WikiLeaks largest classified military leak - Page 3 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind

Old 10-26-2010, 08:55 PM   #31
Refugee

Local Time: 04:20 PM
Living in the wonderful liberal state of vermont, I have actually been asked on several occasions by people with a straight face, asking/saying that "I just wanna go kill people." That really bothers me. Sorry if I was a little touchy.

Old 10-26-2010, 09:53 PM   #32
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 03:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Pac_Mule View Post
I'm not even going to try and argue with someone who feels that joining the US military is wrong on the grounds that it is full of war criminals... wonderful
That's not what I'm saying. I'm saying I have a problem with you saying the opposite, that there is no wrong-doing in the military. If that's not what you're saying, then you were inarticulate in your response to Canadiens.

Old 10-26-2010, 09:53 PM   #33
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Living in the wonderful liberal state of vermont, I have actually been asked on several occasions by people with a straight face, asking/saying that "I just wanna go kill people." That really bothers me. Sorry if I was a little touchy.
I have family members in the military. I don't think they want to go kill people. That's not why I have problems with it.
Old 10-26-2010, 09:57 PM   #34
Refugee

Ohh. Well what I was saying is the majority of the civilian casualties were killed by Iraqi insurgents. But none-the-less, of course there are bad apples in our military, and instances of abuse. This is going to happen in any armed conflict. War can bring out the best of people, but also the worst.
Old 10-26-2010, 10:03 PM   #35
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Ohh. Well what I was saying is the majority of the civilian casualties were killed by Iraqi insurgents. But none-the-less, of course there are bad apples in our military, and instances of abuse. This is going to happen in any armed conflict. War can bring out the best of people, but also the worst.
And the United States military has covered up its own actions before (i.e. the most public example of this, Pat Tillman). These documents shed light on issues like that.
Old 10-27-2010, 03:09 AM   #36
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Local Time: 02:20 PM
Yeah, there are good and bad ways to go about exposing certain documents. I do know that making sure you can prove everything is legit and accurate certainly helps your case-they talked about that a bit in that interview clip. Which of the two this is, I'm not exactly sure, but I don't necessarily see a problem with revealing this sort of information sometimes. I fully understand secrecy in some purposes-protecting people from becoming targets for attackers, not wanting the "enemy" to know our next move, and all that.

But at the same time, from what I've seen/read in the news about our "enemy", they aren't exactly naive about the way we operate and sometimes seem two steps ahead of us anyway. And if there are cover-ups and protection of people for the wrong reasons-i.e., because they committed some sort of illegal activity or some abuse and such, then sorry, that stuff should be exposed. If people are scared about that stuff being reported and discussed, then, um, here's a suggestion: maybe don't do it to begin with? Certainly makes it a lot easier, doesn't it?

Angela
Old 10-30-2010, 02:09 AM   #37
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 10:20 PM
Quote:
War can bring out the best of people, but also the worst.
I´d like a couple of examples for war bringing out the BEST of people
Old 11-25-2010, 02:57 PM   #38
Refugee

Local Time: 08:20 PM

CBC News - Canada - U.S. warns Ottawa of WikiLeak release

The U.S. government has notified Ottawa that the WikiLeaks website is preparing to release sensitive U.S. diplomatic files that could damage U.S. relations with allies around the world.

U.S. officials say the documents may contain accounts of compromising conversations with political dissidents and friendly politicians and could result in the expulsion of U.S. diplomats from foreign postings.

A Foreign Affairs spokeswoman said the U.S. ambassador to Canada, David Jacobson, has phoned Minister of Foreign Affairs Lawrence Cannon to inform him of the matter.

Melissa Lantsman said the Canadian Embassy in Washington is "currently engaging" with the U.S. State Department on the matter.

A State Department spokesman said Wednesday the release of confidential communications about foreign governments probably will erode trust in the United States as a diplomatic partner.

U.S. diplomatic outposts around the world have begun notifying other governments that WikiLeaks may release the documents in the next few days.
Old 11-26-2010, 06:34 PM   #39
Refugee

This leak is not going to be good. Literally, it will be like taking your 17 year old girlfriend's sexts and nude photos and putting it on the front page of CNN. Except that girl friend happens to be another country and your own country.

Vote For Maddy! on Facebook
Old 11-26-2010, 06:36 PM   #40
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 09:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadelynIris View Post
This leak is not going to be good. Literally, it will be like taking your 17 year old girlfriend's sexts and nude photos and putting it on the front page of CNN. Except that girl friend happens to be another country and your own country.

i can't quite understand the link to facebook in relation to your paragraph
Old 11-26-2010, 06:36 PM   #41
Blue Crack Addict

Why is the US government sexting, then? Seems awfully irresponsible.
Old 11-26-2010, 08:04 PM   #42
Refugee

Link is my sig. Sorry. Maddy is my daughter. Her name is Madelyn Iris.
Old 11-26-2010, 08:44 PM   #43
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 09:20 PM
The background of the Wikileaks organisation and their funding may merit further research.
Old 11-27-2010, 04:02 AM   #44
Refugee

This guy has their number:Jester's Court – Stay Frosty My Friends
Old 11-28-2010, 12:33 AM   #45
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadelynIris View Post
I don`t think he really adds anything to the debate. It`s what I hate about blogs, a lot of poorly-organized rambling.