2008: rad, or unrad? - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 12-27-2008, 05:45 PM   #16
The Male

Local Time: 10:34 PM
The year has ended pretty well, but it was pretty unmemorable overall.

Kicked the shit out of 2007 though. There was far more bad than good last year.

Now.
Old 12-27-2008, 06:39 PM   #17
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Location: and if you don't know where you're going...any road will take you there..
Local Time: 01:34 AM
2008 was overall a pretty good year. I got married, traveled a lot for fun and/or family events. 2008 was a bad year for concerts though...hardly went to any this year. My sister's pug died in June, so that was a really sad time for all of us. I also was demoted at work and am currently stuck there while I continue looking for new work. I am hoping 2009 will bring a lot of luck and joy, a new job, and as much time as I can get with my family and friends.

Old 12-28-2008, 01:06 AM   #18
Cin
Blue Crack Addict

Location: in the gutter, looking at the stars. . .and smiling
Local Time: 04:34 PM
rad
Old 12-28-2008, 01:50 AM   #19
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sad Punk View Post
How was the year for you?

I thought mine went down pretty well, but there were a few moments I wasn't happy about. But considering that I spent New Years 2007 drinking sherry alone because my best friend was going to see someone else, I'd say I've had some reasonable improvements. A few decent boyfriends, the first year of Tafe, a trip to Melbourne where I met a few of these here crew, and my first time reporting a crime. Hopefully 2009 ups the ante on fun.

The city that never disappoints.

Surely a "few decent boyfriends" suggest that none of them were keepers though?

2007 was shite for me. NYE was the only good thing really. 2008 has been quite awesome for the most part. Seen some good gigs, feel like I really know what I want now and am well on my way to quite comprehensively achieving what I want.

'09 could be really cracking, if all my pipe dreams aren't just that....
Old 12-28-2008, 01:59 AM   #20
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 06:34 AM
I've got mixed feelings about 2008. On the good side, my sister returned from UK and it's a pleasure to have her living at home again. At work I scored a free famil trip to Kimberley, Western Australia, just before the financial crisis hit and our company started to cut costs. I went to some good gigs, most memorably Goldfrapp, although of course this year pales next to 2007 in terms of gig going. The dance studio I go to put on a big end-of-the-year production and it was enormous fun to participate in. On the bad side, I've had the most stressful time of my life at work early this year with the mammoth Europe River Cruising brochure, which may or may not have contributed to my struggle with feelings of anxiety and derealisation later on. Which seem to be easing now, thank god, but I still feel like I've lost a few months of my life. I definitely look forward to the next year, especially with the new U2 album and a five-week holiday in Europe looming ahead,
Old 12-28-2008, 04:11 AM   #21
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 11:34 PM
Started off bad, then was, err, rad.. Overall, it's been a good year. 2009 needs to be much less drama though. Too much wasted energy.
Old 12-28-2008, 05:03 AM   #22
45:33

Local Time: 05:34 PM
My year? Well, it’s been interesting. For one thing, it absolutely flew by. I know we say this every year, but this year honestly felt so quick. I reminisce and I get a little sad, just thinking about a lot moments, most of them relating to school. They always said high school is the best years of your life, and even though I could have done a lot more, I still had a great final year, and I will miss it dearly.

There’s plenty that I didn’t achieve this year. I remember I probably had three new year’s ambitions, one was to crack 60 kilos, which didn’t happen. The next was to get a girlfriend, which didn’t happen. And the final was to lose my inhibitions, which I actually felt I achieved, maybe not entirely, but I got there this year. I did really want to get a girlfriend, and it almost happened. But then she all of a sudden turned what we had going on its head, and closed every door I opened. It hurt, but it was a learning curve for me I think, and hopefully in the future I’ll be able to handle it all better.

I barely put on any weight, I’m still just as skinny and small as I was at the start of the year, and that never really bothered me, but I think having 300 blokes in Bay 13 chanting “Sherman” at you gives you a kick in the bum.

But there was plenty of good stuff too. I really did feel I lost some of my inhibitions, and while alcohol probably played a role in some situations, I am more comfortable in those previously nervy situations than ever before.

We didn’t lose any family members this year, my Nan is still going strong at 89.

I became closer with a few girls this year, and while none were any more than good friendships, it was a pretty good feeling and something that I cherished this year.

I made people laugh, which brought me a lot of joy in 2008.

My purity score dropped to 77%

I turned 18, and despite what people said about it being no different, I relished it. I LOVE being 18, and immensely enjoyed going out clubbing in Werribee, Geelong and the City. Being able to buy beer, smokes, lapdances, entry, whatever was cool and probably the main reason I enjoyed the year so.

I ended up surprising everyone and myself by doing fantastically well at school, which really capped off the great fun I had. I managed to maintain a social life and have heaps of fun while at the same time still being able to keep up with my school work.

I opened plenty of doors for myself with regards to my hoped sports journalism career. The local VFL (one step down from the national competition) club here in Werribee got me to write their match review articles all year long, and when the resident writer for the paper was absent, I stepped up and got articles published in the local paper.

I also did work experience at the Herald Sun (the leading Victorian newspaper) and impressed many people there, and as a result I’ve just ever so slightly got my foot in the door, and they informed me that the current ‘staff freeze’ will end in February, and I should ring back then to see if I can become a copy boy.

Overall 2008, while I still wish a lot more could have happened, was the best year of my life to date, which added to 2007 being the best year of my life the year before. I am hoping that this trend will continue in 2009, and I am confident that it will.

…wow got really carried away there.
Old 12-28-2008, 07:04 AM   #23
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 08:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kafrun View Post
Started off bad, then was, err, rad.. Overall, it's been a good year. 2009 needs to be much less drama though. Too much wasted energy.

2008 was better than 2007, overall. But still, too much drama going on to handle. Though I'm a positive person and I got through it okay (pretty much), there were some moments which just made me go crazy. From 2009 on I really need to start thinking about myself more, before I overdo things and wear myself out. So, that's one of my good intentions for the new year: don't put myself in second place anymore!

Good luck to everyone in 2009, I really truly hope all of your wishes and/or good intentions will come true, if only even for a small part
Old 12-28-2008, 02:55 PM   #24
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

There were some rough patches, but all in all I'd label my 2008 rad.
Old 12-28-2008, 04:46 PM   #25
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 07:34 AM
2008 was a good year. Finished my training/studying. Moved to The Netherlands during the summer. We bought a house here and moved in at the beginning of August. Found a job - despite some problems I'm thankful to have it and I love being there...most of the time. I discovered I love cycing and have managed to lose two stone since I've moved here and started doing exercise.

Next year I wish to stay healthy, start driving again and plan our wedding.
Old 12-28-2008, 10:40 PM   #26
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Local Time: 12:34 AM
2008 definitely had its bad moments, but i suppose it's been more good than bad.
Old 12-28-2008, 11:52 PM   #27
Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueeyedgirl View Post
good to hear trance!!!

Old 12-29-2008, 01:57 AM   #28
Blue Crack Addict

2008 was unraed. [/britishhistoryjoke]
Old 12-29-2008, 06:05 PM   #29
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Originally Posted by COBL_04 View Post

I ended up surprising everyone and myself by doing fantastically well at school, which really capped off the great fun I had. I managed to maintain a social life and have heaps of fun while at the same time still being able to keep up with my school work.

….
Are ya going to uni then?
Old 12-29-2008, 09:18 PM   #30
45:33

Yep, offers come out Jan 20, and with my score a lot better than I expected, I should get in pretty safely