Why-Because I'm A Black Man In America?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Racism had nothing to do w the case.
Claiming racism when there isn't any in a case is almost as bad and sometimes worse.

Ok, boobie?

:hug:

<>

Claiming racism when there isn't any in a case is almost as bad and sometimes worse.

yes, this is what i thought you were thinking, and i'm glad it's illuminated.

i'm glad the white people have you looking out for them. lord knows white people ain't got nobody but Jesus.

I look out for everybody, equally.

And I will be looking for you this next tour. Do you think I can crash at your house when U2 plays your area?
PM if you think that'd be ok.
:)
<>

Results from a CNN telephone poll of 1136 Americans, done 7/31-8/3. (I gather from skimming the methodology that only 999 respondents' answers are actually reflected below: in tabulating this portion of the poll, they disregarded answers from respondents who identified as Latino, Asian, etc.)

Have you personally ever felt treated unfairly by the police or by a police officer specifically because of your race?
Blacks Yes 56% No 44%
Whites Yes 6% No 94%

We'd like to know how widespread you believe the problem of racism is against blacks among police officers in this country. Would you say it is very common, fairly common, fairly rare, or very rare?
Blacks Very Common 46% Fairly Common 40% Fairly Rare 7% Very Rare 5% no op. 2%
Whites Very Common 11% Fairly Common 36% Fairly Rare 35% Very Rare 14% no op. 4%

Now I have some questions about an incident in Massachusetts in which a professor named Henry Louis Gates, who is black, was arrested for disorderly conduct at his home by a police officer named James Crowley, who is white. Based on what you have heard or read about this incident, do you think the police officer, James Crowley, acted stupidly or don’t you think so?
Blacks Stupidly 59% Not Stupidly 29% no op. 12%
Whites Stupidly 29% Not Stupidly 58% no op. 14%

And based on what you have heard or read about this incident, do you think the professor, Henry Louis Gates, acted stupidly or don’t you think so?
Blacks Stupidly 44% Not Stupidly 43% no op. 13%
Whites Stupidly 58% Not Stupidly 27% no op. 15%

Who would you say you sympathize with more--Henry Louis Gates, the professor who was arrested, or James Crowley, the police officer who arrested him?
Blacks Gates 61% Crowley 19% Both 4% Neither 8% no op. 8%
Whites Gates 29% Crowley 45% Both 9% Neither 9% no op. 8%

Do you think a white homeowner would have been arrested if he had acted the same way in the same circumstances, or don’t you think so?
Blacks Yes 25% No 64% Depends 3% no op. 8%
Whites Yes 66% No 23% Depends 4% no op. 8%

As you may know, Barack Obama made some comments about this incident at a televised press conference. Based on what you have read or heard about Obama's comments, do you think Obama acted stupidly when he made them, or don't you think so?
Blacks Stupidly 26% Not Stupidly 59% no op. 15%
Whites Stupidly 63% Not Stupidly 25% no op. 13%

^ what this shows is that black people need to stop letting race cloud their reality, like race clouds the reality and judgement of people like Sotomayor.

Lastly note the picture below, it speaks volumes.

080309pod1.jpg

Absolutely. Very, very telling. Who helps an elderly, slightly disabled man down the steps (who, not to mention, is supposed to be his enemy because, you know, the cop is such a blatant racist) and who ignores him, probably eager to get to the cameras to talk about what a great job he's doing. It's almost unbearable to look at that picture, yet it's in no way surprising.

Are you guys serious? I'm guessing you believed the Obama checking out the girl's ass photo as well? Photos tell a single moment, never the whole story.

You don't think the cop needed the photo op just as much as anyone else?

Come on guys...

Absolutely. Very, very telling. Who helps an elderly, slightly disabled man down the steps (who, not to mention, is supposed to be his enemy because, you know, the cop is such a blatant racist) and who ignores him, probably eager to get to the cameras to talk about what a great job he's doing. It's almost unbearable to look at that picture, yet it's in no way surprising.

For real? You're not kidding?

Wow.

Are you guys serious? I'm guessing you believed the Obama checking out the girl's ass photo as well? Photos tell a single moment, never the whole story.

You don't think the cop needed the photo op just as much as anyone else?

Come on guys...

Your guys' level of denial amaze me.

The photo captures a candid moment in time.

Obama is prethinking his thoughts on about what he is going to say in front of a group of microphones, the photo also shows Crowely helping an older man down some stairs, nothing more, nothing less.

C'mon guys, you're better than this- free yourselves.

<>

Are you guys serious? I'm guessing you believed the Obama checking out the girl's ass photo as well?

Give me a break. It's clear what's going on in that picture. You can have the Obama/Sarkozy photo. Fine. This picture can't be explained away as easily.

Photos tell a single moment, never the whole story.

I'm glad you feel that way, then.

goat.jpg

Results from a CNN telephone poll of 1136 Americans, done 7/31-8/3. (I gather from skimming the methodology that only 999 respondents' answers are actually reflected below: in tabulating this portion of the poll, they disregarded answers from respondents who identified as Latino, Asian, etc.)

