Women Lose 90 Percent of Eggs by Age 30

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I read your post,
that article this morning, I can't believe people are responding to this woman like she had any legitmate points.

J16-lori_06-16-2008_427THAI.jpg

did any of you read what she wrote?

God help any man she would settle for (that would have her) , I sure would not want to be him.

I don't see anything particularly objectionable in what she wrote.

On the other hand this person

My friend Alan, for instance, justified his choice of a “bland” wife who’s a good mom but with whom he shares little connection this way: “I think one-stop shopping is overrated. I get passion at my office with my work, or with my friends that I sometimes call or chat with—it’s not the same, and, boy, it would be exciting to have it with my spouse. But I spend more time with people at my office than I do with my spouse.”

seems like the type that gives us guys a bad name. Most of my friends are married but I'd like to think they don't have this view of their partners. Call me a romantic idealist but your life partner should also be your best friend. (Not necessarily your only best friend.)

I don't see anything particularly objectionable in what she wrote.

it seemed to me she was comparing her real life situations to characters on Friends and Sex and the City

these are fictional people made up by a large writng pool

I will say I did go back and watch the video on the link
I found her to be quite reasonable and insiteful during the interview :shrug:

While I don't take offence at this as it really doesn't apply to me or my life choices, honestly deep, this is seriously rude and frankly, hurtful to probably a few people here (regardless of how you meant it, it's how it comes across).

I agree because it comes across as smug since I'm one of those women who cannot carry a baby full-term due to health problems related to genetics NOT decisions.

Biological Clock Ticks Faster Than Most Women Realize

:yikes:

I'm getting closer to 30 (I'll be 28 in June) as well as my female friends. This article has freaked me out. I usually tell myself I could have a baby in my late 30s because my sister is 36 and having her first baby, plus my mom had me at age 43. But now I am thinking what can I do? What can woman everywhere do? Nature wants us to conceive at a young age yet society won't allow it. It is best for a woman to be well educated, have a solid job, in good financial standing and then be in a rock solid relationship, married or not, before she even thinks about getting pregnant. By the time she gets all this, she is in her 30s and her fertility drops dramatically. She then may face fertility treatments, at-risk pregnancies, etc.

I'm curious about everyone's thoughts are about this - particularly women in their late 20s and older.

I always thought it was by age forty, but thanks for the information.

Well I'll be turning 30 this year, so motherhood is something I've been giving thought to. I'm undecided if I want children, but I certainly don't want to have them as an insurance against some possible future regret. What complicates matters for me is that I've been diagnosed with endometriosis and my surgeon told me that 1) it significantly lowers my chances of getting pregnant and 2) if I do want to have kids it's better done much, much sooner than later. Among my friends and acquaintances that have young children, I don't know anyone who's had them in their 20s - most have become parents in their early-to-mid 30s.

Now there's a study saying that the risk of autism increases by as much as 50% in kids who were born to mothers over the age of 40 (50 % greater than that of a woman 25-29). With the father's age it's an increased risk when the father is older and the woman is under 30.

Now there's a study saying that the risk of autism increases by as much as 50% in kids who were born to mothers over the age of 40 (50 % greater than that of a woman 25-29). With the father's age it's an increased risk when the father is older and the woman is under 30.

I saw that news story too. With any pregnancy there can be risk. I was a high risk pregnancy at age twenty seven. Thankfully, I had a full term, healthy boy.

linkage? im interested in autism research , i didnt know they had got maternal age as a factor, i have been involved in studies here looking for the genetic markers.

Back
Top Bottom