World in shock after black man expresses opinion on a stage

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oh wow. Contrary his proclamation in my sig, he is so not a doper person.

There's been speculation for quite some time now that Kanye is slowing morphing into Tracy Morgan/Jordan. I think this pretty much seals it.

He hung his head in shame and started to cry a little.

Is he nothing but the consummate performer, or am I too cynical? I doubt the sincerity of someone who can make such an effort as he did to disrupt her speech to feel much remorse. I hope Leno gave him a hard time.

Kanye was very close to his mother, in fact, I believe she was his manager.

She died unexpectedly just a couple of years ago.

I'm sure alcohol had a lot to do with his behavior that night.

Is he nothing but the consummate performer, or am I too cynical? I doubt the sincerity of someone who can make such an effort as he did to disrupt her speech to feel much remorse. I hope Leno gave him a hard time.

I have to agree. Kanye is so arrogant, and this is not the first time he has done this. If he tones down his oversized ego a bit after all this, I might believe he learned his lesson.

I love that Obama called him a jackass.

Well, I don't. I think it's ridiculous for world leaders to be commenting on pop celebrities and musicians. It's a cheapening of their offices, and symptomatic of the dumbing down of our culture, such as it is. And the 'feminisation' of our culture, to be controversial.

I heard Gordon Brown mouthing off about 'celebrity deathmatch' or whatever it's called recently. The one a singer called Susan Boyle almost won, I forget what it's called.

Of course, Obama is a good PR guy, Brown wishes he was. Which is pathetic. It's ridiculous and absurd that the prime minister of a country of 60 million thinks that he has to play the PR game in order to improve his ratings. And it doesn't even work.

The thread could also be called, "President calls a spade a spade".

Now, that could be misinterpreted.

spade 2 (spd)
n.
2. Offensive Slang Used as a disparaging term for a Black person.
http://www.thefreedictionary.com/spade

Well, I don't. I think it's ridiculous for world leaders to be commenting on pop celebrities and musicians. It's a cheapening of their offices, and symptomatic of the dumbing down of our culture, such as it is. And the 'feminisation' of our culture, to be controversial.

it's not as if he gave a press conference on the issue. it was a (presumably or assumedly) off the record conversation during down time of an interview shoot. he has two young daughters that (presumably or assumedly) provide a regular dose of pop culture.

i don't understand why anyone cares about this.

It wasn't suppose to be on the record. Do you honestly think...

Oh nevermind you're just trolling again.:|

From the video it's quite clear that it's just random small talk while others are finishing the set up for the interview. I wouldn't even call it off the record, which suggests a sensitive/secretive/serious topic. I'd just file it under "Sooo.... how was your weekend?"

Are you serious?

If you are, you might want to readjust your undies.

If I were a public figure, I would consider everything "on the record" unless I made it clear beforehand what I was saying was "off the record". As a journalist, I would consider anything not specifically clarified beforehand as up for grabs, for me to use or not to use at my discretion. I don't know whether it was made clear earlier.

That being said, like Earnie Shavers said, "jackass" wouldn't be important enough for me to bother quoting or using in a video or audio. It was harmless shooting the shit and I can't imagine why anyone would care. However, I think "jackass" was a good call on his part.

Back
Top Bottom