2 questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zoots

Blue Crack Supplier
1. Are you a member of any other forums? If so, which ones?

2. Could B&C be one of the few (or even the only) general music forums where there is such a diverse group of people posting? I mean some of the bands discussed there are so far removed from U2 that it amazes me how these people even started posting in a U2 forum in the first place! :lol: And then there is the whole anti-U2 squad and people who don't even know much of their work but enjoy the off topic forums anyway! *cough*Beav*cough* Do you guys see anything like this at other bands fan forums?

Just curious.

I used to go over to DIS (drowned in sound) but not for a while now.
I don't remember why except maybe it's not interference - and between that and political blogs I really don't have much time for any other sites.

1. I post regularly on the German Shepherd forum and iDog. I infrequently lurk and post on a gymnastics forum. That's it.

2. I'm very picky with music and self-admittedly pretty close-minded so I rarely visit B&C :reject:

1. I post at a small forum made up of a community I've known for a few years, now. Just a few pals chilling.

2. Well, I think there's a lot of variety, but that's to be expected, isn't it? U2 are a band and people here probably like music. I have seen more extremes on other forums, though. I'd have to say that B&C is actually probably the nicest and most tolerant of any music subforum I've ever been to, though, and I think that really says a lot, because it's still full of mad fellas.

1. I post at a small forum made for all economy students at my university. Most time we discuss our math exercises etc. Yes, I know :yawn:

2. Well, I think there's a lot of variety, but that's to be expected, isn't it? U2 are a band and people here probably like music. I have seen more extremes on other forums, though. I'd have to say that B&C is actually probably the nicest and most tolerant of any music subforum I've ever been to, though, and I think that really says a lot, because it's still full of mad fellas.

1. I used to frequent newsonf1 fairly often, but then I got over my Formula 1 obsession. I tried a V8 Supercars forum for a bit, but not passionate enough. The folks over at Big Footy are bloody scary. So just here, and it's all I have time for really.

2. I think you sum it up well Zoots. :up: I love B&C. Didn't use it for about a year, year and a half, love it now. It his single-handedly caused my 'music expedition' and is one reason I love Floyd, Radiohead, Bowie...

Actually, more on the second question - I think this is probably the only band forum I've ever been a regular of, but I see similar things at NoHomers, one of the key Simpsons forums. The thing is, the media section of that forum is about as hipinion outside of hipinion as you can possibly get.

It has attracted people that have never watched an episode of the Simpsons in their lives, which sounds ridiculous because I always thought that everybody in the world has seen every single episode of the Simpsons up to a certain point. But there you go.

I'd have to say that it's much more snide and smug over there than at B&C, though - even if it's superior in other ways.

1. Nah, I don't fuck with any other forums.

2. U2popmofo is the MVP of the Bang and Clatter forum

Back
Top Bottom