Woman Striving To Be World's Heaviest

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MrsSpringsteen

Blue Crack Addict
OLD BRIDGE, New Jersey (Reuters) – A New Jersey woman is waging a campaign to become the world's heaviest living woman, admitting that she is as hungry for attention as she is for calorie-rich food.

Donna Simpson, 42, weighs more than 600 pounds (272 kg) and aims to reach 1,000 pounds (455 kg).

The mother of two children, ages 3 and 14, models on a website called supersizedbombshells.com, where admirers and the curious can pay to watch videos of her eating greasy foods or walking to the car.

She has appeared in television interviews and said she welcomes media coverage.

A Guinness World Records spokeswoman said Simpson has submitted a claim for the title of world's heaviest woman to give birth, a claim that is being reviewed.

Among the heaviest women ever recorded was one who reportedly weighed 1,800 pounds (816 kg) and another who reportedly weighed 1,200 pounds (545 kg) at the time of their deaths.

Simpson said she has received a book offer and wants her own reality show, partly to give plus-size women more confidence. She wears size XXXXXL clothing, which she buys mostly online, and calls herself a member of the "fat acceptance community."

"The bigger your butt is, the bigger belly you have, the sexier you are," Simpson said, lounging on the couch of her suburban home 40 miles south of New York.

Simpson has found a man who says he appreciates her size, and they plan to marry in Hawaii this year. She said airlines are being accommodating of her needs.

Her fiancee, 49-year-old Philippe Gouamba and the father of her 3-year-old daughter, said he not only finds Simpson attractive but is also one of Simpson's biggest supporters in her quest to expand her girth.

"You look at her curves and see her full belly and generous hips," Gouamba said. "It's very sexy."

Simpson said she gets e-mails from women who think they will never fall in love or have children because of their weight.

"I just say that's not true," Simpson said. "I would love to be a voice, so that people can see a woman of size having a regular family."

She said she also receives mail from people who say she is putting herself and her children at risk.

Simpson spends as much as $750 a week on groceries, suffers from Type 2 diabetes and struggles with basic tasks such as cooking and taking a shower.

But she dismisses critics who warn that her weight can lead to heart problems, aggravate her diabetes and cause pressure on her joints.

"I'm very healthy. I go to the doctor every three months," she said.

Simpson has battled weight issues all her life and was mercilessly teased. But after a friend died following complications from gastric bypass surgery, she decided to quit the dieting and the weight pills and eat what she wanted.

"I've always been comfortable with myself," she said. "It was just everybody else that wasn't comfortable with me."

I would think perhaps she has underlying issues that have nothing to do with weight and food. The attention thing being one clue.

I do think it would be just as unhealthy to be striving to be the world's thinnest, most physically fit. Opposite ends of the same spectrum?

Her husband is average size, I just saw some pictures. Another article said he weighs 150 “I think he’d like it if I was bigger,” Simpson said

Her means of support is that site, where guys pay to watch videos of her eating (I don't know what else and I don't want to know..) I guess it's some sort of fetish.

Simpson said she has received a book offer and wants her own reality show

Of course she does :sigh:. And the sad part is, somebody's probably going to give one of those to her. Gosh, it'd be so nice to get back to TV recruiting people on their talent instead of their stupidity...

The opposite end of the spectrum isn't any better, either, and neither side should be rewarded for their extreme health problems. I remember seeing a thing (not through my own choosing, someone else was watching the show and this story happened to pop up) about anorexic twins on an entertainment show (? That's entertainment?) once. Extremely, dangerously thin, skeletal, they looked like they should've been on their deathbeds, frankly. And they were getting makeovers. 'Cause that's what women in that situation need-makeovers :doh::|.

partly to give plus-size women more confidence.

Uh, yeah, there's "plus-size" and then there's "dangerously overweight". You're in the latter category, dear.

If it were just her, then I'd say, stupid as it is, that's her problem, her choice. But she's got children. She should focus her goals more towards them than some world record. I think MrsSpringsteen is spot on, she's got some serious issues going on. I hope she doesn't break the record. I hope someone is able to step in and get her some help. This is not healthy, this is not smart, this is disturbing.

Angela

Of course she does :sigh:. And the sad part is, somebody's probably going to give one of those to her.

TLC seems like a good candidate. That whole station is nothing but a circus sideshow.

As an aside, I wonder when the last time anyone actually "learned" anything on TLC--"The Learning Channel"?

TLC seems like a good candidate. That whole station is nothing but a circus sideshow.

As an aside, I wonder when the last time anyone actually "learned" anything on TLC--"The Learning Channel"?

That it is. I'll go with that, cue offer from that channel in 3, 2...

I've often wondered that, too. About the only thing I've learned from that channel in recent times is just how desperately low people will sink to get on TV. Maybe the channel needs to change its name?

Angela

article-1257850-08B61F29000005DC-180_634x588.jpg

If you Google you can find some bikini photos of her as well.

I have to wonder what she does to afford her $750 a week habit?

And how does anyone who loves her think it's sexy if their loved one is strugling to do everyday things such as shower or walk? I can understand her delusion, but why his?

as a side note,
living in the OC, I do know a lot of conservatives, and one of their favorite rants, is the government money that goes to public tv, PBS. It is a tiny amount, seed money to encourage other doners.

