You + 6,999,999,999 friends

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The_Population_Bomb.jpg

A best-seller in the late 60's and early 70's.

And completely wrong. Wrong because they couldn't foresee technologies like irradiated and genetically modified food.

Two technologies, I might point out, opposed by what can only be described as anti-science liberals.

So if your opposition had won, then the book would have been true? Well thanks for being wrong again I guess :huh:

What was the point of this post?

This was a book that was criticized by people from all political spectrums, but nice try.

No offense to Axver, but I have a hard time understanding how anyone could have a "dislike for young children". It's just baffling to me, especially since we all used to be children.

Of course, I'm speaking as someone who absolutely adores kids, although I don't think I want to have any of my own.

He is really a grumpy old man in a young man's body. :yes:

No offense to Axver, but I have a hard time understanding how anyone could have a "dislike for young children".

:reject:

I don't like babies at all, and I pretty much don't like children under the age of 5. Of course, my dad remarried and had his own baby five years ago, and I didn't mind him at all. I didn't like it when he was put into my arms at like 5 months, though. I kinda just stood there until he started to cry and was taken away. I've been good with him since he was about 3.

Anyway, I know several women who all say they don't like children, except for their own. :shrug:

Meh. I think there have always been both people who are particularly fond of babies/children/teenagers, and people who generally find them unrewarding and wearying to be around. To the extent that the latter group's grown in recent decades, I think that's probably more than anything else because steadily shrinking family sizes (in tandem with extended families becoming more geographically dispersed) have meant that far fewer of us grew up having significantly younger siblings/cousins/etc. around whom we were expected to accommodate, and are therefore less tolerant of their socially immature behaviors. I happen to like children and am especially fond of preschoolers, but even if that weren't the case, I spent so much time as a teenager caring for my 'baby' brother and sister, from diaper changes through to helping them memorize their multiplication tables, that my response to having to share space with shouting toddlers or snickering preteens is pretty much, That's life, deal with it.

No offense to Axver, but I have a hard time understanding how anyone could have a "dislike for young children". It's just baffling to me, especially since we all used to be children.

It's mainly babies. I just find them to be the most hideous creatures, which is a shame because practically every other animal on the planet has adorable young. Kittens are one of the best things in the world. Hell, I hate dogs and even I find most puppies cute. But babies? The sooner they stop being babies, the better.

I thought I was the only person who felt this way, then I met my girlfriend. Misanthropy is fun when you have somebody to share it with.

(Lest I come across as way too serious and miserable, I should say that we're both actually really good with kids. You know how there's always that person at a family gathering who all the kids gravitate to, and they end up with the role of entertaining the kids for the afternoon? That's us. Games? Funny voices? We've got you covered.)

The_Population_Bomb.jpg

A best-seller in the late 60's and early 70's.

And completely wrong. Wrong because they couldn't foresee technologies like irradiated and genetically modified food.

Two technologies, I might point out, opposed by what can only be described as anti-science liberals.

Why is practically every post you make a lame and completely unnecessary potshot seeking to score partisan political points? It's boring.

I happen to like children and am especially fond of preschoolers, but even if that weren't the case, I spent so much time as a teenager caring for my 'baby' brother and sister, from diaper changes through to helping them memorize their multiplication tables, that my response to having to share space with shouting toddlers or snickering preteens is pretty much, That's life, deal with it.

I suppose it might have something to do with being an only child, but my response to sharing space with noisy young children is more along the lines of "if you must breed, don't let your life choices affect me". Yes, I'm the guy at cafes who looks up from his meal with a scowl when there is a child shrieking.

Don't care about children older than about seven or so, though. They're not usually a problem - except, apparently, when they're teenagers in groups on the way home from school and don't know how to use an inside voice on the tram.

I like other peoples' cute kids. But the best part is that after a family gathering, all those little fucks go away and I don't have to deal with them! :up:

Back
Top Bottom