Have you personally ever felt treated unfairly by the police or by a police officer specifically because of your race?
Blacks Yes 56% No 44%
Whites Yes 6% No 94%

We'd like to know how widespread you believe the problem of racism is against blacks among police officers in this country. Would you say it is very common, fairly common, fairly rare, or very rare?
Blacks Very Common 46% Fairly Common 40% Fairly Rare 7% Very Rare 5% no op. 2%
Whites Very Common 11% Fairly Common 36% Fairly Rare 35% Very Rare 14% no op. 4%

Now I have some questions about an incident in Massachusetts in which a professor named Henry Louis Gates, who is black, was arrested for disorderly conduct at his home by a police officer named James Crowley, who is white. Based on what you have heard or read about this incident, do you think the police officer, James Crowley, acted stupidly or don’t you think so?
Blacks Stupidly 59% Not Stupidly 29% no op. 12%
Whites Stupidly 29% Not Stupidly 58% no op. 14%

And based on what you have heard or read about this incident, do you think the professor, Henry Louis Gates, acted stupidly or don’t you think so?
Blacks Stupidly 44% Not Stupidly 43% no op. 13%
Whites Stupidly 58% Not Stupidly 27% no op. 15%

Who would you say you sympathize with more--Henry Louis Gates, the professor who was arrested, or James Crowley, the police officer who arrested him?
Blacks Gates 61% Crowley 19% Both 4% Neither 8% no op. 8%
Whites Gates 29% Crowley 45% Both 9% Neither 9% no op. 8%

Do you think a white homeowner would have been arrested if he had acted the same way in the same circumstances, or don’t you think so?
Blacks Yes 25% No 64% Depends 3% no op. 8%
Whites Yes 66% No 23% Depends 4% no op. 8%

As you may know, Barack Obama made some comments about this incident at a televised press conference. Based on what you have read or heard about Obama's comments, do you think Obama acted stupidly when he made them, or don't you think so?
Blacks Stupidly 26% Not Stupidly 59% no op. 15%
Whites Stupidly 63% Not Stupidly 25% no op. 13%

Yolland, Yolland, Yolland.
*sigh*

I looked at this poll last night and wondered if you would post it, I guessed right.

It's no secret that blacks and whites view this situation differently, the problem is that they've been brainwashed by the mainstream media that most cops are bad, when that is untrue. It's very untrue in this case.

This is systemic to the problem, we've all been subconsciously coached on how to view racial issues by the powers to be, namely the media. This is done by the media over hyping a few bad stories to serve a greater agenda. The trick is to look at each case indivually and honestly, and think outside of your own box.
Now that's not to say that I dont have empathy for why most blacks feel this way, based on their history and cases of actual racial discrimination-which are always deplorable.

What is equally deplorable is when one claims there is discrimination and there is none, and goes on further to insult a police officer.

You do acknowledge that racism works both ways, correct? I mean you don't see the Black Panthers as a philantrophy group, now do you?
;)

Further, in the final results of this poll, most Americans collectively agree that Gates was more wrong than Crowley.

I'm hoping in the future that Gates doesn't have a leaking drain pipe in his kitchen and try and fix it. There's a chance if he did and a few drops may hit his forehead, and then he may jump up and claim that he was being "waterboarded .."..

;)

If you want to go after a racist go after the Boston cop who slurred Gates as a Jungle Monkey in an email-that guy has some issues.

<>

And what is Obama supposed to be doing? Guiding him by Gates' other arm, which is holding his cane? Maybe the cop offered assistance first, and Obama wasn't needed to assist.

Or heck, maybe it was decided that the cop would help Gates down the steps, because what better than a photo-op to say "Look, he's helping him down the stairs! All is well!" That wouldn't surprise me, but I don't see how that's a bad thing.

But no, I guess it's just an opportunity to slam Obama.

The photo captures a candid moment in time.
Yes and tell me what happened in the moments that lead up to that moment and then tell me exactly what happened after that moment.
Obama is prethinking his thoughts on about what he is going to say in front of a group of microphones, the photo also shows Crowely helping an older man down some stairs, nothing more, nothing less.
Yes I know we're not used to this, but now we have a president that thinks before he speaks(most of the time). This photo tells us nothing.

Give me a break. It's clear what's going on in that picture. You can have the Obama/Sarkozy photo. Fine. This picture can't be explained away as easily.
So I ask the same thing I asked diamond, what happened before and after?

I'm glad you feel that way, then.

goat.jpg

Well we know exactly what happened after that photo. Not a very good example.

And what is Obama supposed to be doing? Guiding him by Gates' other arm, which is holding his cane? Maybe the cop offered assistance first, and Obama wasn't needed to assist.

Or heck, maybe it was decided that the cop would help Gates down the steps, because what better than a photo-op to say "Look, he's helping him down the stairs! All is well!" That wouldn't surprise me, but I don't see how that's a bad thing.

I doubt that because, nobody apologized at the summit, there was no meeting of the hearts and minds-and Obama was trying to distance himself from an unresolved situation that he help foster.

However, I won't rule anything out because we weren't there, in the end, I do believe it does show Crowley for who he really is- a decent human being and a good cop.

<>

Yes and tell me what happened in the moments that lead up to that moment and then tell me exactly what happened after that moment.

Yes I know we're not used to this, but now we have a president that thinks before he speaks(most of the time). This photo tells us nothing.

So I ask the same thing I asked diamond, what happened before and after?

Well we know exactly what happened after that photo. Not a very good example.

Darrin,

Just go practice your guitar, I would rather listen to you sing.
I don't want you to get in trouble w Diemen again.

<>

Diamond, why are you wasting your time selling cars? .

You just proved my point, you view only see as a automotive salesperson only.
I chose to leave the auto industry almost 5 years ago.

It's ok, no offense taken.

<>

Yolland, Yolland, Yolland.
*sigh*

I looked at this poll last night and wondered if you would post it, I guessed right.

It's no secret that blacks and whites view this situation differently, the problem is that they've been brainwashed by the mainstream media that most cops are bad, when that is untrue. It's very untrue in this case.

Further, in the final results of this poll, most Americans collectively agree that Gates was more wrong than Crowley.

again, black people need to stop letting being black affect them so that they can't see reality.

if they were white, there wouldn't be these problems. :up:

Back
Top Bottom