Anyways, they say there no need anymore with cable TV, since we have TLC, A & E, History Channel. etc. PBS, does have a few silly programs, but those others put on the worst junk- science, crap, True Ghost Stories, UFOs Are Real. 'When Dragons ruled the Earth"

end rant

as a side note,
living in the OC, I do know a lot of conservatives, and one of their favorite rants, is the government money that goes to public tv, PBS. It is a tiny amount, seed money to encourage other doners.

Anyways, they say there no need anymore with cable TV, since we have TLC, A & E, History Channel. etc. PBS, does have a few silly programs, but those others put on the worst junk- science, crap, True Ghost Stories, UFOs Are Real. 'When Dragons ruled the Earth"

Yes. Cable TV "science" generally appeals to the lowest common denominator to the point that I find it completely unwatchable (and, for that matter, I can't stand reality TV either).

Incidentally, though, one of my favourite stations is Oasis HD here in Canada. That station is like crack...hah.

I don't believe I have that channel on my cable

But, I will look to watch some of their online programs on my labtop

lately, I have been taking my ASUS (8 plus hours battery life) to bed and watching TV to fall asleep-.

LOL. Hey if you watch the ER shows or the ones about various parasite infestations, those are rather informative (in a nasty way).

It's good to have goals...:|

That's exactly what I thought when I saw the thread title! :lol:

She is eating herself to death.

I've often wondered if it's a slow method of suicide.

I mean, effectively, it is...I just wonder if suicide is -- if she'd allow herself to admit it -- actually her intent.

That's an interesting angle, indra. Good point.

LOL. Hey if you watch the ER shows or the ones about various parasite infestations, those are rather informative (in a nasty way).

Eugh, yeah, they are *Makes face*.

BVS, I wondered about that, too, when I first saw this story some time back. I've had to experience witnessing someone slowly lose the abliity to do that sort of stuff, and you're absolutely right, it's not at all attractive, it's just incredibly sad.

Angela

i find it humourous that her last name is Simpson.

but then again, i don't think the final episode of her reality show is going to involve her stopping a nuclear meltdown.

only in America :shrug:

That's exactly what I thought when I saw the thread title! :lol:

I've often wondered if it's a slow method of suicide.

I mean, effectively, it is...I just wonder if suicide is -- if she'd allow herself to admit it -- actually her intent.

I had the same take. An unhappy woman and a slow suicide.

article-1257850-08B61F29000005DC-180_634x588.jpg

If you Google you can find some bikini photos of her as well.

I have to wonder what she does to afford her $750 a week habit?

And how does anyone who loves her think it's sexy if their loved one is strugling to do everyday things such as shower or walk? I can understand her delusion, but why his?

Bikini photos?!?!?! GROSS!!! :barf: I'll never understand people with certain fetishes...

And doesn't she realize she's committing slow suicide? Ah, well, it's her life, as long as she doesn't sue the airlines because of 'Discrimination of Oversized Citizens' when she has to pay for two or three seats...

And no matter how gross and sad, people will watch and tv advertisers will oblige.

Can't stand the voyeuristic freakshow world of reality tv.

Reality tv is disheartening on so many levels--the voyeurism, the pandering to the lowest element, the manipulation, the celebrity of mediocrity and bad behavior, the cheap production cost (and value) as compared to having to hire writers/etc., the lack of creativity and challenge.

But as you implied, the worst of it is the level to which it brings down both the subject and the audience. It frightens me, some.

She makes her grocery money with the web site so there must be plenty of people who are interested in that, for whatever reasons. I assume her fiancee helps out too, I don't know. I have no idea why he's find it sexy that she struggles and he still supposedly wants her to get even bigger. If you truly care about someone you shouldn't want that, obviously. I would say that someone who is very unhappy and committing a slow suicide would not be in a healthy relationship-it's all part and parcel of the same issues.

She makes her grocery money with the web site so there must be plenty of people who are interested in that, for whatever reasons. I assume her fiancee helps out too, I don't know. I have no idea why he's find it sexy that she struggles and he still supposedly wants her to get even bigger. If you truly care about someone you shouldn't want that, obviously. I would say that someone who is very unhappy and committing a slow suicide would not be in a healthy relationship-it's all part and parcel of the same issues.

Probably the same as people who enable each other with drugs, binge drinking, etc. It seems different when it's so visually obvious that the person has a life threatening problem but I wonder if the psychology is really much different...

That's a good point, Liesje.

I watch "American Idol" and "Dancing", so maybe I shouldn't really talk, but reality TV really does suck (but I don't really put those two shows in with the other "reality" stuff, though-"Idol" does actually deal with a talent, singing, and the dances are fun to watch on the "Dancing" show). I honestly don't know why people watch half the stuff that's out there. I don't know why having 20 kids makes you worthy of a TV show, I don't know why 20 women fighting over a guy for reasons that clearly have zero to do with love is interesting, and I don't know why anyone would want to watch this woman on TV. I sincerely hope the day does come when this trend dies away.

Angela

Back
Top Bottom