession of Chris McCandless's mailbox. I hiked both Death Valley and Red Rock Canyon. I took road trips to several places including the Salton Sea, Salvation Mountain, and the site of U2's fallen Joshua Tree.

On the downside, I dealt with some difficult family issues and was diagnosed with thyroid cancer.

2009, however, is already off to a great start. On New Years Day, very good friends are coming to visit me.

Take that, 2008!
Old 12-27-2008, 10:47 AM   #8
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 04:26 PM
Personally 2008 was a really great year for me! Bought a new house,adopted a Yorkie puppie ,got married and traveled to the Bahamas. Finally met a friend from another country too and have been able to spend a lot of great moments together . On top of that was even able to travel back home East quite a bit to see family and friends.

Im positive that 2009 is just going to continue to get better . Have plans on starting my new law career early in the year.
Old 12-27-2008, 12:10 PM   #9
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonosBaby12 View Post
Im positive that 2009 is just going to continue to get better . Have plans on starting my new law career early in the year.
Good luck with that! What are you going to be doing? (Yeah, I'm a legal geek)

2008 was way better than 2007 for me. It was a year of a lot of firsts for me, including the start of a legal career, living in a new city in a different country by myself and making some wonderful new friends. There were also some downsides, but they were not terrible.

I am looking forward to 2009, another year of new beginnings and a year where I know I'll be travelling a bit again after a bit of a break. Mexico in just over 5 weeks will start things off!
Old 12-27-2008, 12:52 PM   #10
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 04:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anitram View Post
Good luck with that! What are you going to be doing? (Yeah, I'm a legal geek)
Thank you Im really excited! . Im going to be a legal transcriptionist.

Oh and it's ok Im rather a legal geek myself lol. Have a brother who is a lawyer and another one is a detective so the legal stuff really rubbed off on me lol. Attended a technical high school too where I studied criminal justice all 4 years.

Good luck to everyone with 2009! May it bring you nothing but happiness
Old 12-27-2008, 01:03 PM   #11
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 02:26 PM
2008 was a roller coaster ride, including the death of my Grandmother but also including my sister's girlfriend becoming pregnant with twins. All in all, I'd say 2008 was more good than bad, which I'll take any time.
Old 12-27-2008, 01:37 PM   #12
Blue Crack Addict

I lost my dog the day after my birthday, my best friend for 15 plus years. I knew that I faced that the next day so it was my worst birthday ever. I miss her so much, and that pretty much colored the rest of the year now that I look back on it. I had a few good times over the summer while she was still doing ok in spite of all her issues.

Next March I'm supposed to be going to Disney World, I've always wanted to go there so I'm looking forward to that
Old 12-27-2008, 01:40 PM   #13
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 06:26 PM
It was good for me. Didn't have anyone pass away or get bad health news. Reconnected with old friends from high school. Can't wait till 2009.
Old 12-27-2008, 03:18 PM   #14
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 06:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsSpringsteen View Post
I lost my dog the day after my birthday, my best friend for 15 plus years. I knew that I faced that the next day so it was my worst birthday ever. I miss her so much, and that pretty much colored the rest of the year now that I look back on it. I had a few good times over the summer while she was still doing ok in spite of all her issues.

Next March I'm supposed to be going to Disney World, I've always wanted to go there so I'm looking forward to that

Old 12-27-2008, 05:28 PM   #15
arw
Blue Crack Addict

2008 really sucked. It's been one rotten thing after another. I've always said that even years are bad for me, odd years are amazing. So....I have high hopes for 2009!