Why this forum sucks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cobl04

45:33
One of the biggest world events in a long time - Scotland's independence referendum - doesn't get so much as a sneeze.

FYM should be great. But the only place I've seen it talked about is in our superthread in OOC and our Australia thread in LS, despite none of us being Scottish.

At any rate, it was voted down 54/46, which interestingly was pretty much equal to our vote in 1999.

One of the biggest world events in a long time - Scotland's independence referendum -

While I agree it is newsworthy - but is it "one of the biggest world events"? With all of the issues with ISIS, Ukraine, NSA spying, and Global Warming...?

I am going to bet that most people don't know that Scotland is part of the United Kingdom anyway(wasn't Braveheart about Scottish FREEDOM after all?)

Vladmir Putin has just issued a statement asserting Russia`s right to invade Scotland to protect the native scottish speakers from the English speaking, facist leaning government in London

Vladmir Putin has just issued a statement asserting Russia`s right to invade Scotland to protect the native scottish speakers from the English speaking, facist leaning government in London

I heard that Petro Poroshenko has been urging David Cameron to commence bombing of cities which had a high "Yes" turn out in Scotland's referendum. :wink:

A good rule of thumb is that if a topic slots somewhere into the edifice of one or other of the culture wars that preoccupy US discourse (and that of related countries), it may get a run. Scottish independence fits nowhere.

The Scots are lucky they voted no. Separation would have been an unmitigated disaster for their country (as it would be for Quebec if they separated from Canada).

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

just because it isn't in FYM doesn't mean it didn't happen.

right?

i mean, 500m people just got a free album against their own will and you expect us to be worried about the national identity issues of some tiny country in dreary northern europe?

then again, i assume someone in Scotland felt sexually violated by Bono, so perhaps that's important ...

What the hell is going on there?

tumblr_nc647df7hf1qggosso3_500.png

Scottish referendum: Police struggle to control Unionist rally in Glasgow's George Square - Home News - UK - The Independent

Glasgow's George Square turns ugly tonight as pro-union skinheads taunt defeated Scottish independence campaigners - Mirror Online

One of the biggest world events in a long time - Scotland's independence referendum - doesn't get so much as a sneeze.

FYM should be great. But the only place I've seen it talked about is in our superthread in OOC and our Australia thread in LS, despite none of us being Scottish.

At any rate, it was voted down 54/46, which interestingly was pretty much equal to our vote in 1999.

So what stopped you from starting a thread about it?

Back
Top Bottom