"Why most of what you believe about dogs is rubbish"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
crying again posting this..

A loyal Labrador retriever kept a faithful vigil at his master's side this week even as friends and family wept at his human's coffin. "Hawkeye" waited patiently at the Iowa funeral for a word or a whistle from downed Navy SEAL Jon Tumilson, 35, killed with 29 other US service members when their Chinook helicopter was shot down earlier this month in Afghanistan. Hawkeye led mourners into the ceremony at the local Rockford high school, then lay down with a sigh for the service.

Tumilson, who joined the Navy just out of high school, was hailed as a hero at the service attended by some 1,500 in his hometown, reports the Daily Mail. His dog is being adopted by a fellow SEAL. "RIP, shipmate. Fair winds and following seas," a buddy posted on a Facebook page in Tumilson's honor. "I'm sure you and Hawkeye will see each other again."

836023-0-20110825032949.jpeg

Reminds me of when my uncle passed very unexpectedly in December. He was buried with a black lab Beanie Baby and his poor dog is still sulking, she can't figure out where he went and why they aren't duck hunting :(

Back
Top Bottom